• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Eyebrows

ChloeL

Hey all, I was just wondering what the general opinion is here about eyebrows.  I try to keep mine nicely trimmed and shaped, but some girls I work with and some of my friends keep theirs shaped even more radically.  Some don't seem to trim theirs at all.  In most cases it doesn't make a huge amount of difference if their eyes are pretty and they use the right eye makeup.  But there are a few girls I know that I really think could make their eyes so much prettier by paying more attention to their brows.

I was just wondering what is the general opinion about eyebrows?  I think they should be trimmed and shaped some, but going really radical on the thinness of your brows is just personal preference.

• Forum Moderator

Hey there Chloe,

Before I started transitioning, I would let may eyebrows grow until my barber agreed to cut them for free. That was five years ago, now I look at them every morning. I pluck them back so that there are two distinctly different browns. (joking) I never was a very hairy person. I'm at a point where I'm considering the options of having a salon do them for me. I have a nail appointment every three weeks, so why not start an eyebrow schedule.

Looking forward to others chiming in.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

I keep mine trimmed and plucked - but not too thin a line. I try to shape them a bit wider on the inside and taper to a thinner line on the outside. I'm not a fan of either too fat or too thin - I guess I take the Goldilocks approach. Just right.

I liked the plucked arch.  My first electrolygist showed me how.   I even got compliments on them sometimes.  
 My second electrolygist insisted I stop.  Apparently the plucked thinner arch  brows have been out of style or something...  :D

She’s an experienced cosmetic pro who actually cleared my face!  So I stopped last year. They grew back.  

Now I pluck just a little and hit ‘em with a trimmer every few days.  

Saw a cool rockabilly type girl working at a thrift store last week.  Her brows were plucked thin and dramatic.  She looked so cool

I never liked them so thin, hope they stay out of style forever. 

I've had mine waxed or threaded multiple times, plucking was too frustrating for me. Rather have someone else deal out the pain.

I think brows are important from my experience in the fashion industry, but they don't have to be overly thin at all.  As has been mentioned, that look is largely out now.  They really mostly need to be free of stray hairs.

One thing to remember that is always important with the makeup artists I have worked with:  The highest point of the brow should be in a direct line between the side of your nostril on that side, through your pupil.  I just use an eyebrow pencil to make sure I get this right when tweezing my brows.

I have used this diagram in the past for myself and some of the girls I know:

https://media.theeverygirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/TheEverygirl-WhatisEyebrowMapping.png

I agree brows are important, Chloe.  Thanks for bringing this subject up.

I would also add that I've been told, a woman's longest lashes should be under the same point that is the highest point of the brow, but I know that's really tough to do, lol.

I guess I've worked in the fashion industry too long, so much of it is about ratios lol.

Thanks for the advice Allision about using the brow pencil to show the best place to have the brow arch.  I got it pretty close!

I think any shape works as long as it's well defined and as Allison said, get rid of the stray hairs.

I find that's what really separate a male brow from a woman's.

On 5/13/2023 at 12:33 AM, Madison_1990 said:

I think any shape works as long as it's well defined and as Allison said, get rid of the stray hairs.

I find that's what really separate a male brow from a woman's.

Agreed. Personally I don't like the trend for really heavily dyed / threaded brows but it's easy to go too thin too. 

Plucking the strays and a gentle shape are the keys for me.

Oh and I also now dye my own. Easy to do. I use Eylure Dybrow but there are loads around.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 87 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Avra
    • Riya
    • April Marie
    • Ivy
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

LostAndForgotten
    Newest Member
    LostAndForgotten

1. Bddk
      Bddk
      (28 years old)
    2. Belladonnakarapinskia
      Belladonnakarapinskia
    3. Breanne_O
      Breanne_O
    4. Danielle57
      Danielle57
    5. ferh.li
      ferh.li
      (20 years old)
    • Adrianna Danielle
      It was the only appliance that was not replaced when I bought the house.Plus I have the phone number for the scrap metal hauling guy that stops at where I work at.Called him and it will be his once I get the new stove.Told me give me a call once it is out and he will come to pick it up
    • Avra
      Ha, that's funny - I swear this is the one I used to use in high school to get around school blockers and play games. 😅🤦‍♀️   Though I'd be wary of using a free VPN today, if your only intent is bypassing censorship, I guess it works. Proton VPN also has a free tier with a limited selection of countries/servers. I feel more comfortable recommending them as they actively try to fight censorship with new evolving VPN protocols, and they protect your privacy. They are also directly funded by their paying customers. So there is really no downside to using their free tier over another free VPN that may not have the same goals/values.
    • Avra
      That sounds pretty accurate. I'm just glad I don't use Windows anymore, as I basically consider Windows itself a virus/malware. Backups can absolutely save you from some types of malware like ransomware. However it's ideal to just not get infected by having smart browsing habits. It's been said, and very accurately so, that the best antivirus is you - even the best antivirus isn't 100% accurate in detecting bad stuff, if you go out looking for that stuff or browse carelessly.   I guess if you don't care and/or don't have sensitive data on your PC, then that's fine I suppose. I personally care a lot - personal accounts, private messages, and even my very presence on this site aren't necessarily things I want to be public knowledge. 🤓🫠
    • Ashley0616
      Yes he is. Sorry it has taken so long. One sick kid and the other has needed my attention more than usually. 
    • MaeBe
      Sure is! Is he good with the kiddos?
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Once again the Biden admin ignores Congress and issues a regulation that can be quickly changed. It would be much wiser if they worked a bill through Congress that became law.  
    • Ashley0616
      I think that is the camera on the floor. Of course the kids aren't picking up after themselves oh well. He sure is big for only being 6 months old. 
    • MaeBe
      Love the look! "What are you doing with that shiny thing!?"
    • Ashley0616
    • MaeBe
      @Birdie @Adrianna Danielle    @Willow    Big news today. We're moving to WA. My wife is taking a job and I am most likely losing mine, so it's adventure time. I'm supposed to be a risk-seeker (Aries, ENTP, etc.) but this is hitting every klaxon and alarm in my brain, but it's going to make my wife and kids happy and it will be a place to make new friends as me without the 45 years of binary baggage. There are tech jobs all over Seattle, which we'll be near, and it's a decent State for trans rights (I don't know how it compares to MN, which is a refuge state). So wish us luck! This could be the best thing ever or rocky as hell, who knows!
    • Ashley0616
      I know the feeling. I had to replace the dishwasher, fridge, stove. The only other issues that could pop up is the washer and dryer and the microwave oh I forgot the toaster. 
    • MaeBe
      That's the hard part of online relationships, they really never get to see the whole you. You either have to create a persona that will carry the day until they get to see you for who you are, or be open and take the risk because it's really easy for them to disconnect because there is little to no bond.   You have to share pictures of your puppy! I am not a dog person, but I can appreciate them in jpg format! My kiddos would love to have a pet, but we're all allergic in some shape or form and my wife and I are like, "no." :D
    • Ashley0616
      I'm sorry Birdie! I wished you could move to a non-stressful place.
    • Ashley0616
      I love shopping for cars with my imaginary budget lol. A mustang is always fun to drive! Every time I felt down or depressed I drove it and it made me happy! 
    • April Marie
      It absolutely does!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.