• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Trans girl is told not to wear dress to Mississippi graduation, lawsuit says

Ivy

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna85231

"The school district's superintendent allegedly told the teen's family that she “needs to wear pants, socks, and shoes like a boy" to the ceremony."

"The teenager is listed in court documents by her initials, L.B. The lawsuit said L.B. had worn dresses to classes and to extracurricular events throughout high school, including to a prom last year."

Why do they even do these things?  What does it matter what she wears - probably under a gown anyway.

Just a chance to inflict one last indignity on her before she's no longer under their control.

It's true.  The cruelty is  the point.

• Admin

A few years ago, I was down on the field with The Trans Chorus Of Los Angeles and Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles, backing Trans performer Dot Marie Jones for the National Anthem there at Dodger Stadium.  It was fun, and I felt acceptance in the crowd there that year.  The article indicates it was not the local Dodger team organization that was behind this exclusion but pressure from a politician who does not represent CA on the National MLB organization that did this and it angers me.  Locally, the Sisters Of Perpetual Indulgence have done exceptional charity work, and I will be attending a function at the home of The Episcopal Bishop Of Los Angeles on Sunday where the Sisters will be putting on a few hands of Drag Queen Bingo, and at least two of the attendees with me and others are Episcopal Church Nuns who love the shenanigans that can be pulled in good fun with the game of Bingo.  The SPI Sisters are helping us raise money for the LGBTQ community the Church serves.  The SPI Sisters also were major contributors to the purchase and maintenance of a building the Trans Chorus is currently using for rehearsals which in the 1980's was an AIDS Hospice.  The Building is now home to a variety of Trans Service organizations in the Los Angeles area.  There is much in the past to be proud of with the Dodgers and the SPI Sisters, but NOT THIS YEAR!! 

Now let's direct this back to the Graduation topic it started out as.

• Forum Moderator

I wonder what the chances are that many of the guys might wear dresses and the girls pants to support L.B.  Then again it's Mississippi.  

Hugs,

Charlize

She been wearing dresses to school already, and even to the prom.  She would have been wearing a gown over the dress anyway.  Who would it have hurt?  This was nothing other than harassment for being transgender.

Mississippi has always been anti-LGBT. I was born there  and because of that I will never be able to change my birth certificate so it will never match my legal name or gender marker. Mississippi schools are very conservative and to my knowledge will never change. The LGBT have been fighting the state gov for a very long time now and as long as the southern baptist religion controls that state, you can bet your knickers it will never change.