• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Different Kind of Bathroom Bill

Ivy

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2023/05/gop-lawmaker-threatens-to-beat-people-up-if-all-gender-restroom-bill-passes/

"A Republican state senator in Illinois is threatening violence if the state passes a bill that would allow businesses to construct all-gender restrooms."

'I’m telling you right now, if a guy walks in there, I’m going to beat the living piss out of him,'"

The bill would allow non-gendered bathrooms, not require them.

"If passed, the bill will allow businesses to create multi-occupancy restrooms that people of all genders could use. It would require stall dividers that go from the floor to the ceiling in such restrooms and a covering to keep people from looking in between the divider and the door. It would ban urinals from such restrooms and require at least one vending device for menstruation products and a changing table."

I don't really see why this would be a problem, but then, I'm not a Republican.

• Forum Moderator

Well of course he wouldn't like it.  He wants the kind of bathroom where you can peer under the door or through the crack in the door.  Perv!

• Admin

The only thing I wouldn't like about this bill is if it would allow the all-gender restrooms to include urinals.  That seems gross to have to look at guys peeing, even if its just out of the corner of my eye.  Otherwise, i like it.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

The man is obviously catering to the wako's with the "beat the living....out of him".   Sorry about the ......  I guess i'm not a real man, certainly not the one i once was. 

12 minutes ago, Carolyn Marie said:

if it would allow the all-gender restrooms to include urinals.

In this case…

3 hours ago, Ivy said:

It would ban urinals from such restrooms

It addresses the "peeking under the door" thing, and the looking through the crack as well.  

As far as I can see the only objection is that trans people could use them - which of course was his problem.  (to be addressed with violence)  I mean, he could even go in himself to protect his daughter from the crowd of perverts that would surely be lurking there.

14 hours ago, Ivy said:

'I’m telling you right now, if a guy walks in there, I’m going to beat the living piss out of him,'"

Where I live, that isn't particularly violent.  Rather common.  I've watched my GF engage in grocery store fisticuffs on more than one occasion.  And senators/representatives used to engage in such activities on the floors of Congress during the early decades of the nation. 

Not sure if omni-gender common bathrooms are a great idea.  Although one only has to watch the 2004+ Battlestar Galactica series to see a version of a society where such is peaceably common.  I'd rather have omni-gender individual bathrooms.  We don't need any debate or legislation to make that happen...just plumbers.