• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

ISP blocked?

April Marie

Help! After several days of occasionally being unable to get to the forum, I now get a message of Forbidden You don’t have permission to access this resource. 

I was able to log in by signing in using my Cellular network on my phone, not my internet provider.

I don’t think I did anything to be banned. Did I?

Was my domain blocked for some reason?

April

• Forum Moderator

I have had that happen to my email.  When it happens it usually means that your service provider has been blacklisted because someone on it is spreading spam or other unacceptable content.  It is up to the service provider to identify and block the bad guy and then to try to get reinstated.  It is in their interest to do so, since it inconveniences all their good subscribers.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, April Marie said:

Was my domain blocked for some reason?

April

Nope, you are a member in good standing, hon.  As to your ISP, you'll need to contact them if the problem persists.  This site has been the subject of recent DoS attacks, but we've defeated them at every turn.  But we know they'll try again.

Carolyn Marie

• Root Admin
3 minutes ago, Carolyn Marie said:

Nope, you are a member in good standing, hon.  As to your ISP, you'll need to contact them if the problem persists.  This site has been the subject of recent DoS attacks, but we've defeated them at every turn.  But we know they'll try again.

Carolyn Marie

I removed the IP block on this IP as it was likely a false positive. I will keep watching the ISP however.

I, unfortunately, am stuck with one of the worst ISPs in the country which means I’m probably never going to see this resolved. I’ve had similar problems before and have never gotten any response. Since I can’t continue to use my phone data I’ll probably end up leaving the forum. This has been a lifeline for me - I’m tearing up just typing this. 

Keep me in your prayers. I love you all - hopefully I’ll get back on at some point.

5 minutes ago, Piper said:

I removed the IP block on this IP as it was likely a false positive. I will keep watching the ISP however.

Oh my gosh!!!! Thank you!!!! I was able to log in!!!! I thought I’d lost contact with you all!!!

• Root Admin
2 minutes ago, April Marie said:

I, unfortunately, am stuck with one of the worst ISPs in the country which means I’m probably never going to see this resolved. I’ve had similar problems before and have never gotten any response. Since I can’t continue to use my phone data I’ll probably end up leaving the forum. This has been a lifeline for me - I’m tearing up just typing this. 

Keep me in your prayers. I love you all - hopefully I’ll get back on at some point.

I'm sorry you got nabbed in the net I had to throw to keep the server alive, but it has been a struggle recently as the bad actors have been very consistent in their attempts to render the site unusable and the goal is to keep the site alive for everyone. 

-HuGs-

-Kirstyn/Piper

1 minute ago, Piper said:

I'm sorry you got nabbed in the net I had to throw to keep the server alive, but it has been a struggle recently as the bad actors have been very consistent in their attempts to render the site unusable and the goal is to keep the site alive for everyone. 

-HuGs-

-Kirstyn/Piper

I understand completely. You have to do what's needed to protect us all - way too many bad actors out there. Where we live the only other choice is to go to satellite internet - and Star Link doesn't yet cover us - and Hughes Net just doesn't to be a better option.

Thank you, again, for helping me. But, I know you have to do what's necessary for the good of the forum and all of us.

• Root Admin
27 minutes ago, April Marie said:

I understand completely. You have to do what's needed to protect us all - way too many bad actors out there. Where we live the only other choice is to go to satellite internet - and Star Link doesn't yet cover us - and Hughes Net just doesn't to be a better option.

Thank you, again, for helping me. But, I know you have to do what's necessary for the good of the forum and all of us.

Quick side note, you might have been accidentally blocked again for a microsecond, and if you hit the server at that moment, I'm sorry. I removed the blocks wholesale to try and implement a way to report false positives (which I'm still working on) and the server got slammed so I re-did the blocks and then removed you from it again.

Sorry about that!

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, April Marie said:

I had the same thoughts. It was a very sad experience since I couldn’t think of anything I might have said or posted. Was my computer hacked allowing someone else to post as me? I love everything about this site and don’t want to ever want to be taken out of context. 

I’m glad it was just a glitch in the system.

Hugs,

🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

3 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

I had the same thoughts. It was a very sad experience since I couldn’t think of anything I might have said or posted. Was my computer hacked allowing someone else to post as me? I love everything about this site and don’t want to ever want to be taken out of context. 

I’m glad it was just a glitch in the system.

Hugs,

🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Oh, I am so thankful - truly this place was lifesaving for me early on. Unfortunately, I'm still getting bounced from time to time - error messages and the server timing out - about 1/2 of the time I try to post or read something.

But, I'm still here and thankful to have you all as friends!!

• Root Admin
1 minute ago, April Marie said:

Oh, I am so thankful - truly this place was lifesaving for me early on. Unfortunately, I'm still getting bounced from time to time - error messages and the server timing out - about 1/2 of the time I try to post or read something.

But, I'm still here and thankful to have you all as friends!!

They tripled their attack today. I've been fighting it for the last 3 hours... Taking a break as the storm seems done for the moment...

-Kirstyn/Piper

• Forum Moderator
53 minutes ago, Piper said:

Taking a break as the storm seems done for the moment...

-Kirstyn/Piper

Thank you so much for be here working in the background. You and your team, as small as it may be, are life savers.

Hugs, for all that you do.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Wow, I thought I was lost again. The verification process seemed to work and then threw me back into the Forbidden category. Thank you again for keeping us safe....and keeping me connected to this wonderful community.

• Root Admin

Have patience, my friends. Hopefully, these setbacks are only temporary.  :)

• Root Admin
22 minutes ago, MaryEllen said:

Have patience, my friends. Hopefully, these setbacks are only temporary.  :)

We can but hope! Mind you, I’ve been unable to access the site myself all morning (my time) until just now.

1 minute ago, Petra Jane said:

We can but hope! Mind you, I’ve been unable to access the site myself all morning (my time) until just now.

I am so thankful for all their hard work - and sad that the haters of the world make it necessary.

• Forum Moderator

I am very thankful to the Admins for keeping us safe here.  Sometimes I lose access.  Sometimes it's the bad guys taking down the server, and sometimes it's the Admins blocking the bad guys and I get caught up in the blocks.  But it's all good when I can log in in the morning. 

I know what it is like to try to keep a server up in the face of relentless attacks, so I am very appreciative of the job the Admins do keeping it running and keeping the bad guys out.

• Forum Moderator

I got a big smile when you were all here this morning.  That alone is one of the best presents an old gal could get on her birthday.

Thank you

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin

WHEW!  Nice to be back.  That was a bad 'un, for sure.  Thanks, Piper and PJ!!

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Charlize said:

I got a big smile when you were all here this morning.  That alone is one of the best presents an old gal could get on her birthday.

Thank you

49 minutes ago, Carolyn Marie said:

WHEW!  Nice to be back.  That was a bad 'un, for sure.  Thanks, Piper and PJ!!

Happy Birthday Charlize, you and Carolyn echo everyone’s thoughts and thanks for the Technical Support Team that keeps Transgender Pulse Forums active. I recognize daily the fulfillment I receive from this network of friends. Of all the social media platforms I’m on. This one is the most important to me. 

Thank you everyone,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Whew, I was having the same problem much of the weekend: Forbidden, etc. Thanks to all for keeping this site up. It has been a lifeline for me of late as I sort through stuff...

And glad that we don't have to lose @April Marie because she usually posts such uplifting content... 😁

Yeah, thanks for all your work.   I was having roubles too.  I don't know what I'd do without all of you here.

Totally agree with all the lovely comments above.

Thank you to the Admin teams for fighting back and restoring service. xx

p.s. I just checked over on Susans site which I once used to go to and it looks as if that has been hit. 

So this seems to have been a concerted attack on transgender sites. The state of things right now :sad: