• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Texas Bans Transition-Related Health Care for Trans Youth

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2023/06/02/ban-on-transgender-medical-treatments-for-youth-signed-into-law-by-texas-gov-greg-abbott/

I'm surprised it took them this long, but not the least surprised they did it.  There are a lot of great trans activists and support organizations in Texas who will quickly take action.  There are also a lot of conservative judges who won't be on their side.

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I just joined a site for exchanging information on temporary or permanent "gender refugees" from states like saxeT (my spelling is significant to expressing my feelings). It is an item on the agenda of my LGBTQ Center for this month's board meeting as well.  My immediate neighborhood, while safe and accepting is also too dad-gummed expensive for those on forced relocation budgets. If someone can point me to 8 too many dollars it would be a beginning.

I had considered NC to be relatively safe until one of our Democrat representatives decided to betray her constituents and defect to the GOP giving them a super majority.

Yes there are some bitter feelings.

I'm not really in a position where I can leave, myself.  I reckon I'll get by somehow.  But at this point I'm more concerned about the kids and younger adults.