• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Garth Brooks to serve Bud Light at his Nashville Bar

Mmindy

• Forum Moderator

Fox2Now Reports:

“Garth Brooks outright saying transphobia won’t be tolerated at the bar he’s opening in Nashville is not one bit surprising. He’s been an ally to LGBTQ folks since the early ’90s. We know Garth has got our backs,”

https://fox2now.com/news/national/garth-brooks-speaks-about-decision-to-sell-bud-light-at-his-nashville-bar/?fbclid=IwAR2w_j83VYGrxhdV9MpLMMcDX-EtV3lZjomlni9YVYCYpmiPsOr_nYr8R3g

• Admin

I've been reading about this and am greatly impressed.  He's at a point in his career where he can afford not to give a rat's behind what other people think, enough money that a few less ticket buyers won't matter, and he doesn't have to cater to the haters.  Very nice man.

Carolyn Marie

YEAH for Garth Brooks!!  (I've never been much of a light beer fan though) 🍺  Prefer a good full strength draft lager.

I found this article today ... about Target employee harassment during Pride Month.  Very disconcerting. 
https://www.thecut.com/2023/06/target-employees-harassment-transphobia.html

You're welcome to share if you like @Mmindy or @Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Go Garth!  A good guy!  

Pity there is so much harassment but i can remember when itv would have been jail instead of verbal abuse.  Since the first bricks at Stonewall we have come a long way. 

Hugs,

Charlize

Garth Brooks has been accepting and non-partisan for a long time.  He's sung for both Republican and Democrat presidents.  I think he does a good job of sticking with music and staying out of politics.  Hopefully the consistency of his choice at the bar won't get painted as "woke" when he's just trying to stay neutral and friendly to all.