• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Article: A Fortune 500 Company Is Doing Right By Its Trans Employees

Carolyn Marie

Well, that's good news.  I've used TurboTax for my entire taxpaying life, so I think I'll keep doing it.

It is nice to see a company that is willing to help employees.  It would be nicer still if companies would help ALL employees in this way.  More time off, more flexibility for medical and family needs.  These things should be built into the American work environment, and in general they simply aren't.  Out-of-state medical appointments are nearly impossible for so many people, and thus the trans care bans and abortion bans are pretty rough. 

Thankfully for my family, when Roe was repealed, my husband's company added in some specific time-off benefits for out-of-state medical care and appointments.  And not just for the employee's own care, but for employees who have to go with a family member.  Hopefully other companies start doing the same.