• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

This Is What Transgender Eradication Looks Like

Ivy

• Admin

It can certainly be depressing reading things like this.  When all the negatives are compiled it paints a bleak picture.  But amid all the bad news there is still good things happening, and I, for one, believe that the majority of Americans do not want us to be "eradicated."  We must keep fighting, searching for allies, and present ourselves to the world as ordinary people trying our best to lead good, moral, ethical lives.  We are part of every community in America, and people need to know us, so they don't fall for the "otherism" that the political right wants to pain us with.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Unfortunately there's bound to be pushback.  I doubt that entails or leads to eradication.  Too many of us exist and always have.  The best the right wing can hope for is that we go back in the closet or disappear into a stealth existence.  It has always been a difficult path in our society but it is certainly better now than it has ever been despite the hateful legislation we see now.

Hugs,

Charlize

4 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

It can certainly be depressing reading things like this.  When all the negatives are compiled it paints a bleak picture.  But amid all the bad news there is still good things happening, and I, for one, believe that the majority of Americans do not want us to be "eradicated."  We must keep fighting, searching for allies, and present ourselves to the world as ordinary people trying our best to lead good, moral, ethical lives.  We are part of every community in America, and people need to know us, so they don't fall for the "otherism" that the political right wants to pain us with.

Carolyn Marie

Thank you @Carolyn MarieI know all this hatred for trans folks sucks, but when I was younger any mention, any info about trans folks would have been very welcome and helpful to me. Nowadays there’s lots of info in websites, forums, hospitals, LGBTQI+ centers, Wikipedia, comic books, schools, etc. Things ARE better than they were—in the long run. I believe it's true.

Btw—Maryland district court rules Christian and Muslim parents cannot opt their children out of LGBTQ+ curriculum. 

• Admin

We do have good things happening and those are going through like a train with its brakes off.  I have a Cis woman / lesbian friend whom I have met in person a few years ago who is going to be part of a political campaign for Delaware State Senator Sarah McBride to run for U.S. Congressional Representative of that state.  Sarah was one of the first two Trans White House Interns during Obama's Administration. (she married the other one, who unfortunately died of cancer shortly after the wedding took place).  I had met Sarah myself at the Southern Comfort Transgender Conference where Sarah had been a featured speaker and know her to be one of our highest caliber of potential legislators so I shared that with my other friend for some name dropping since all three of us also have a mutual friend who made positive results for LGBTQ people in field of religion.  All three other elected Trans people whom I know are doing well in their positions.  I barely missed the chance to meet Zooey Zephyr last June and assume she is still doing what her state will let her.  She tried to make people think, and Montana beef cattle do not do that well.

Its a mixed bag.  For me, I guess I can't really feel 100% comfortable anywhere.  Looking at the map in the article, just about everywhere I'd want to live has some anti-trans legal stuff going on, except maybe Wyoming and Kansas.  Just about everywhere that doesn't have anti-trans stuff seems to have worse issues.  It is a "pick your poison" kind of choice for those like me. 

My new friend is a rare creature - a transgender Trump supporter....hat and all.  My other trans friend votes Democrat, and I'm kind of in the middle in my own category.  But the three of us agree, it is going to be difficult to be trans and out in a red state.  Its also going to be difficult to be trans and not Democrat in a blue state.  It seems like no matter where one goes, conformity is demanded.  Like the Japanese saying, "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down."  The problem in our world is that we have too many hammers out looking for a nail. 

1 hour ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

The problem in our world is that we have too many hammers out looking for a nail. 

It does seem that way.

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 152 Guests (See full list)

• MaybeRob
    • Pip