• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I ordered a new flag

Stacy S.

I saw this trans-USSR flag in photos taken of alternative Pride in Dublin, Ireland, by the Irish Communist Party.

I asked if they had those cool flags anywhere, but they did not, so I had one custom made for me. 

I attented three Pride events this summer and they all went along, we are good, you are good, trans lives matter, all people are valid. That is cool, but I think it all misses the economical point of view, the fact that people are laid-off at whim. So, my flag addresses social issues. 

Besides, Finland has a far-right government and they are trying to ban sickle and hammer. 

transcom.jpg

From what I understand, Finland was invaded by the USSR at the start of WW2, so perhaps that flag might not be the best choice? 

Also, given that the USSR was responsible for more political killings than just about any other regime in history except maybe that of Chairman Mao which was approximately equivalent... I suspect that linking trans folks to such massive human rights violations could be considered in poor taste.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_the_Soviet_Union

Finland was invaded by the USSR at the start of WW2, so perhaps that flag might not be the best choice? 

That is a topic on its own right. The flag is for Pride and Pride is not nationalist and should not be nationalist. Of course, there are always conservative gays and perhaps even lesbians that are nationalist. The fact is that Finland as an independent country started with murder of gender diverse individuals. 

What comes to World War II, Finland leaked terrorists to Soviet Union all the time. 

Also, given that the USSR was responsible for more political killings than just about any other regime in history

Except, like, the United States, unhealthy politics Germany and pretty much all countries. India. 

As I said, Finland leaked terrorists to the USSR. Then there were white guards, that were murderous as well. 

I am not trying to defend that people were killed in the USSR. One of my distant relatives was caught doing shady, criminal deals and was killed. Going full Gandhi was never on the table. Finland had its own red guards and they were much nicer with the white guards. White Guards not only were able to beat them with considerable help from Imperial Germany, but also put them to concentration camps. This was also when a significant amount of gender diverse people was killed. Of course, Lenin was watching right across the border. He made his own conclusions - if you are nice with white guards, they will put you to a concentration camp.