• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Finally pulling the pin

LaurenA

I'm 73yo and have been on HRT for several years.  I've always been putting off any decision to progress further.  A few weeks back at lunch with a member from here I was confroned with the question of why I'm putting things off.  I couldn't come up with a logical reason.  That started me on thinking about that.  I have all the resources I need, with the exception of a local support network.  I'm afraid these forums are my only support.  To cut things short, I called a surgeon I knew that did FFS and made an appointment.  The result is that I have an appointment for FFS Oct 14th.  Depending on how the results and recovery are from that I'll make a decision about what other steps I can take.  It's somewhat scary to go though the without someone near to me.  Especially if it includes foreign travel.

I don't know why I wrote this other than a means to expressing my felling at  the moment.

Thanks for listening reading.

That's a great idea but my local LGBT venue is very light on support of elder trans people.  Because of that I've been led to use private nurses.  It's also one of my major worries about having GRS outside of the country.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator
55 minutes ago, LaurenA said:

Day 2 after FFS surgery

Rest when you can, and follow your post op care team advice.

I hope you have a smooth recovery.

Gentle Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋