• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi I'm Cindy

Cindy Lee

In a web search I ran across this site. It seemed to be a really safe place for me. So I just joined the forum.

I am retired and have been for approximately 10 years. Historically I have considered my self as Bi but kept it quiet. However more recently I have come to consider myself as a transgender woman. I am obese and I have been wearing feminine clothing for more than two years now mostly tops and jogging pants and slacks. These could be considered feminine or male from the looks especially since I am heavy. However most recently I have begun to were a-line skirts all the time except when visiting my S.O. who would not understand and happens to be in a nursing home. Also I have finally found a bra the fits!

This past year I have adopted a feminine hairdo. The back of my hair has always be wavy/curly, so I have gotten a perm and also bangs! This past August I started GAHT thru Planned Parenthood under their informed consent program. I am looking forward to my transition.

Cindy

Hi Cindy Lee I'm glad you found the forum. My hair is only four inches long so it's only starting. I know mine is wavy and curly too. I'm hoping that it'll straighten out later as it grows. I love wearing dresses and currently own 18 pairs of shoes with 94 dresses and that isn't all of my clothes. 

I understand about the hair. Years ago I had a mullet and it went down my back. At that length it was straight. But not now ha, ha. I would love to wear a dress and have seen some that I love, but I'm not quite ready for that. Not yet out 100%.

17 minutes ago, Cindy Lee said:

I understand about the hair. Years ago I had a mullet and it went down my back. At that length it was straight. But not now ha, ha. I would love to wear a dress and have seen some that I love, but I'm not quite ready for that. Not yet out 100%.

Nothing wrong with that. It took a while for me to come out to public too. All documents have been swapped to Ashley except Birth Certificate and that will be changed too. 

Welcome to the forum, Cindy! You'll find quite a few of us who began this journey very late in life...for many different reasons. Trans Pulse is filled with lots of information and wonderful people. Jump in where you are comfortable and congratulations on beginning to live your true self!!

Hi @Cindy Lee and Welcome!  (Cindy was one of the first names I chose for myself but later changed it to Kay)
As you can probably already tell, you have landed in a great place.  We are all in different phases (and ages) of our different Journeys, but you will be able to learn from others, and also provide your own experience and encouragement to others. 

This Forum (and starting Gender Therapy) have played a huge role in my own Self-Acceptance and being able to make progress (slow at times, but still progress).  I am sure you will have a similar experience and benefit from being here.

Welcome again!  Deep breaths ... one step at a time

• Forum Moderator

Hi Cindy,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here.

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf 🐾