• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Shaving legs and more

EasyE

Just curious if anyone out there shaves their legs and other places (arms, chest)? I started doing my legs about eight years ago and love having such smooth skin (I used to be a swimmer and cyclist in my younger days and ironically was too embarrassed to shave then).

I have been shaving the chest area as well and frankly would prefer everything below my neck to be smooth as silk (can't reach everywhere on my back and that aggravates me!!). Of course this is all really weird to people around me. Of course I also like to wear women's clothes so I guess I am 10-for-10 in the weird department.

Anyways, curious if shaving comes along with cross-dressing for other folks... (and ironically I HATE shaving my face and so I'll be more lazy with that in a pinch than shaving everywhere else, lol...)

Peace,

E

I do and I just got done with IPL on my lower legs. If I could snap my fingers and lose all my body hair, I'd do it in a second. 😜

I would say shaving and dressing fem go together, given the societal imprint we have on gender presentations. If dressing fem, I could see it as natural to want to display other feminine "norms" like hairless arms/chest/legs. That's not to say there's only one way to go, people should present themselves how they want in ways that make them feel right and good.

I used to shave my face maybe three times a week, now it is every morning. I never used to shave my underarms, now I do so weekly. I also buzz my eyebrows every week nowadays with a #3 comb. I respect my wife's wishes to not shave my chest; she demands the comfort of knowing that her husband is still the man who she married in at least one physical sense....but I do regularly remove the tuft of chest hair that appears over the gore of my bra when I'm wearing one.

I've never shaved my legs but I reckon if I did, my skin would look like that on chicken drumsticks! I'm envious of those who do, particularly younger men who, for them, it is normal, even though they are 100% cis and straight. It's just never been a habit I got into. 

I did shave the back of some of my fingers last week and I must do a proper job one day including the back of my hands and see if my wife notices.

Offsetting all this though is the growth of my hair. I am extremely grateful for having a full head of it. I've been letting it go for about 18 months now, with a very light trim every three months. People are always going to look at that before my legs!

Hmm, my legs, underarms, etc.. Don't have any hair. 

My chest has a small tuff of hair in the cleavage that I shave off.

My face does grow whiskers, but electrolysis is slowing that growth. 

• Forum Moderator

I was blessed with being a "DES son", so my body hair was partly feminized before I started my transition.  I had some leg hair, but not a lot, and some chest hair, but not a lot.  I did shave my legs once or twice early in my transition, but then the HRT kicked in and the hair faded away on its own. 

I have no chest hair at all anymore.  I still have a bit on my legs, but not enough to be worth shaving.  Certainly no more than any other woman who doesn't shave.  I have some peach fuzz on my arms that is mostly too light to be worth bothering with.  If I notice a strand or two getting long, I'll shave if off but mostly I don't.

My face of course is a different story.  I did electrolysis for more than four years.  That killed most of my facial hair, but there are some stubborn hairs that seem to be undead.  Fortunately, they are mostly white and not very visible, but I shave every day to get rid of them.  I like my face to feel smooth.

And then there is the top of my head.  It's pretty thin.  HRT has at least slowed down the rate of hair loss, but what's gone is gone forever.  You win some; you lose some.

Even in my girl form, I never bothered with shaving anything.  My body hair always grew very thin and fine.  I know that US culture expects women to shave nearly everything, but even as a teenager I just didn't care.  My sister is the same way.  I guess it was good preparation for living in my boy form now.  😏

Two of my friends are MtF trans, but it seems like HRT has done most of the work for them on hair growth.  Neither of them has facial hair issues, and both of them use wax for legs and other areas.  Which seems like a lot of painful work to me.... 

Thanks for the feedback ... I didn't realize how much of a big deal this has been for me ... even before i began exploring more feminine dress, I felt compelled to shave a lot of areas... 

My wife and I are separated - all of this was the last straw in the midst of a lot of other crap - but man I don't know if I can go back to being hairy guy ... I just hate it...not sure what women see in a man with hairy legs and chest, blah...

@EasyE Except for my head and face, growing hair was the one thing I could do well to assert my, "manliness" the first time I shaved off my chest, arms and legs it took me 2 hours and I think 4 changes of blades - but the feeling of freedom afterwards was breath taking. It was one of my first big lightbulb moments as up until then I had assumed I was fairly ok being socially read as masculine... turns out not so much lol.  Still takes a while but over time HRT is making it easier and easier.

I shave all over once a week - my wife graciously does my back and I do the rest. I shave my chest 2 to 3 times a week. Face daily, sometimes twice daily. I also use an IPL weekly and that knocks growth down a lot...but at my age much of my hair is gray and not affected by the IPL.

I just love the smooth feel of being clean shaven.

19 hours ago, DeeDee said:

@EasyE Except for my head and face, growing hair was the one thing I could do well to assert my, "manliness" the first time I shaved off my chest, arms and legs it took me 2 hours and I think 4 changes of blades - but the feeling of freedom afterwards was breath taking. It was one of my first big lightbulb moments as up until then I had assumed I was fairly ok being socially read as masculine... turns out not so much lol.  Still takes a while but over time HRT is making it easier and easier.

I can totally relate to the "first time" thing ... Alas, I inherited some sasquatch-like hairiness... I went through quite a few blades to get things knocked down the first time ... I finally bought a long back-shaver but it still doesn't quite reach everything ... I have been using IPL for about a year ... that works pretty well but it never seems to knock everything out. Slows stuff down though... 

I want to shave my arms but for some reason I have been holding back. That is the only thing I don't shave regularly. I think my wife has freaked out enough over the rest. Never expected to be on this path but I am here... 

1 hour ago, EasyE said:

I want to shave my arms but for some reason I have been holding back. That is the only thing I don't shave regularly. I think my wife has freaked out enough over the rest. Never expected to be on this path but I am here...

I have pretty fine and light colored hair on my arms, which might be why no one's noticed when I shaved it off last week (for the first time). 😜