• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

:(

EVAN_DESU

Five more days to go before we can get food.

And I'm hungry.

Theres barely any food left, we have to eat it with our hands for now.

We have run out of plastic forks and spoons......

I am eating two or three times a day... (I stay up 17 hours a day, maybe,, So I'm up most of the day. 0___0)

But now I will have to minimize it to one and a half...

It sucks. DX

We have no water, no food for my cat, spoons or forks, barely anything.

And I am going to have to deal with this every month...

Probably...

So now our plan is to try and find things that don't use spoons or forks...

Like toast...

I don't want to take a shower every day, because I use up the shampoo and conditioner a lot, but I hate feeling dirty...

Plus it's so hot and in my room it's a couple degrees hotter than the other rooms in the house....

I don't know what to do anymore.

I am going insane...I have people to talk to...But none in person, like I've said before.

I don't want to see people until things get a little better...

I just want to be happy...

Guest Javey
Five more days to go before we can get food.

And I'm hungry.

Theres barely any food left, we have to eat it with our hands for now.

We have run out of plastic forks and spoons......

I am eating two or three times a day... (I stay up 17 hours a day, maybe,, So I'm up most of the day. 0___0)

But now I will have to minimize it to one and a half...

It sucks. DX

We have no water, no food for my cat, spoons or forks, barely anything.

And I am going to have to deal with this every month...

Probably...

So now our plan is to try and find things that don't use spoons or forks...

Like toast...

I don't want to take a shower every day, because I use up the shampoo and conditioner a lot, but I hate feeling dirty...

Plus it's so hot and in my room it's a couple degrees hotter than the other rooms in the house....

I don't know what to do anymore.

I am going insane...I have people to talk to...But none in person, like I've said before.

I don't want to see people until things get a little better...

I just want to be happy...

Oh gosh, been there. My mom and sister and I spent a few months homeless then finally ended up in these (TRASH) apartments. While we were there, we lost electricity and water and all that stuff all the time, we had hardly any money for food, plus 5 cats to feed, it sucked. REALLY sucked.

It can be hard sometimes, but the best thing to do is to just hang in there and try to think positively.

I hope things get better for you. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Guest Elizabeth K

Sorry you are having a hard time. I was the guilty one who delayed your post over the avatar - i just feel bad about that now... hope you forgive me.

Lizzy

I don't even have to imagine how you feel.

I have been there and I seem to be almost there again.

It takes a lot of inner strength to make it through these hard times but in the end you can emerge as a better person.

You will never look down on a homeless person again once you have been so close.

Just hold on, they say that things will get better and this time, I really hope they are right.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest bronx

I have diffently been there and it isn't any fun at all, butI can give you some suggetions that may help. infact some things that I did to get through the hard times with out felling ashamed and embarresed. I don't know how old you are but well I'll tell you anyway.

One thing I did that I was able to make a few dollars a day not a whole lot about 20-30bucks but it was enough to eat and by tolitries was I ent to the local supermarket talked to the mananger and asked if I could bag, bags for a few days a week for tips. He allowed me to and It wasn't that bad. I was doing something with my time and earning some honest cash.

Another thing I did was I also talked to alot of people in the area to see if they needed any side jobs done, such as cleaning and lawn work. I also found a store that paid me seven dollars an hour for 3 hours a day to hand out fliers to people.

I did these things while I looked for a job and it helped out alot just alot of work and imagination involved. I also didn't feel so bad aboput the situation I was in because I was doing something and meeting people wich helped with finding things to do to earn a few dollars. I hope it helps a little and trust me i was homeless for 6 mos in NY b4 I was able to find a place and get on my feet. Also keep your head held high and know not all situations are forever. It can be hard at times but you and your family will be okay.

Oh, I alsio worked as a dishwasher for a while to earn food and money.

Angel

Guest Leigh

no spoons or forks???

dude. you can wash and reuse plastic ones...might save on the general budget too...

but other than that. i will come buy you a cheese burger (despite my moral objections to burgers) if you are that badly in need of food...

dang...too bad i don't have a car...

ok. i just want to give you a few budget ideas...even though you really shouldn't have to think about this.

1) bottled water is a waste of money. if you want it cold, keep a pitcher in the fridge. if you don't like the taste of tap, buy a britta filter. it's cheaper than all that bottled water.

2) buy ramen. it's one of the cheapest foods out there. you can spice it up with...well, spices, and veggies (to make it healthier)

3) buy beans. they are THE cheapest food out there. you can get dried, or canned. curry them. make tacos, etc...

4) if you're out of silverware, maybe your parents should just get a metal set instead of buying plastic? (reuse man)

5) showers are not necessary every day. is there a local pool nearby?

and if heat is a problem and you don't have AC/ can't afford to turn it on, box fans work well, just be sure to have them pulling air in from the side of the house that's facing away from the sun...

just a few tips from my life experience, i hope that you find even one of them useful.

hang in there brother. we are all here for you.

peace&love

leigh

Guest Neuro

Hope things get better for you, Evan >_< it really sucks when money's so tight.

Bronx's advice seems good, doing simple jobs like yardwork or something can be done at any age and can get at least 15-30 bucks for lunch or something.

We were close to reaching the point of no food, until this morning when dad's check came--phew. Maybe you'll get lucky, and money'll come early!

--Michael

Thanks you guys.

Things are better now, we have more cereal, spoons and forks...

and bread.

So we are alright.

I would take that advice now, but pardon me for being vain, I don't exactly feel good (honestly I would go back to bed if my legs and arms and everything didn't ache from laying so much)....

Which now brings me to the point of wondering how I'm going to get....

feminine products DX yuckk.

..I'll find a way.

and

@Leigh LOL, my dad just asked me if I wanted a cheeseburger...He said he had enough money for that...

XD

Guest Frank67

Hm I don't know something about your sozial system, but Bronx and Leigh gave you some really good tips, but I am really not sure about the beans *phew*

But maybe I can help you a bit with the heat in your room.

Hang up some wet bedsheets or towels inside your room in front of your windows. You should use light colors there and it would be good if it covers the whole size of the window (bigger is better) and it should be as near as possible to the window or the windows frame. They can act like a additional barrier (the warm air keeps between the window and the sheets). Something with a lighter color is better, they keep cooler if the sun shines on them. Remember a white car roof in the sun is not as hot as a black one. You can use dark ones too, but then you have to pay extra money for the electricity to see something.

Also try to hung up some in your room or spread them out on the ground. When they dry the water evaporates and cools the room. Try to use a fan to spread the air in your room.

I have to do this in the summer time, too and it really helps, but don't forget to keep them wet or moist. I can cool my rooms from 28°C (82.4°F) down to 22°C (71.6°F), not too bad.

Hugs

Frank

Frank just told you hhow desert dwellers cool themselves - damp, white, loose fitting clothing - it is called evaporative cooling and was the principle behind the earliest attempts at air-conditioning.

Love ya,

Sally

Hm I don't know something about your sozial system, but Bronx and Leigh gave you some really good tips, but I am really not sure about the beans *phew*

But maybe I can help you a bit with the heat in your room.

Hang up some wet bedsheets or towels inside your room in front of your windows. You should use light colors there and it would be good if it covers the whole size of the window (bigger is better) and it should be as near as possible to the window or the windows frame. They can act like a additional barrier (the warm air keeps between the window and the sheets). Something with a lighter color is better, they keep cooler if the sun shines on them. Remember a white car roof in the sun is not as hot as a black one. You can use dark ones too, but then you have to pay extra money for the electricity to see something.

Also try to hung up some in your room or spread them out on the ground. When they dry the water evaporates and cools the room. Try to use a fan to spread the air in your room.

I have to do this in the summer time, too and it really helps, but don't forget to keep them wet or moist. I can cool my rooms from 28°C (82.4°F) down to 22°C (71.6°F), not too bad.

Hugs

Frank

Thanks, I might try that, but no fears today!

It's been raining for hours..

And it's down to 79 degrees now.