• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi there

bobbbbbi

Hi everyone, I'm Bobbi and my pronouns are they/them. I live in the UK (but would much rather be elsewhere...)

I enjoy birdwatching (although I'm quite bad at memorising!) I'm learning Spanish and I also like rock climbing/bouldering in my spare time.

I use 'non-binary' to describe my gender. I'm currently trying to find ways to combine my masc and femme-ness in a way that feels good.

Welcome to TGP bobbbbbi! You'll find lots of ideas and support here. Feel free to jump in where you feel comfortable and ask questions as you desire. Many of us are working to find our way to happiness and contentment.

Spanish is a lovely language, I always said if I ever learned a second  language, I'd want it to be Spanish or Italian.

How are you going with it?. All I know is hola. lol

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, bobbbbbi said:

I enjoy birdwatching (although I'm quite bad at memorising!) I'm learning Spanish and I also like rock climbing/bouldering in my spare time.

Good evening @bobbbbbi

I've been an avid bird watcher since my teen years. Don't worry about memorizing them in the beginning. Get a bird book that has a check list and identification picture with tel-tail indicators to look for. Here in the USA we have Peterson Field Guides that are divide the North America into sections for the birds in your region. I'm sure there are similar book in the UK. Unlike you I haven't taken up a second language. I really respect people who can speak multiple languages. I worked with one of my vendors to build a particular training prop for my company. This vendor is owned and operated by an immigrant from Mexico and his family all speak English as a second language. I asked the owner since he's the oldest of the family, if he dreams or thinks in Spanish then translates it to English? He admitted that is dreams are in Spanish. His thoughts are also in Spanish, and he has to think about how to phrase is English in the correct order.  

16 hours ago, atlantis63 said:

Spanish is a lovely language, I always said if I ever learned a second  language, I'd want it to be Spanish or Italian.

How are you going with it?. All I know is hola. lol

Bien, graçias 🙂 I did some Spanish back in high school, so that has helped. I think it would probably be better if I were to chat more to Spanish speakers, though!

12 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Good evening @bobbbbbi

I've been an avid bird watcher since my teen years. Don't worry about memorizing them in the beginning. Get a bird book that has a check list and identification picture with tel-tail indicators to look for. Here in the USA we have Peterson Field Guides that are divide the North America into sections for the birds in your region. I'm sure there are similar book in the UK. Unlike you I haven't taken up a second language. I really respect people who can speak multiple languages. I worked with one of my vendors to build a particular training prop for my company. This vendor is owned and operated by an immigrant from Mexico and his family all speak English as a second language. I asked the owner since he's the oldest of the family, if he dreams or thinks in Spanish then translates it to English? He admitted that is dreams are in Spanish. His thoughts are also in Spanish, and he has to think about how to phrase is English in the correct order.  

Thanks so much for the birding advice. One thing I've also been trying is a sound identification app, to learn how to identify calls. Particularly helpful if I'm just out and about and don't have my binoculars! Do you have a favourite place to go birdwatching?

Some of the youngest members of my family are bilingual, so they dream in both Spanish and English!

12 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

Good afternoon @bobbbbbi I'm glad you found us. How much Spanish have you learned so far?

Hello hello! So far I'm able to understand what people are saying but I'm not able to respond 😅

Do you speak any other languages? Or would you like to?

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Bobbi.

I enjoy watching the birds around the farm.  Since our farm is half wooded and sits next to one of the few extensive woodlots in NJ we have a great many types of birds passing through or nesting here.  My favorite is the bluebird.  I've built many houses for them and enjoy the vibrant blue flash!

As to spanish....non hablo?  Mais je parle un peu le français.  Fortunately this site is conducted in english.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Hi Bobbi,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here.

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf 🐾

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, bobbbbbi said:

Do you have a favourite place to go birdwatching?

My favorite place to bird watch is my living room. I keep bird feeders full from Fall through Spring. I don’t feed them in the Summer, because they have plenty of natural food and don’t need the nutrients to stay warm then.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

IMG_0330.jpeg

IMG_0402.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Welcome @bobbbbbi, It’s nice to have you on our forum. It may become a good support and/or resource for you in time. So if you have any questions or just want some good advice from others with similar experiences and/or back stories, feel free to start a thread.

We’re a very accepting group who enjoy helping others in our community. There are more than few here that identify as Non-Binary and may be able to answer any questions, share their story or assist you in some other way. This is also a great forum to meet people and to find friends with similar interests.

Thanks for sharing a little about yourself. I hope to see you around.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R🌷