• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Bottom padding?

Andrea D

I do think I have nice legs and a nicely shaped bottom, it is however not in proportion to my upper body.

And there are situations where I'd like a better balance.  For example when I'm wearing my favorite leggings or sweater dress.

This must be a common shaping challenge?

I've found many many options for padding and I could spend tonnes of time and money exploring all the options.

So I'm looking for your recommendations.

What's worked for you?

What should I avoid?

Should I be thinking about hip padding? backside padding? both?

What's comfortable to wear? and what's not?

Thanks!

Hi Andrea,

I have worn padding down below most of my life.  I wear hip and butt pads and they help give me a feminine hour-glass shape.  I have always made my own pads using high density foam rubber.  I shape the foam using an electric knife.  I have always had great luck making my own.  I actually have two different sets of hip pads.  One set I wear under dresses and skirts but I have a special, lower profile set I wear with jeans and pants. 

I wear the padding underneath a high waist, medium-firm panty which creates a smooth silhouette.  

Obviously, there are limitations to wearing padding but underneath most of my skirts and slacks, they work really well and unless it is ridiculously warm, the pads aren't uncomfortable.  

On 11/7/2023 at 4:46 PM, Sally Stone said:

...I have always made my own pads using high density foam rubber.

Oooh that sounds like a fun project!

Thank you Sally,

Have you found a pattern or size guidelines?

What about thickness of the foam?

23 hours ago, Andrea D said:

Have you found a pattern or size guidelines?

What about thickness of the foam?

Andrea,

I made my own patterns by measuring my hip area and my bottom area.  The hip pads pattern I made were almond shaped, with the pointier end pointing downwards.  The butt pad pattern sort of matches each butt cheek.  I start with a large piece of 3-inch thick, high-density foam.  I cut the shapes out, and then contour each of the shapes until I get the desired effect.  I wear them under a fairly firm panty, so I make them a little thicker than the desired result because the panty will compress the foam.  

Initially, it was a bit of trial and error to get the result I was looking for but overall, it was quite easy to do.  

The hip pads I wear under jeans or a very tight fitting dress are harder to make because the edges have to be very thin to make them invisible.  I use the same butt pads for both tight fitting and regular clothing.  Overall, the hip pads are not too difficult, they just require more precision.

I suppose you could copy the shape of commercially available pads and then just adjust the size until they fit your body.

Have fun.