• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Therapy Appointment With My Mom

Guest Anthelia

Guest Anthelia

Today proved to be one of the best days I have had in a long time. I started this fantastic day by going to see my therapist with my Mom. I had asked my therapist what she thought of my Mom being there and she said it was a wonderful idea. After pitching the idea to my Mom she said that she would love to come. It was a great time at my appointment, but what made my day really great was the long conversations me and my Mom had afterwords. Which I found out that her only concern is the transition phase, as far as the future goes she can picture a holiday when her daughter comes home to visit. Where it really would not be any different from now except that instead of Allen there would be Lauren. I would still be in the kitchen helping to make a wonderful feast while my step-dad watches us. If I have a significant other at that time he/she would either be watching us with my step-dad or in the kitchen helping. I am very happy that in this process my mom is being as supportive as she is. That said she knows what I am going through in a way, more in a matter of being who we are not what people think we should be. But not in the exact way that I am going through this. I also decided upon a time table that I would like to follow which would provide me with ample time to prepare for everything and the consequences of this.

For the rest of the year I will work primarily on my voice and basic attitude. I did get a nice comment out of my mom though, apparantly my walk has become more confident then I used to be with a leaning towards feminine. At the end of the year my hair should be shoulder length which I will then go to my hairstylist and get a very androgynous style that can be done into a very feminine look possibly go back to a blonde as well. For the next two to three months work on passing publically and in March see about starting hormones which would coincide with what my Mom wanted me to wait on before anything too noticeable changes with me. By that time I should have a good savings set aside in case something happens. What I would like to do is for the start of next school year continue my education out of state and go there as Lauren. That would allow me the opportunity to transition away from the people that know me, which could be good or bad. Though I do really want to leave Texas, not a big fan of the state or at least not Dallas anyways. Hopefully after I graduate I can travel the world exploring the major world cuisines to gain some experience for when I decide to start my own restaurant.

Some other good news is that I start my new school July 13th, very excited about this. Another reason I am waiting till December/March for anything major is to devote my full time and attention to school and work for the first few quarters to make sure I can handle everything fine.

Sure is amazing when I have days this good, and I really can not remember the last time I had one this nice.

--Lauren

Guest Joe Cool

I am so happy for you, Lauren!

That is great that yor mom is so supportive and understanding! Good luck with school! Keep us updated and enjoy the good days!

Joe

Guest Donna Jean

WOW!

Lauren, Honey.....

Did that ever go good!

How wonderful! So many here will be absolutely jealous of you for having that kind of support!

And a VERY well thought out and logical timetable for all of this to happen! My goodness...

You have really done your home work and have a great game plan!

And with your mom square behind you, how fortunate you are!

Seriously...Very nice, indeed!

****BIGG HUGG****

Donna Jean

Hey Lauren,

I am so glad that your mother went with you, did she like your therapist?

I think that all that you have planned is very workable and well thought out.

Congratulations on a very good day.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Anthelia

Thanks all for the replies, some of the people that I tell about in person regarding my moms support are also jealous of me. I believe my mom likes my therapist. Sorry Lizzy, I do not think my mom is looking for any adoptions. Now I need to decide on which state to look into moving to. My main criteria are a school campus there and a cuisine unique to the area. I am currently thinking of one of the coasts.

--Lauren