• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ohio Republicans Lament On "Trans Suffering" As They Cast Votes To Cause More Of It

Ivy

https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/ohio-republicans-lament-on-trans?utm_source=substack&publication_id=994764&post_id=139781735&utm_medium=email&utm_content=share&utm_campaign=email-share&triggerShare=true&isFreemail=true&r=k5hac

Crocodile tears.

"During the debate on the bill, Republicans stood up and lamented the suffering of transgender people, purportedly expressing sadness about the fear and pain they feel. In a glaring contradiction with their words, they proceeded to cast the votes that cause the suffering they professed to care about."

"During the bill hearings, over 500 pieces of testimony were submitted against the bill, mostly from people in the state, expressing the tremendous pain being barred from care and participation would bring them. Despite outnumbering the mostly out-of-state opponents 10:1, the legislature passed the bill anyway."

These people don't give two sh--s about us.

What hateful crap will they leverage next to maintain their fear-based power when they need to "rile their base" to get them to the polls?

10 hours ago, Ivy said:

Crocodile tears.

Politician tears.... which is something from a predator infinitely worse.  And for those who think the Democrats are any more well-meaning, I've got some fine oceanfront property at a great price for the right buyer. 

Beware the folks in fancy suits,

Their honey words and lies. 

They'll sign a simple piece of writ

And everybody dies. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ohio Governor Mike DeWine Vetoes Trans Ban, "It Is Parents Who Know Their Child Best"

https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/ohio-governor-mike-dewine-vetoes?utm_source=substack&publication_id=994764&post_id=140172078&utm_medium=email&utm_content=share&utm_campaign=email-share&triggerShare=true&isFreemail=true&r=k5hac

"He then reiterated the importance parents rights, “While the parents doctors inform those decisions, it is the parents who know their child best… Were Ohio to pass HB68, Ohio would be saying that the state knows what is better, what is medically best for the child, than the two people who love that child the most: the parents.”

When asked what was the biggest influence on his decision, he cited his conversation with parents as well as testimony from directors and doctors of Ohio’s Children’s Hospitals, which rank #1 in the United States.

He closed, “I cannot sign this bill as it is currently written. Just a few minutes ago, I vetoed this bill.”"

Guess we'll see if it is overturned.

• Admin

The belief of the politicians is that our suffering in based on NOT getting the Conversion Therapy that would cure our mental illness and that their efforts are designed to put us into a situation where we must resort to that type of thing or die.  Our suffering is due to our trying what they consider to be evil practices to make our mental illness a normal and accepted thing.  Ask them they will agree with that description.

• Admin
On 12/14/2023 at 9:42 PM, awkward-yet-sweet said:

And for those who think the Democrats are any more well-meaning, I've got some fine oceanfront property at a great price for the right buyer.

Please do provide a list of those Democrat-run state legislatures and/or governors that have put forward anti-trans legislation, hon.  If you can't find any, tell me again why there is no difference between Dems and Republicans.

Democratic politicians are not perfect; not even close.  But when it comes to protecting my right to exist, and the rights of trans youth and adults to respect, safety and the ability to live our lives as we wish to live them, there is only one choice.  Trans issues are certainly not the only issues to consider when casting our votes.  But they are important.

Carolyn Marie

2 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

Trans issues are certainly not the only issues to consider when casting our votes.  But they are important.

For some of us they are existential.

Ohio governor breaks ranks to veto bill banning healthcare for trans minors

Republican Mike DeWine made the surprise move after talking with parents of trans children and trans adults.

The surprise move, which DeWine said was “ultimately about protecting human life”, was largely welcomed by pro-LGBTQ+ activists, although the governor indicated he still intended to enact some of the provisions of the bill through executive action.

DeWine announced the veto at a news conference on Friday morning, in which he said he had listened to people on both sides of the legislation who believed their position best protected children.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/29/ohio-transgender-healthcare-governor-veto

3 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

Please do provide a list of those Democrat-run state legislatures and/or governors that have put forward anti-trans legislation, hon.  If you can't find any, tell me again why there is no difference between Dems and Republicans.

If a block of cheese is 75% moldy and 25% good, do you keep it in the refrigerator?  If a broken clock is still correct twice a day, do you keep it on the wall to use as a timepiece?  And does it make a practical difference whether a person is persecuted for gender reasons, instead of for health reasons, for religious reasons, or for any other cause? 

There's more to politics and life than the issue of trans rights.  There's more to my identity than being intersex/trans.  I look at a range of issues rather than just one.  My state may not be trans friendly, but I wouldn't DARE to live in California or New York for a whole host of other reasons.  Just because the Democrats may be friendly on LGBTQ+ issues doesn't mean they are not a threat to my way of life, faith, finances, my stepkids' education, and my health.  Just because the Republicans are "nice" enough to continue to support (limited) firearms rights, religious liberty, and sound immigration policy doesn't mean they are not a threat to my freedom of gender expression, bodily autonomy, workers' rights, or that they don't continually support the corrupt military industrial complex. 

Here's how the Democrats and Republicans are absolutely alike:  Both are a threat, and both apply their "principles" selectively.  And both parties have convinced their followers to believe in them like a cult.  The differences between them are superficial.  There's only one choice that I see, and that is to refuse to be deceived by the illusion of choice, and to oppose and subvert the entire system with every breath and every action.

I applaud Governor DeWine's choice today.  He chose to be consistent with the principle of parents' rights, rather than to follow a party platform. 

16 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

If a block of cheese is 75% moldy and 25% good, do you keep it in the refrigerator?

I'd cut out the good part and throw the rest away.  But that's just me.  I drink creek water when I'm in the woods so…

I do applaud Governor DeWine's choice today.  He had the decency to listen to those affected by the laws.  We need more of that.

I'm not crazy about the Democrats, but it's hard to support a party that is actively calling for my eradication.  For me that is an existential situation.  The other issues don't really matter for us once we've been eradicated.  If that makes me a single issue voter… well, I'm sorry.

31 minutes ago, Ivy said:

it's hard to support a party that is actively calling for my eradication.  For me that is an existential situation. 

Exactly how I feel about the Democrats.  Especially after how they acted during the Covid time, I'm convinced that they're perfectly willing to support a system that would forcibly poison me given half a chance.  Ever read about what the Soviets did to the "kulak" class of small landholding farmers?  That's basically the leftist plan for small property owners in the USA.  "You'll own nothing and love it." 

So, the Republican Party wants me gone because of my gender.  The Democrat Party wants me gone because of my location, my occupation, my family, and my resistance to tyranny.  An existential situation all around.  I'm hoping for a separatist republic, because there's basically nowhere to go except right where I'm standing.

Wow, a Republican governor with a spine! Bravo Mike, bravo. What will they think of next? Growing a heart?

Yeah, Republicans and Democrats are night and day when it comes to trans issues. One wants to outright eradicate us, the other wants to protect us. Tell me how they are the same again?

• Admin

Take it easy on name calling against the Political Parties please.  We seem to have some strong views surfacing here that need to be brought back to a calmer area. 

"Iowa Don't Say Gay, Book Ban has been blocked in court! Incredible new ruling out of a federal court in Iowa! Iowa's Don't Say Gay law, book ban has been BLOCKED in court. The law is so overly vague that "every elementary school teacher has likely violated it already." This is a major victory on a day of LGBTQ+ victories!" —Erin Reed 

20 minutes ago, Davie said:

The law is so overly vague that "every elementary school teacher has likely violated it already."

Yep.  The old principle stands - "Lex mala, lex nulla."  A bad law is no law at all.  Vagueness is a point on which to defeat a lot of the current anti-trans legislation.  Trans folks are a pretty diverse group anyways, so defining us is difficult from the beginning.  I've noticed that some legislation includes "exemptions" for intersex folks, except that those exemptions are usually defined in "chromosomal disorder" terms, which leaves out folks like me.  There's a number of holes like that in these laws that we can pry at until they fall apart. 

11 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Vagueness is a point on which to defeat a lot of the current anti-trans legislation.

They have to be vague because they're not based on reality.  If they got more specific the discrimination would be obvious.

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 129 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • Jet McCartney