• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I officially came out to my family

JustJack

I have been talking with my family for a while about questioning my gender identity and I have been using they/them pronouns while I figured it out as she/her definitely didn't feel right with me. I've known for a while that I wanted to use he/him pronouns and go by Jack but I was hesitant to officially tell my family to use call me by that because I was worried I'd change my mind and a part of my feels connected to my birth name despite it no longer feeling like it fits who I am on the inside. I finally decided to just go for it and tell them to call me Jack to to treat me like a boy and they have all been very supportive and loving throughout this change. My mom called me her son and I felt so euphoric and loved I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. They still mess up and use my other name sometimes but it has only been a day and I know they don't do it on purpose so it is ok. I know they will get there eventually and not slip up as much and just the fact that they are trying makes me feel loved. Honestly the only thing they had any problems with was my choice of name and even that was more of a joking thing. I didn't know how powerful just being called Jack would feel until I heard my mom call for me from across the house and suddenly I WAS Jack and I felt comfortable in my body for a moment and I forgot that I was ever debating who I was. I still have a long way to go and I want to come out to my friends next and eventually my work but for now in my home I feel like I am accepted for being the real me. 

• Forum Moderator
56 minutes ago, JustJack said:

just the fact that they are trying makes me feel loved

I love the fact that you are able to say this.  Yay!  You have a lovely family.

'How sweet it is to be loved by you............................Mom,I'm delighted you got that support from your family Jack.It's so nice to get off to a good start.

All the best for the journey ahead

Love Keera

• 3 weeks later...

That's wonderful news to hear that they are so accepting of you. I wished my family was that way. I'm never treated as a daughter or sister. It won't ever happen because my family is way too old school to be accepting of me. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 253 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • SamC
    • MAN8791
    • Ivy
    • Thea
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Selena729
    Newest Member
    Selena729

1. Angelo christoper
      Angelo christoper
      (38 years old)
    2. Joslynn
      Joslynn
      (61 years old)
    3. Kaltia_Atlas
      Kaltia_Atlas
    4. Rika_Lil
      Rika_Lil
      (40 years old)
    5. Summerluv
      Summerluv
      (19 years old)
    • Ivy
      People who are out publicly, and openly transgender, maybe on HRT, having changed names and gender, have a lot to lose if anti-trans politicians take power.  They have openly called for our eradication, and promise to do everything they can to accomplish this.  (again, 2025) For someone in this position the election is about our survival.  It's foolish to delude ourselves into thinking "Oh, they don't really mean that.  It's all for show," or, "There's other more important things to concern ourselves with." Maybe for some people the other things take priority.  But if you have skin in the game, things look different.  
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      If that happens, a lot of things I don't want to see might also be codified into law.  And some things that shouldn't be law might not get repealed.  To me, progress in one area isn't worth the price we'd have to pay in several other areas.     For me, voting on LGBTQ issues always ends up as an "out of the frying pan, but into the fire" sort of event.  
    • Ivy
      Trying out a new wig. Got my reading glasses on. I've also got dark roots now - first time in years.
    • Vidanjali
      Thea, your post made me think of a comic named Chloe Petts whom I saw recently on Hannah Gadsby's Gender Agenda comedy special on Netflix. She is a cisgender masculine lesbian. She is brilliant and so funny. I was intrigued by her identification - specifically masculine, not butch. And it seems to me there is a difference. 
    • Vidanjali
      Today I had a dr appt. When I checked in, I was asked my surname, which I gave. Apparently there were two patients with appointments at that time with that same surname. The receptionist asked, "Are you (my legal name which is feminine) or Paul?" I got such a kick out of it not being assumed I had the feminine name. 
    • Vidanjali
      That must have felt affirming, albeit perhaps weirdly so. However, I'd construe that more broadly (no pun intended) as sexism rather than misogyny where the latter would imply contempt. Also, incidentally, I've heard chivalry referred to as "benevolent sexism". 
    • MaeBe
      My boss is in a panic. His business is a couple straws away from breaking a camel in half. He's just handling the stress very poorly.   My dad, though. He's handling things pretty well, as long as I continue to don't get massively offended by being called: son, boy, etc. His eldest is leaving the State and looks so different than he's been used to over the years. I haven't told him I'm on HRT, but to be fair the changes haven't been massive. I've always had boobs, more so after COVID weight gain and made more obvious with its loss, but now I'm not hiding them--and obviously wearing a bra. The estrogen has done some work, but nothing major (sadly). I think the biggest HRT changes have been my skin and a mild amount of fat redistribution.   Today I'm wearing my cheater, I almost have cleavage! :D I need to get another t-shirt bra to keep a good rotation. I only have two, one push-up, and the rest are unlined (great for Summer, but not great for my Summer wardrobe ).
    • Justine76
      Thank you so much April! 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Glad to hear it. Abby
    • JenniferB
      I eat a ketogenic diet and have had no problems. I don't know about your case but I suspect it is the estrogen. Research the types of ways to take estrogen. Pay close attention to the bloodwork results. If they are not satisfactory, bring it up with your doctor. I take injectables, which are fully covered by insurance. It may not be the route for you, but something to consider. I emphasize to do your research and good luck. You can solve this. Be persistent.    Jennifer
    • April Marie
      I'm in a magenta blouse under a baby blue buttoned cardigan - still a little cool here in the northeast today - with dark blue jeans. Oh, and my favorite flame colored copper feather earrings.
    • April Marie
      What a wonderful photo! You look gorgeous!!!
    • Justine76
      White crop top and capri jeans ;) Finaly tricked the face id on my phone, "that's not you" lol.
    • JenniferB
      This is my opinion, so take it for that. Fatigue is based more on what you eat. Eat a more healthy diet, and stay away from ultra-processed foods and that should help. Think of eating the way we did a couple hundred years ago before the industrial revolution. It's just a thought.   Jennifer
    • April Marie
      Welcome back, Jennifer! As a relative newbie to the forum and to transition, I look forward to getting to know you and share in your experiences.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.