• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Successful Surgery

Guest EmilyStJ

Guest EmilyStJ

I finally had "the operation"! All woman now - thank goodness. While my mind has been there for some time my body needed the completion. Oh yes - this is an ad area - almost forget. Ok lovelies check these folks out - www.globalhcf.com. They had my life changed and I didn't go into bankruptcy to do it. Sound, wonderful, non-judgemental folks. They looked after me like I was a - well royalty! GlobalHCF got me taken care of for exactly 73% less than my doctor in Chicago wanted.

Wish I did this 12 years ago! Bye!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest A Girl

Yea!!! A quick question was your surgery in the states or else where? I'm working to get my ffs done and wondering if they would be as good as the doctor i've consulted with at Boston Med.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Sarah-hime

I've only just joined but I'd like to say this - Congrats! You stuck to your guns and achieved what I'm guessing was a long held dream: If only I could be in a similar position to yourself...

P.S How does it actually "feel", having gone the whole nine yards?

• 2 weeks later...

I think when Emily St. J said goodbye, she meant goodbye.

According to the forum statistics she joined on July 14, posted the above post and has not been seen since.

I can only presume that she is off somewhere leading her new life.

I wish her well.

Z.

• 2 weeks later...
I think when Emily St. J said goodbye, she meant goodbye.

According to the forum statistics she joined on July 14, posted the above post and has not been seen since.

I can only presume that she is off somewhere leading her new life.

I wish her well.

Z.

I can only presume it was a spam account made to advertise that website/company.

• 6 months later...
Guest Leah1026
Congratulations! :)

I still am 16, so I can't take hormones nor have surgery yet. :( Best of luck in life!

~Ashley

That is not tue. People as young as 14 are starting HRT. If you have parental approval and a good endocrinologist it is possible. Or maybe have a local endo consult with Dr Spack in Boston:

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/ar...h_norman_spack/

He's bringing the Dutch system of helping young kids while they are still teens, and even pre-teens sometimes, to the USA.

Guest J-Walker
That is not tue. People as young as 14 are starting HRT. If you have parental approval and a good endocrinologist it is possible. Or maybe have a local endo consult with Dr Spack in Boston:

He's bringing the Dutch system of helping young kids while they are still teens, and even pre-teens sometimes, to the USA.

Wow, how long has he been around for?

I live less than an hour away from Boston and have never heard about him from any of my therapists. Of course I'm 18 now, so it doesn't matter to me anymore, does it? :rolleyes:

Guest Leah1026
Wow, how long has he been around for?

I live less than an hour away from Boston and have never heard about him from any of my therapists. Of course I'm 18 now, so it doesn't matter to me anymore, does it? :rolleyes:

I think Dr Spack has been active for 2-3 years getting the program up and running. It's now just that with the ful backing of the hospital.

I'm also less than an hour from Boston. B)

• 1 month later...
Guest Stephanie Butterfield

It was clearly spam, I just visited it, its a medicare site, so obviously a con person trying to drum up business. I mean its a no brainer adding a link using web link or for a web site <a href="full web link">type anything here you like</a>

Stephanie

• 11 months later...
Guest 2Di4U

Just want to say Hope you can have your surgery if you want to.

Guest 2Di4U
I finally had "the operation"! All woman now - thank goodness. While my mind has been there for some time my body needed the completion. Oh yes - this is an ad area - almost forget. Ok lovelies check these folks out - www.globalhcf.com. They had my life changed and I didn't go into bankruptcy to do it. Sound, wonderful, non-judgemental folks. They looked after me like I was a - well royalty! GlobalHCF got me taken care of for exactly 73% less than my doctor in Chicago wanted.

Wish I did this 12 years ago! Bye!

I am happy you got your surgery, and are happy with your new life.

The 2001 rule was Hormone blockers at age 10 and hormones with parental permission at age 16 which in my opinion was a tad late. Things have changed tremendously in the last 2 years. According to my email therapists on my list have been telling me hormones are now being prescribed at age 13 with parental permission. Treatment for Transgender children and early diagnosis has exploded since 2006. This is indeed good news. If you have a doctor who still follows the old rules have them write to me. Exceptions can be made and have been all along.

Laura