• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Stephanie's Bottom surgery

Stefi

I am starting to see the Docters and Psychiatrists. I am going to see the Psychiatrists in Chicago (about 1 hour from my sister's house) She will be driving me. After that I have appointments to see the Surgeons and waiting to set an appointment for Breast Augmentation (they are about 9 months out, but that's ok as they will not to work on them until I have been on HRC Patch for 1 year. I am told that MediCare and my supplement will pay for both procedures as long as I get 3 letters (2 from Psychiatrists and 1 from my Docter). That state the medical need for the surgeries' which they almost always approve.

Steph

• Forum Moderator

Positive vibes and prayers, as the two of you reach these important mile markers in your transition.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thanks Hannah Renee   Thats really awesome. I was given a copy of the letter for the Psychiatrists and my Hrt Doctor to use.  My psychiatrists appointment is this Friday. I will know more after seeing them. I already have my HRT doctors. My doctors are out of North Western Medicine (NWM). 

Hugs

Steph

That's awesome that they'll cover both of them. Hope everything runs smoothly and looking forward to seeing updates. 

I have been told by my Trans. Dr. that as long as my Gender Dysphoria needs medical treatment(surgery), then they will be covered.

1 minute ago, Stefi said:

I have been told by my Trans. Dr. that as long as my Gender Dysphoria needs medical treatment(surgery), then they will be covered.

Medicare won't cover it in Mississippi unfortunately, fun part about a red state.

Thats sad news..Maybe you can move to Illinois for a few months.

Steph

40 minutes ago, Stefi said:

Steph

I wished I have joint custody with my ex 

1 hour ago, Stefi said:

Steph

Unfortunately I have joint custody with my ex and two boys. I'm hoping the VA will finally approve it for the veterans. It's not like there is that many of us. I think the last count was less than 250,000 are trans. 

3 hours ago, Stefi said:

Steph

Well I called the Medicare office because they were advising for insurance and part b does cover trans surgeries as long as I provide the letters. 

2 hours ago, Mmindy said:

That's great news @Ashley0616

Heck yeah! I'm excited! One less thing to worry about. 

Just now, Stefi said:

Ashley0616   Thats good news. Just keep hounding the Medicare people until they give in.

Steph.

Who do you have for supplemental because I'm sure Medicare isn't covering the whole amount?

I have Mutual of Omaha for my part G. My Docters assured me that they will pick up what part B doesn't cover.

Steph

Just now, Stefi said:

I have Mutual of Omaha for my part G. My Docters assured me that they will pick up what part B doesn't cover.

Steph

Thank you!

Went to my psychiatrists on Friday to get my letters. All went well. They will send them to Insurance co. for approval. I see the bottom surgeons on April 23rd and I think we will be setting surgery dates. This is getting real now. Still need to schedule the Breast Augmentation Surgery. Is there anyone out there that has had vulvoplasty surgery? If so can you tell me what to expect?

Thanks Steph

• Forum Moderator
16 minutes ago, Stefi said:

Is there anyone out there that has had vulvoplasty surgery? If so can you tell me what to expect?

Hi @Stefi, On Jan. 5, 2021, I had the first part of a two part surgery called a colovaginalplasty. The first surgery was the vulvoplasty surgery (minimal depth procedure) and the creation of my neo-vagina.

I would be happy to answer any specifics privately about any part of that procedure via PM and alternatively, I have a blog here with the ‘day to day’ with my specifics posted about it in case you want further depth into what I experienced. Most of the surgerical procedure and post surgical stuff starts near the middle of Page 4 of that blog thread (below).

This is an exciting time for you. It’s probably very emotional at times as you will be embarking on a new chapter of your life. I wish you the very best on the surgery and your recovery.

All I am having regarding my bottom is a vulvoplasty surgery. I cannot find online a procedure time. best I can find is an in patient stay and about 1  hr.1/2  for procedure. Is this correct?

• Forum Moderator

@Stefi I think it would depend upon a number of parameters.  Your surgeon would be best to ask that question.  I think it would be 2 hours at a minimum, plus time in recovery before you would be wakened and wheeled to a room.