• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I'm Not Going Away!

Sally Stone

When I logged onto this site this morning, the recent posts pane showed four different stories relating to trans-related discrimination.  In the news section there are countless other articles and stories with the same theme.  Honestly, it's enough to make me want to find a hole and crawl down deep inside.  However, I won't do it.  No way am I going to give the bigots and the haters that satisfaction.  Especially when I know, that so many of these stories and articles are being perpetrated by a fairly small group.  We may think the bigotry and hatred we are bombarded with is widespread, but in reality, most of it comes from a small group of loudmouths who hog the bully pulpit. 

I'm not saying life is all wine and roses for us.  Clearly, we all face challenges, and I recognize some of us have been victimized by bigotry, but still, I encourage each of us to take a breath when we feel as though the entire world is against us.  Honestly and truly it isn't.  I believe the constant bombardment from the news media is what's making us think the world is against us, and news stories shouldn't be enough to us want to go hide under a rock.  

It's so easy to be consumed by what we read or see in the media, even if we haven't actually been affected.  We can't let a handful of news stories dictate how we live our lives.  As I stated earlier, I absolutely refuse to give the bigots and the haters the satisfaction of knowing they drove me underground. 

I'm not advocating we ignore this kind of news; instead, I'm saying we temper it with what we are actually experiencing in our own lives.  We may have cause to be weary, but trans hate and bigotry is not nearly as widespread as the haters and the bigots fostering these stories want us to believe.  They may keep hoping, but "I'm not going away."   

• Forum Moderator
1 minute ago, Sally Stone said:

I'm not advocating we ignore this kind of news; instead, I'm saying we temper it with what we are actually experiencing in our own lives.  We may have cause to be weary, but trans hate and bigotry is not nearly as widespread as the haters and the bigots fostering these stories want us to believe.  They may keep hoping, but "I'm not going away."   

I stand with Sally, I'm not going away.

Stay informed, vote, and be heard.

Be visible,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Just now, Mmindy said:

I stand with Sally, I'm not going away.

Stay informed, vote, and be heard.

Be visible,

Me too!  Be Visible (and Be Safe).

• Forum Moderator

I agree and glad you posted this.