• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Open Invitation to TGP Members for Zoom Meet-Ups

• Forum Moderator

Some of our TGP forum members here have already had the chance to join in on one or more of our previous Zoom meet-ups. They’ve been taking place every Saturday evening. Another Zoom meeting was added to accommodate another group on the occasional Tuesday evening these past 6 months. The Tuesday meetings were added so that new TGP forum members might join in the fun. Several of you have shown interest in attending these but for one reason or another have not been available to attend. This open invite will hopefully encourage those members on the fence and others curious about them to reach out and give it a go.

These Zoom meetings are a wonderful opportunity for us all to experience the same affirming atmosphere we’ve all experienced on the TGP general forum. For some that have attended, it was first time they were able to be themselves in a worry free public setting. For others, it has been a time to share a small part of our week with accepting open arms. It’s a very low-key drama-free experience.

If you haven’t yet attended a Trans Zoom meeting, I encourage you to give it a try…at least once. It can be such a liberating experience. There’s absolutely no pressure to speak during the meeting or even have your camera on. So Yes! You’re always welcome to join our meetings with your camera and mic OFF. Feel free to keep your speakers on and listen to the ongoing discussion. If later you decide you’d like to chime in on a topic that interests you, just turn on your mic and click on the “Raise Hand button. The host or last speaker will call on you as soon as there’s a break. Alternatively, you can always turn your camera ON and physically raise your hand if that’s your preference. It’s that easy and relaxed. Best of all, you’re among many of the same friends you converse with here on our TGP forum.

Here’s another nice thing about these meet-ups. You can show up anytime during the 3 or 4 hour streaming session and stay as long or as short as you like. People drop in and out at random times….sometimes just to say hi and check in with the group. The whole thing is very fluid and diverse like almost everyone in attendance. These meetings are a great opportunity for us all to add a perspective on any of the multiple topics we might be discussing during the 3 or 4 hours it’s streaming. There’s no pressure, whatsoever, for anyone to share anything. Most eventually have something to say as they feel the friendliness and inviting atmosphere within the group. 

Lastly, these meetings are a safe space to experiment with parts of your transition. Everyone in attendance encourages testing out new gestures, practicing your voice, trying a new hairstyle or wig or mustache, putting on your new favorite makeup or outfit. Alternatively, just come as you are. The point of these meetings is to be comfortable in whatever presentation you prefer and to get to know some of those you know here in an inclusive affirming environment.

The weekday Trans Zoom meet-ups will be resuming again soon. Until that time, TGP members interested (and available) to attend an upcoming Saturday Evening anytime between 6pm-9pm Pacific Standard Time, please PM me for more information.

Susan R🌷

PLEASE NOTE: These Zoom meetings are available for those TGP members over the age of 18.

For any of our members here who might be reluctant to join in one of the Zoom sessions, they are low key, fun, informative and you can interact as little or as much as you feel comfortable doing.

The first Tuesday Zoom meeting was my first time that anyone had "seen" me outside of my wife and therapist. And, because I am so relatively new to transitioning and am moving slowly, I don't always have a lot to offer.

Don't let that stop you. Everyone has been amazingly supportive, friendly and tolerant. I've learned so much and just have plain had fun talking with other men and women from our forums. 

I hope some of you will join us!!!

• Forum Moderator

I'd encourage everyone to check out the zoom meetings.  I have been a regular on the Saturday night zoom since it started.  I don't often say a lot - I'm not a talkative person - and I have to sign off early to avoid a late night because I am in the Atlantic Time Zone, but they are a highlight of my week.

And, once again, in my coffee depleted state when I originally responded, I inadvertently limited the participants I've interacted with.  I enjoy interacting with everyone across the spectrum of our community, no matter their gender identification. 

Join in and help enrich each others' lives.

@Michelle_S told me she might like to be added to the Zoom invite group if there is room.

Michelle, please respond to this thread or the PM I sent you if you want to join the Zoom group. 

• Forum Moderator

Just a reminder to anyone else wanting to check out our Trans Zoom “get together” tomorrow. It starts Saturday at 6pm (US Pacific Time) but you can drop in anytime during the ~3 hours of streaming.

Please PM me here to get added to the list for these Zoom URL’s each week.

Looking Forward,

Susan R🌷

On 2/16/2024 at 2:27 PM, Susan R said:

Just a reminder to anyone else wanting to check out our Trans Zoom “get together” tomorrow. It starts Saturday at 6pm (US Pacific Time) but you can drop in anytime during the ~3 hours of streaming.

Please PM me here to get added to the list for these Zoom URL’s each week.

Looking Forward,

Susan R🌷

Please include me. I will put an alarm reminder so I don't forget it. 

• Forum Moderator

@Ashley0616 @Jet McCartney @Timi @Ivy You are added. The PM with the URL will be there momentarily. Come if you can even if it just to say, “Hi”.

Susan R🌷

I plan to be there!  Might join a little bit late (after dinner and cleaning up).  I got the PM/link. Thank you @Susan R❤️

19 hours ago, Susan R said:

@Ashley0616 @Jet McCartney @Timi @Ivy You are added. The PM with the URL will be there momentarily. Come if you can even if it just to say, “Hi”.

Susan R🌷

I still haven't received the PM to join

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

I still haven't received the PM to join

That was my oversight. I’m very sorry. I was sure I had added you and Jet and when I signed out of the Zoom meeting just now, I came on here and noticed I had missed you both. I tagged you in the PM itself but forgot to add you. :(

• Forum Moderator

Tonight at 6PM Pacific Time there will be another Trans Zoom Meeting. If anyone thinking of attending, please PM me to be added to the list so you get the Zoom Meeting Link.

Just a refresher: These meetings continue for 3 to 4 hours with members of our community dropping in and out during the entire duration. Feel free to drop in at anytime and leave at anytime. It’s nice touch base and meet others who understand where we are and how we got here!

Susan R🌷

• Forum Moderator

I was given the Okay to post the current meeting here. We are on right now in this moderated group chat. Come meet the group!

Topic: Trans group Zoom Meeting

Time: Feb 25, 2024 01:00 PM Australia/Melbourne

Feb 24, 2024 06:00 PM USA/Pacific Time

Feb 24, 2024 09:00 PM USA/Eastern Time

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86536525816?pwd=SR1E9CwytJhDchbiDaW80dbpiwGc7N.1

Meeting ID: 865 3652 5816

Passcode: 307252

The Zoom mentioned by @Susan R above is still running. Currently 6 people discussing the merits of the Apple Lightening connector vs USB C.

Come and join in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Trans Group Zoom Meeting Tomorrow!!

Just a reminder about the upcoming meet-up tomorrow. It would be nice to have a few new first timers join us to add new perspectives to the topics that arise. The discussions vary greatly from week to week so come join us.

Here are the converted times for those of you in different parts of the world.

Time:

March 9, 2024 06:00 PM USA/Pacific Time

March 9, 2024 09:00 PM USA/Eastern Time

March 10, 2024 01:00 PM Australia/Melbourne

Message me if you’d like to attend.

• Forum Moderator

Trans Group

Zoom Meeting Tomorrow!!

We are having a Zoom meet-up tomorrow. If you haven’t joined us before, this would be a great opportunity to chat with several members from this forum as well as several others from within the trans community. The discussions can be unpredictable and always friendly so please pop in and say hi. 

Here are the converted meeting times for those of you in different parts of the world. The recent US time change is reflected in the conversions.

Time:

March 16, 2024 06:00 PM USA/Pacific Time

March 16, 2024 09:00 PM USA/Eastern Time

March 17, 2024 12:00 PM Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney

Message me if you’d like to attend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Trans Group

Zoom Meeting Tomorrow!!

Yes, another week has come and gone and this week’s Zoom meet-up tomorrow. This is a great opportunity to meet and chat with members from this forum as well as several others within our trans community from around the world. So if you’ve never joined us before, please stop in and say, “Hi”. Meetings typically run 3 to 4 hours long so feel free to join and leave at any time.

Below are the times for the tomorrow’s meet-up.

Date/Time:

March 30, 2024 06:00 PM USA/Pacific Time

March 30, 2024 09:00 PM USA/Eastern Time

March 31, 2024 12:00 PM Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney

Message me if you’d like to attend.

• Forum Moderator

Trans Group

Zoom Meeting Tomorrow!!

Australia is back to standard time, so the meeting starts in Melbourne at 11 am Sunday. Here are some current US time conversions for this meeting. Hope to see some of you!

Meeting Dates/Times:

April 6, 2024 06:00 PM USA/Pacific Time

April 6, 2024 09:00 PM USA/Eastern Time

April 7, 2024 11:00 AM Australia/Melbourne

Message me for the meeting link if you’d like to attend.

*Hugs*

Susan R🌷

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Trans Group

Zoom Meeting Tomorrow!!

Trans Group Zoom Meeting Times:

April 20, 2024 6:00 PM Pacific Time

April 20, 2024 8:00 PM Central Time

April 21, 2024 11:00 AM Australia/Melbourne

*Hugs*

Susan R🌷

• Forum Moderator

Trans Group

Zoom Meeting Tomorrow!!

Another Zoom meet-up will happen tomorrow. It’s an opportunity to meet and chat with members from this forum as well as others within our worldwide trans community. All are invited so join us and if you want…say “Hi”. Stop by anytime as the meetings typically run 3 to 4 hours. Feel free to stay as long as you want and leave at any time during the meeting.

Trans Group Zoom Meeting Times:

April 27, 2024 6:00 PM Pacific Time

April 27, 2024 8:00 PM Central Time

April 28, 2024 11:00 AM Australia/Melbourne

*Hugs*

Susan R🌷

Please consider joining us, even if it's just for a few minutes to see what the meetings are like. I've learned so much, had so much fun and gained confidence in myself just by being a part of this amazing group of people. It's a low key, no pressure, non-judgmental chance to just be among people who are supportive, understanding and affirming of each other. 

I'm travelling out of state and still planning on dropping in for awhile. 

Come see what it's like!!