• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Is Your Female Different?

Guest Emily H

Guest Emily H

As Andrea, I am much different than being a guy. Sure, I'm the same person, but I'm different in some areas. Likeeee, I might be a little reckless, since I really want to tell my mom or somebody, but the other me knows just how bad of an idea is and doesn't feel its right, at least at this time (I just want to be accepted so my mom can give me cash to buy some new clothes:P). Also, I never ever get hungry, at least barely, its like, as long as I'm wearing a bra (and everything else of course :D), I have no hunger. As soon as it (and everything else) comes off, well, lets just say be scared if you are a refrigerator :o.

I can have fun moving around the house, cleaning things, putting things away, the other day I even almost began to sing (i would have continued if I knew the words better). But nope, when its not Andrea, completely different, I swear, if you read a book about us you'd think we were two separate people living across the street from each other (and perhaps that book would become a movie?)

And yet...here we both are, both of us typing and thinking!

So, any of you other ladies know what I mean?

~Andrea

Guest Ashlee

Very much so...

As Ashlee, I am much more at ease, love to just lounge around the house, watch a movie, even do some housework. I have even done some of my normal "guy" housework when dressed and it just seems to go so much easier.

I too, am a bit more reckless as Ashlee. There are times when I wish I could tell someone, (my brother especially) but afterward, it just seems like it would be such a big mistake... I also push the limits when I'm out shopping too!

Yes, I can truly relate to this one!

Ashlee

Guest Pioneer

Hmm..I think I'm more calm and cautious as my female side (even though I barely get to express as her) with more confidence yet feel vulnerable at the same time. My male side is the one who is having all the mood swing fest. LOL

Both are very sloppy though haha.

Guest rachael1

Nope, I feel like Rachael all the time even when I 'm not dressed.

The thing that depresses me is not being able to be her all the time and pretend that i'm male to the world. :angry:

Rachael

im the other way round ftm

but i did go through a phrase of feeling like to different people but its merging now, slowly

but before i used to be like leo is thinking this and **** is thinking that

i guess having to present female for work etc makes me have more of a split personality

Guest AllisonD

I learn so much from everyone here. That has to be cool, to have two personalities. To be able to switch between them. Get tired of one, change personalities when you put on or take off a bra. Fascinating.

So do you get tired of one or the other? Bored? Ashamed? I've been reading about how some of us feel ashamed we are so compelled to fight against expectations, but the two personality thing is new to me. Or maybe I've read about it somewhere, 'cause maybe it isn't really new now that I think on it.

I don't think I ever had two personalities. The one I have keeps me fully engaged, thank you (or is it thank goodness!) But it must be cool to be someone else when you want to be. I can certainly relate to that even if I can't do it.

I sometimes get the feeling that my fellow travelers on this site are so much more resilient than I am. Or perhaps fluid is a better word. Have such an easier time navigating a range of genders. I feel kind of stuck in one now that I am exposed to all these wonderful new ideas. Funny, I have never been accused, nor have I ever felt, so straight before!

Allison

I am developing a second pesonality.

I have to be male at work and he is getting so agrivated byeverything that he is back to pounding on walls and yelling at everyone.

Sally is not happy when she has to be around him.

In actuallity I only have one personality and that is a shame because it is so boring.

I have two personas and that is very different, one is an act and not really me.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Emily H
I learn so much from everyone here. That has to be cool, to have two personalities. To be able to switch between them. Get tired of one, change personalities when you put on or take off a bra. Fascinating.

Ha, of course it's not that clean cut ALL of the time, Andrea will have times when she wants to be her but there's 'no bras around', both literally and figuratively ;), so its male me, and sometimes even vice versa :o.

Guest 1Char

I'm just a girl, but I play a guy... I have his personality down to an art! If I could deal with my male role without killing myself, I could probably go my whole life unknown! Spooky!!

Guest Astro_Liz

Hey Andrea! Wow, I feel the same way! I know when the bra goes on, my personality definitely gets bubbly and perky. Like you, the housework seems to go better, and I have definitely caught myself singing a couple times. Although my singing does sound pretty awful... my cats run and hide anyway, so I think thats a sign. I never really thought about the hunger thing, but I am the same way as well. A bowl of cereal or something light seems to be sufficient, but take the bra off, and I go hunting for the meat and potatoes. All I know is that at work I am 100% serious, you'd be hard pressed to find me goofing around or smiling, let along singing. Of course no one there suspects anything of my alter ego, but its fun to have her in the back of my mind singing a little diddy, even if it sounds like nails on a chalkboard! :D

So don't feel crazy or weird, you're not alone! :lol:

Guest Emily H

Hey Andrea! Wow, I feel the same way! I know when the bra goes on, my personality definitely gets bubbly and perky. Like you, the housework seems to go better, and I have definitely caught myself singing a couple times. Although my singing does sound pretty awful... my cats run and hide anyway, so I think thats a sign. I never really thought about the hunger thing, but I am the same way as well. A bowl of cereal or something light seems to be sufficient, but take the bra off, and I go hunting for the meat and potatoes. All I know is that at work I am 100% serious, you'd be hard pressed to find me goofing around or smiling, let along singing. Of course no one there suspects anything of my alter ego, but its fun to have her in the back of my mind singing a little diddy, even if it sounds like nails on a chalkboard! :D

So don't feel crazy or weird, you're not alone! :lol:

You, and everyone else here, is why this place is so wonderful!

~Andrea

Guest DeniseNM

I would say for me that there is only one personality and that is Denise. Now Denise has some aspects of Dennis in her because I have played the part of Dennis for so many years (and was very good at it) but Denise was always there. Since I have been truly learning who I am I have changed some. I am happier and calmer and just a better person, but alot of the good things I learned as Dennis (my self-assurance and willingness to try new things) are still part of me but I am still becoming me and that is something that is all Denise. I think we all go through these kinds of things because I know there have been times in the past that I have felt like two different people though. Since this is a place where we can be who we are and even truly learn who we are with all the support and love we get from each other, I think that is what makes Laura's so great and safe.

Denise

Guest darlene lynn

Yep know what your talking about. I kept my male and female personalities seperate for my first forty years.Because I was taught that I was a bad person having gender doughts at four years old.So sad to say for many years I thought they were right. Even thought Darlene was always there close I only let her out to punish her for being there. But glory to God, Ive come to realize she's a survivor and for the last 16 years we've learned that we(Darlene and Me) are the same person...I know that sounds crazy but its not really.Its just my way of becoming one..I've been trying hard not to seperate them any more..But I'm alot more comfortable a dress, bra, and panties..I do crossdress 24/7 but more shorts and tanks or denim pants, and over size shirts..most men never notice but most females do but usually with a smile or a little odd look but thats fine with me I'm happy..

LOL

Darlene Lynnette

Guest Flora

Interesting.. at first when I started to read this thread I thought "na this doesnt sound like me" but then I started to relate to comments like "housework becomes easier" and I realised that I do in a way! Wierd!

I guess because I don't dress up for extended periods very often (cuz I'm rarely at home for long by myself) I don't often give Flora a chance to come out properly, but when she is out she does love to twirl and dance, and let her dress float right out as wide as it can go :blush: while doing housework or bringing in washing.

<3 Flora

Guest virginiaJ

I know for me its not when i wear this i feel this way and when i wear that i feel that way. What i wear depends entirely on how i feel. Dont take this the wrong because its just the way i live my double life i dont necessarily think this way, but when Im in a "guy" mood or doing "guy" things, I feel i need to wear "guy" clothing and vice versa. Part of the reason for this is i just plain dont want to get my girls clothing dirty, but its also because i do enjoy both worlds. Occasionally I get tired of one life or the other, mostly the nasty greasemonkey side lol, and i will just kind of push that off to the side and "hide" in my other life. But overall both sides is what makes me who i am, and im able to find a balance and a peace in my life that i didnt have before i allowed the feminine aspect of me to come out. Im still mostly in the shadows but i have come out to a very special person to me, and we are working towards getting me ready to be able to go out even if we have to drive 100 miles or more so noone we know could accidentally spot me.

virginia

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Penelope

Bloke and I are two sides of one spinning coin.

Within a few seconds of bloke (I assume) reading a web site about the characteristics of the latest Intel processor or an audio DAC, I can be aspiring to a pair of sexy high healed shoes or contemplating a suitable colour for nail polish.

We scan women almost simultaneously; bloke looking at her as a guy does; me assessing her clothes, shoes, hair style etc. On the whole a doubly rich experience.

I can't say that this is particularly dependent on clothes though we wear some female underwear nearly all of the time.

We are happy either way but we must be able to switch and there must always be something tangibly female near to hand.

We are new to this and I guess it could change at some point.

Penelope

• Admin

I feel the same way most of you do. When dressed, I feel happier, as if it was the way I was meant

to look and feel. Lately, though, I've begun to think of myself as a woman even when I'm not dressed,

as if, when in male clothes, I'm in disguise.

Reckless? I've done things recently that I never would have imagined myself doing just a few months

ago. Buying makeup and wigs in stores and not through the internet; wandering around the sportswear

and petites section of Macy's and not caring a wit if anyone noticed. Yeah, I really don't care what

anyone else thinks these days. I'm going to do what makes me feel good, and whole, and like the

real me. That's become much more important lately.

Thanks for the topic, Andrea.

Carolyn Marie

Guest gwenthlian

I have to agree with Valentine for myself, there is only me. Its just that for most of my life ive been pulling the puppet strings instead of living

Personaly, as a male i am very logical, quite calculated, but i like to be very soical.

My female side is very Horney lol and takes many more risks, and as that way i find myself much more short temperd.

but lately ive been a mix of them both witch supriseingly works lol :P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Singthesoul

Well, let's start off with that I'm biologically female.

QUINN is SOOO much different then CHRISTINE in some aspects. Christine worries about everything and everyone and doesn't feel comfortable with emotional stress. Quinn is a lot more relaxed and he fits in with all his friends. Quinn's/christine's friends are all boys, so being a girl who is viewed as a girl is alienating especially when you don't fully associate yourself with either gender.

Quinn and Christine are both me. Quinn is more comfortable and yet Christine is more comfortablf if she had expressed Quinn before.

So it is just like two sides of the same coin, they are intertwined. They are one in the same, in my opinion, just giving them different times to express them.

Guest Elizabeth K

Old topic - a good one - brought back!

I talked on this in GREAT detail for a long time with my therapist. Was I a split personality?

She said no - it's a dual natue.

I am in transition so I wanted to work on that and here is what happened. We worked long and hard to integrate both natures. It works well but takes a while to accomplish. In my dual nature I would arge with myself sometimes, minor things like "I think I will go do (insert something). " Then I would think,"do I really want to do that?" Then,"yes I think I do."

It was like a cautious side and an adventurous side, but it was more. It really was a female vs male 'consideration-of-the -consequences' thing. As a female, I often questioned some of the things my male playacting nature would want to do - too dangerous, too stupid, or even too uninteresting. It worked both ways. I would say 'Elizabeth! Make up your mind!

then - Integrated.

The third person references went away. There is only me.

The therapist and I looked to see what I was as an integrated person - well , female of course.

So that worked and I have gone on from that point.

But some of the male tendancies still follow, and sometimes that is useful. Knowledge like how to change a tire , that is still with me, BUT the big difference? I start looking around to see who I can get to do the work. I don't want to damage my pretty hands. And it is way too hot, and I don't want to have to go home to change. And anyway, on this HRT I doubt I can pull hard enough on the lug wrench to loosen the lug nuts. hee hee

A different word now - but so much more fun being what I really am.

Hope this helped.

Lizzy

Guest NatalieRene

I'm still the same person I was and always have been I'm just not wearing the male mask to blend in as often any more and hopefully in time I will lay the mask to rest for good. I still hate having to do the chores around the house but I still do them for the same reason; cleaning the house keeps it looking good. My likes and dislikes haven't changed. The only thing that is different is that now is that increasingly over time I will be perceived as I always should have.

Guest BeardedMan

It's funny - I never thought about this question. But I always think/thought of myself as 100% male. Of course, others notice that I am sensitive, fashion-aware, and associate better with women - and assume that I must therefore be gay. The disconnect between how I see me and how others see me sometimes makes me feel like maybe I should have two personas. I don't know. Things seem reasonably clear in my own head, but they get confusing when I have to deal with other people! :P