• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Good Note On Voting --

VickySGV

• Admin

Actually 2 of them!!

My state actually has its Primary Elections on March 5 this year.  We have universal mail-in ballots for all voters.  The mailing can be from February 5 to March 5. I have gotten to know most of the candidates through personal contacts via my LGBTQ centers and have two state LGBTQ organizations that I support that do further work on the candidates to assess them for future work on ALL aspects of their legislative potential.  I have relied on all of that and today I put my ballot in one of the secure county pick-up boxes in front of my local library.  Relying on the LGBTQ organizations was a big help for me.  There were multiple candidates from my preferred party, but the evaluations helped me pin down who I felt was best because some of the others have spent too much time bashing  the others for my tastes, even though at one point I might have considered them. So, my voting deed has been done.

The second wonderful piece of information I got on the subject was that my eldest Grandchild, who is Trans Fem/Non-Binary has voted in their first election, and has a number of other LGBTQ friends who are also voting for their first times, and while I do not have specifics, my GK let me know that they and their friends are NOT voting for our H8ers.  I already know about my younger Trans friend's intentions on how they will vote, so there are some NEW VOTERS in this one that will be a force in motion and may do some good.

• Admin

That's all good to hear, Vicky.  Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn Marie