• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

CSIS warns that the 'anti-gender movement' poses a threat of 'extreme violence'

KathyLauren

• Forum Moderator

CSIS warns that the 'anti-gender movement' poses a threat of 'extreme violence' - CBC

Canada's intelligence agency is warning that extremists could "inspire and encourage" serious violence against the 2SLGBTQI+ community — a threat the Canadian Security Intelligence Service says almost certainly will continue over the coming year.

• Admin

Mentally ill and scared people!!!  I am sorry it is happening there in Canada. 

That is crazy at how bad they are acting against us! I'm sure things will trickle down to the US and there will probably be more attacks at LGBTQ night clubs. 

8 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

I'm sure things will trickle down to the US

What's to trickle down?  They're already here.

1 minute ago, Ivy said:

What's to trickle down?  They're already here.

More violence. Active groups put together with soul purpose of killing us. It has been bad but groups haven't been formed yet or at least that is what I know. Our enemy is the ones in office. 

• Admin

Lots to worry about these days.  That said, I refuse to hide in my house and not be in the public space; that is exactly what "they" want us to do.

Carolyn Marie

1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

CSIS warns that the 'anti-gender movement' poses a threat of 'extreme violence' - CBC

Canada's intelligence agency is warning that extremists could "inspire and encourage" serious violence against the 2SLGBTQI+ community — a threat the Canadian Security Intelligence Service says almost certainly will continue over the coming year.

I am surprised that it took this long for someone to declare this intent. Throughout history there have been attempts to target minorities in many different ways. I have seen too many trans sisters being assaulted, neglected, and killed. It is nonetheless painful to hear of additional threats. The levels of hate continue to grow in many countries, not just the US or Canada. We need to be vigilant and prepared. I can only hope that future generations will be more accepting. 

I am sure there is some rage brewing underneath for all of us, but we need to channel that into being constructive rather than destructive. 

• Forum Moderator
21 minutes ago, Carolyn Marie said:

Lots to worry about these days.  That said, I refuse to hide in my house and not be in the public space; that is exactly what "they" want us to do.

Amen to that.  I am not sure I will fly my trans pride flag as much as I used to, but I will still be me in public.  And I will still wear trans pride earrings from time to time.

42 minutes ago, Carolyn Marie said:

19 minutes ago, KathyLauren said:

I am not sure I will fly my trans pride flag as much as I used to, but I will still be me in public.  And I will still wear trans pride earrings from time to time.

I stand in solidarity with both of you.  I will remain vigilant and be extra cautious of my surroundings, but I refuse to cower in fear and hide myself out of sight.  That said, I have been leery for some time, of large public gatherings, but it doesn't really have anything to do with being targeted because I'm trans.  Large gatherings sadly, have become a magnet for sickos wanting to do indiscriminate harm.  

Not sure how CSIS compares to organizations like the CIA in the US.  But given how much needless violence "intelligence" agencies of different nations have created around the world since the end of WW2, I'm not sure I'd trust much they have to say.  I'm far less worried about weirdos in the bushes or random folks in public than I am about the guys wearing suits.  A lawyer can steal more with a briefcase than ten men with guns, and a handful of politicians  can commit genocide in an afternoon with nothing more than pens and paper. 

Freak out / don't freak out is mostly up to us in our unique locations.  The political fabric is very much a patchwork, and how we interact with those around us will be unique.  Right-wing dominated areas are not uniform, and neither are left-wing areas.  Texas and Florida and Nebraska are as different from each other as Washington and New Mexico and Delaware.  And of course, one person's "extremist" is another person's "freedom fighter." 

Here in Texas I watched a trans woman worker verbally assaulted many times at the local shopping mall. Her booth was about 50 yards from the police station in the mall, and they would do nothing.  

Amazing because sometimes the verbal assault was loud and disruptive. She no longer works there. 

I don't have problems at the mall, so I guess I pass well enough. I do however have problems at the day-centre from upper management that has the 'holier than thou' attitude (and they know I'm intersex).

Also some participants will say some rude disgusting comments upon occasion. 

Texas is a prime example of what the anti-trans sentiments are in his country, and it really doesn't need much to push things over the edge. One participant said, "if I had a family member like you I would knock them off and bury the evidence."

I try to keep a low profile while still exercising as many rights as I can, but it seems the bigots would like to shove us all into a closet. 

On 2/15/2024 at 10:25 PM, Birdie said:

One participant said, "if I had a family member like you I would knock them off and bury the evidence."

Once Birdie, I found myself thinking that every person who thinks like that ought to be blessed with a transgender child, but I quickly realized how awful that would be for the child.  I don't have that thought anymore.  However, I know personally of two fathers that thought the "Texas" way until each of them had to deal with their own trans child.  One of those fathers is a family member who has become a champion for their child.  The other is actually a nationally known trans advocate who has done great things to support trans kids.

I guess it goes to show that at least some people can have a change of heart when they are forced to deal with a trans family member.  Sadly, there are too many others that still make their family member's lives a living hell.

On 2/16/2024 at 12:25 AM, Birdie said:

Texas is a prime example of what the anti-trans sentiments are in his country, and it really doesn't need much to push things over the edge. One participant said, "if I had a family member like you I would knock them off and bury the evidence."

Wow.  I know folks don't like us in my state, but I can't imagine somebody randomly saying that to my face here.  We've got our nasty people too, but most of them at least keep their mouths closed. 😪

16 minutes ago, Sally Stone said:

However, I know personally of two fathers that thought the "Texas" way until each of them had to deal with their own trans child. 

Ah, the "Texas Way."  Having been through Texas a number of times, I get the giggles over a sign I see at the state line by the Red River.... it reads "Drive Friendly, the Texas Way."  Yeah, right.  "Friendly" seems to mean "90mph and we'll be flipping ya the bird."  🤣  I guess its no surprise that other manners can be lacking at times.

3 hours ago, Sally Stone said:

Once Birdie, I found myself thinking that every person who thinks like that ought to be blessed with a transgender child, but I quickly realized how awful that would be for the child.  I don't have that thought anymore.  However, I know personally of two fathers that thought the "Texas" way until each of them had to deal with their own trans child.  One of those fathers is a family member who has become a champion for their child.  The other is actually a nationally known trans advocate who has done great things to support trans kids.

I guess it goes to show that at least some people can have a change of heart when they are forced to deal with a trans family member.  Sadly, there are too many others that still make their family member's lives a living hell.

My father had to deal with an intersex child (me), and he failed miserably. My mum abandoned us when I was 7 so grandma (her mum) took over raising me. It was very girly things because she understood me. I learned baking, sewing, cooking, ballet, piano, etc... I was raised very tomboyish with long hair. 

My cousin loaned me an outfit and dad saw me in a skirt, and that pushed him over the edge. 

A couple years of ridicule followed by a visit to a sports doctor when my breasts started growing. T levels were extremely low for a 'boy', so testosterone treatments started and I was enrolled in every type of sports available. 

Some parents just don't get it. They would prefer their children to be pushed into one of two gender boxes of 'their' preference regardless of where nature is naturally calling the child. 

Perhaps that's the "Texas way', or the "old fashioned way'. It's not really the term used that is important.

In reality, my father could have easily embraced me as his daughter and been just as happy. I do have half of that equipment below. My birth certificate must of been a coin toss determination, "it has testes, so we'll call it male" kind of moment.

3 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Wow.  I know folks don't like us in my state, but I can't imagine somebody randomly saying that to my face here.  We've got our nasty people too, but most of them at least keep their mouths closed.

I have been forcibly groped by another participant at the day-centre. He reached over and grabbed one of my boobs and squeezed saying, "I'm just seeing if those are real." 

Staff barely said much at all to him afterwards. 

He also sits back looking down my shirt if I lean over sometimes. But will tell me to my face I'm an embarrassment. 

6 hours ago, Birdie said:

He also sits back looking down my shirt if I lean over sometimes. But will tell me to my face I'm an embarrassment.

Sounds like he has that backwards.

image.thumb.jpeg.148ef17c22aa493c06f933f486ccdf77.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

He reached over and grabbed one of my boobs and squeezed saying, "I'm just seeing if those are real." 

If someone ever did that to me,the staff would be saying, "I'll call an ambulance for you" to him.

I have been forcibly groped by another participant at the day-centre. He reached over and grabbed one of my boobs and squeezed saying, "I'm just seeing if those are real." 

24 minutes ago, KathyLauren said:

If someone ever did that to me,the staff would be saying, "I'll call an ambulance for you" to him.

Wow.  I guess in Texas they basically approve of assault?  That's nuts.  I may not be particularly aggressive, but I tend to bite if I'm handled improperly or without consent. 

The anti-trans zealots are moving like lightning to eradicate our very existence. If the US election takes a decided turn towards embracing these zealots, I am fearful of what we will face. Too many US states and a number of other countries  seem to be ready to walk all over our dead bodies. How long before someone legitimizes our elimination? Polarizing events, while they can provide a moment of glee for us, may have repercussions we neither count on, nor want.