• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Love Conquers All - Major Milestone!!

Charleigh Dakota

For those of you who know a bit about the troubled past between my mother and I over the past 48 years should really understand why I posted this!! But I still hope those that do not see this and know that no matter what....Love Conquers All....in time.

This is me...Charleigh, my 8 year old Son (Todays his birthday!!) and my 72 yr old Momma!! Today was the first time she ever met Charleigh since I came out to her.....I was soooo sacred...but it went beautifully!!.....I am so very happy!!!  Real Love really does trump everything!! 

IMG_9069.jpg

• Forum Moderator
33 minutes ago, Charlie Dakota said:

I am so very happy!!!  Real Love really does trump everything!! 

That's great Charlie, and happy Birthday to your son.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

I have a son from a previous relationship whom turned 26 last week.He was 5 years old When I started living and dressing as female.Taught him I am the same person but much happier.He loves me as his dad still and supporting me through my transition.Said all he wants is see me me happy.

5 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

That's great Charlie, and happy Birthday to your son.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thank you @Mmindy!! It was great for us both!!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your kind words...yall are such a blessing to me!! Love you all!! ❤️ 

That's awesome, Charleigh. And your mother's health as well. Great news all around. Blessings to you all.

• 4 weeks later...

Sad update....my mother retracted back into her Preachers Wife shell and now I am not allowed to come to her home dressed as anything other than the child they raised....as a BOY....so yup...we have not spoken since. I was wondering how long that would take....as they say, some things are just too good to be true!!

• Forum Moderator

I'm so sorry that she has done this. Especially if she claimed to support you at one time or another.

I have a sister who has disowned me, and I understand her stance. This is totally on a different level. Being rejected by one's mother is so much tougher.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

I'm so sorry! I consider myself lucky to at least have my mom. My dad hasn't talked to me.

Thank you @Ashley0616 and @Mmindy but tbh it didnt hurt....it has always been one thing or another she rejected me for my entire life so I was completely prepared for this....But I sleep good at night because I know I did my part and she can only blame herself. I have my beautiful and amazing wife/best friend, all three of my children and my friends here and IRL....I dont need or want anything from her or anyone like her....and my wife and I are teaching our 8 year old the lessons from all this too and assuring him/her that he/she will never have to worry about that with us (I think he may actually be trans also...just fyi). Way I see it is..."You cant lose what you never had"...and "no love is better than forced love."..but thanks again yall....love ya!!

More power to you @Charleigh Dakota!

Although it is disappointing that your mother has gone back to her narrow-minded ways, you have plenty of support from the people who are more important to you. You'll be right!

14 hours ago, Mirrabooka said:

More power to you @Charleigh Dakota!

Although it is disappointing that your mother has gone back to her narrow-minded ways, you have plenty of support from the people who are more important to you. You'll be right!

Awww  **Hugs**  <3