• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Do you like having a daily routine?

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

Do you like having a daily routine?

No I like just going with the flow unless it's something like laundry, dishes or spending time with my kids. 

• Admin

I start out the day in almost the same way every day.  Then as the day gets going (after about 10:00 a.m.) it can vary widely.  I do try to get in 30-40 minutes of brisk walking every day, if the weather is decent.

Carolyn Marie

routines honestly depress me. I would rather get up of a morning and just go with the flow rather than being tied down with doing certain things at certain times in a certain order.

as long as I'm dressed by 9:00,, I'm good- but because of my insomnia, I am usually dressed way before that anyway (by 4:30 A.M today)

I am very much a Routine person ... and find that is both a benefit and hindrance sometimes.  But over the last 4 years of my transition it has provided some comfort and foundation.

I did recently 'transition' from be a late-to-bed/rise person to an early-to-bed/rise -- I have found I really enjoy the way it is now, and it allows me more of the Day to break out of my Routine and do other things.

Yes and no.  Some aspects of my life are routine.  Others...I go with the flow.  Part of that is because of my role in my family.  I fill in and pick up tasks when one of my partners isn't able to do them.  Flexibility is built in.