• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.Ā  Join today!

Erection post orchiectomy - Help, she's rearing her head again

swallow

Hi everyone,

Ā 

(Hope I am not flouting any community rules here, let me know if so please)šŸ˜¬

Ā 

It seems I've taken a year off (Its been busy) now since I last posted (How time flies)šŸ˜®

Ā 

Sorry to expose on private matters...

Ā 

I've recently had an orchiectomy (about 6 months++ ago or last July). I feel quite liberated with only the missy still needing the tuck now.

Ā 

My doctor has also been happy with my (VERY low) T levels and my estrogen is way in the female range. So we took out the Spiro and reduced my Estrogen intake to absolute minimal. We are trialing this for 3 months, I will check my levels next month to see if there are any differences.

Ā 

With all that, I was hoping for a reduction in the size of the missy down there but thus far she looks fairly similar to before (she isn't by any means large but she isn't categorically petite either)

Ā 

Recently, I have had a couple of mornings where she has risen (undesirably!)Ā šŸ¤Ø

Ā 

So my two questions :

Ā 

1) Is this normal to be able to have erection(s) after an orchi? I have to qualify of course this has been an infrequent event but still...it perturbs me considerably.šŸ˜„

2) Could this be bc I dialed back on the E too soon?

Ā 

And following on from this has anyone found benefit remaining with a higher dose of E for a stretch after an orchi to further any feminization or reduction of activity below?šŸ¤”

Ā 

I could be mistaken of course but I don't seem to recall as much 'activity' when I was on the slightly higher dose... but my doctor said there should still be little activity now anyway since I do not have the naughty pair anymore...

Ā 

Am I allowed to ask these things? I've done so anyway silly me but just curious if anyone has any similar experiences?

Ā 

I was dearly hoping she would just shrink like a violet and reduce to somewhat near pre-pubescent minimum šŸ™as at the moment, I am not considering any further intervention down there (I was hoping to live with her in an odd couple modus vivendi)šŸ˜

Ā 

Maybe I am being entirely impatient?šŸ˜’

Ā 

Respectfully

Ā 

Swallow

• Admin

I did not have my orchiectomy until the time of my GCS /Ā  Vaginoplasty, but while I was 6 months on E, I did have "wet dreams" that finally ended up quitting after a couple of real dillies that actually put me on the floor from the bunk from a night panic.Ā  I would definitely let your Endo or Urologist know about this though.Ā  What you are describing is not common, but not unknown.

• Forum Moderator

I didn't have an orchie as such, but of course an orchie is part of vaginoplasty or vulvoplasty, which I did have.Ā  Even though my external part has been removed, the erectile tissue that is left internally is still fully functional.Ā  Things have settled down for me now, four years later, but I frequently used to get "erections" that felt exactly like they used to with my original equipment.Ā  I am still likely to get one every 26 days or so.Ā  šŸ˜®

• Admin
4 minutes ago, KathyLauren said:

Even though my external part has been removed, the erectile tissue that is left internally is still fully functional.Ā 

Ā 

Very true in my case as well, I should have mentioned.

Hi and thanks for the feedback!

Ā 

I guess I am a bit disassociated with her (or at least I thought for a while I could be)šŸ™„

Ā 

Honestly I have not even really even looked down there since my operation.

Ā 

So maybe its just a way of getting my attention.

Ā 

I like to cope by thinking of myself as a sort of special hybrid creature (I'm Sagittarius) but sometimes, it's just hard when the unwanted activity brings about feelings you prefer not to have.šŸ˜”

Ā 

Hopefully I will receive good news on my levels with the blood works next month.šŸ˜