• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello, And Thank God/dess...

Guest Yeshe

Guest Yeshe

Hi all, i joined because reading the posts I saw what a great suppotive site this is. I am a biological female that has always attracted transsexuals, since high school. If there is a MTF/FTM/ bi/gay/"take your pic" in the room ,I will end up hanging out with them - and I love you ALL! I guess it is because I tend to look deeper at the person, vs. the outer "role", including gender, that is being displayed. You are some of the most amazing people on this planet, as you have the courage to truly be yourselves! Congratulations!

Over the years, I have had several partners that later came out of the closet, often within the next relationship after separating from them, go figure?! My last relationship, which I am still processing on many levels, just 7 months out, was with a male, initially, who decided to transition 3 years ago. We were together a total of 18 years, met when I was 24. She started transitioning at 41. I was fully supportive. The first year was fun and exciting, although the pronoun change was way more difficult than I thought it would be! Sex was great - even better, actually, as her femininity started blossoming. The big issue became the HRT - in more ways than one. To start out, she told me one day that she wanted to start HRT. I told her I was very concerned because of possible side effects of the hormones and that she should work with a doctor. She then told me that she had already started, 2 months ago, and was following a protocol off of the internet after doing research. I objected strongly, but she is a very strong-willed person and I knew, especially since she already started, that was that.

The second year things started changing, swiftly, as we were now on the hormonal emotional roller-coaster ride. I won't go into details here (maybe another post if it would be helpful to others to hear someone else's experience). When the hurricane passed, last January, we were separated (in contact only via email and text) and I am just now putting what was left of my life in some kind of order. I still love her very much (which most of my friends, including therapists, don't understand) and she will always have a special place in my heart even though we cannot be in physical proximity.

I am here to find community, a place to talk to others who understand and may offer some insight, and to share any insights I gained from my own experience. It's not an easy road to travel, but at least we have this amzing means to communicate so that we all know we are not alone.

Guest Leigh

welcome to the site,

very interesting story, i'm sure that some of those in the SOs forums would be much better able to answer your questions than i could.

there should be someone here to offer cookies or snacks soon.

see you around.

peace

leigh

Guest jamielynn

Welcome,I came out to my SO early this year and just this week we told our 12yo daughter and that has been such a big burden lifted that I can at least be myself even if it is only in the house.I have been thinking about HRT but that may cause problems not only in our relationship but a whole list of other things.So welcome to the group Huggs Jamie :rolleyes:

Guest Donna Jean

Hello, Sweetie!

Welcome to the Playground!

It's so very nice to meet you!

Hey, I just took some oatmeal/rasin muffins out of the oven....want one?

And a cup of coco, too.....ok?

My wife is a real honey...I don't know what I'd do without her!

Married 30 years this Fall....

I'm MTF and transitioning and our plans are to stay together...I try to keep her up to date and involved in everything that I do...

Sweetheart....sometimes it can work......

There are other S'O,s (Special Ones) here that you can talk with and can benefit from your experience!

Thank you for being the sweet person that you are, too....

BIGG HUGG

Donna Jean

Guest Alyssa Leigh

Welcome to the playground everyone is so nice here so make yourself at home and explore what ever interests you and ask any questions.

Alyssa L

Guest Elizabeth K

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Like Donna Jean - my wife is supportive and it is a wonder! She will stay with me through 'death do us part." And I am so glad to see you here - it's a sad thing to lose a loved one like you did, but I think you are the winner there in many ways as you got to see some 'true colors." It is a terrible thing to be transitioning and then lose a partner, so I suspect this person will someday realize what a pearl you are, and what she lost!

And it is somewhat rare to have a sympathetic person here who is not gender dysphoric, and we will do anything we can to help you! I am seven months into HRT - but legal and within all guidelines. My wife and I are also in the care of therapists. It is the only safe way to go, and you are right about the dangers of taking hormones bought off the internet and based upon internet advice - yikes.

So look around and ask questions. And make comments when you feel comfortable. We are VERY non-judgemental - and really, we value your opinions - especially someone familiar with the gender dysphoria condition.

And remember after 5 posts you can PM (private message) anyone. I would be happy to speak with you if you need someone... having been through some of what you mention.

Lizzy

Welcome to the playground, it is home to a lot of us who did not have supportive SOs, some like mine who never gave it a chance.

You are a little different from most of our SOs - you are seperated but still in love with your MTF and that is very rare.

We generally aren't the ones who leave but notghing is the same for everyone.

I am so glad that you feel close to this community - you have seen the truth about us, we are people and we have hearts, minds and souls just like everyone else.

If more people viewd us as people there wouldn't be so much pressure on us or the SOa and more partnerships would survive.

Welcome to the family.

Love ya,

Sally