• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Buying A Binder In Secret

Guest Neuro

Guest Neuro

I want to buy a binder off of a site like this: http://www.t-kingdom.com/shopping/english/...0_english.shtml

But--I cannot use paypal because my parents will find out.

I remember someone said using a Visa giftcard can work, is this true? Can I apply for one in the store without my parents knowing?

I would like to buy one, maybe two. But they have to be about 30$ maximum price.... maybe only a little higher. What do you think the best module would be for someone who is about small A-cup, fairly skinny (like 100lbs)? Anyone have experience with that?

And--they come in the mail as a normal package, not something suspicious right?

I really need one >_> wearing 2 sports bras and a tanktop is not working very well...... aheh.

So, if anyone has any tips for a dummy who wants to shop secretly they will be appreciated ^^ thank you very much.

--Michael

Guest praisedbeherhooves

I don't know how you can find a binder in secret but before I bought my binder I used a very tight sports bra and tons of layers. I combined a vest with an open hoodie and that concealed my breasts perfectly. I hope that helps.

Guest Cody_T

I'll let someone more knowledgeable than I tell you about the gift cards, but I'm pretty sure they'd work, and you can buy them everywhere.

What I would recommend is that you check out underworks if you're concerned about cost, since all of their binders are cheaper than the one you linked to, and most of t-kingdom's were more expensive than that one too.

As for what you should get... I have a friend who's similar to you in weight and chest size and he liked the double compression. Make sure it's small enough though, or it won't really do anything. The one advantage to t-kingdom is that they tend to run smaller than underworks, since it can be hard to find the right size. I'm a medium/large in real life and then a small/medium in underworks. Measure your chest to see if it'll fit, and if it's not within that range, then look for smaller.

Underworks is nondescript and just in a basic cardboard envelope, no idea about t-kingdom.

Guest Evan_J

I don't know about gift cards first hand (probably would work is all I can say) but I definately can 100% say the prepay ones where you can reload it from Rite Aid do work and although I never ordered anything from Tkingdom, underworks package is "completely nondescrip" so tkingdoms prolly is as well. Good ordering to you :)

Guest Zabrak

YUP! I don't have a visa because I don't have a job right now. Schools paying me to go to school...lol

I buy everything I want online with a visa gift card WHEN I have money. Its simple - buy it from a conner store, then use it like a normal credit card. They just have very small limits like 20$ or 50$(and you cut them up and throw them out once you reach the limit). I've used them four times now. :)

Guest Keane

See if you can email Tkingdom or call them and ask about the Visa cards. Or even better just get a cashiers check at a currency exchange or something. You might have to pay like 75 cents for them to make it but theres no activation fee or anything like that and there's no age limit. Thats what I did ordering from Underworks.

You could try getting sports bras that are really tight, like ones meant for running i think. That's what i was going to try on my off days of binding. Layers also help, zip up hoodies are magical and I heard button down shirts help with passing too.

Guest Leigh

Michael, have you looked at the big brother binders program?

the package just looks like an ebay purchase (you could pretend it was some anime or something if you're parents ask...)

and i'd be willing to let you use my paypal for that.

i'm not sure what the underworks or t-kingdom packages look like...

i have to warn you about those visa "gift cards" though. there is a monthly fee of 6 bucks for 12 months, and you have to pay to cancel it if you don't do it in the first 30 days...

PM me if you want to talk about big brothers... no one should be without a proper binder.

peace&love

leigh

Guest Zabrak

the package just looks like an ebay purchase (you could pretend it was some anime or something if you're parents ask...)

i have to warn you about those visa "gift cards" though. there is a monthly fee of 6 bucks for 12 months, and you have to pay to cancel it if you don't do it in the first 30 days...

PM me if you want to talk about big brothers... no one should be without a proper binder.

peace&love

leigh

I never got a fee. It only charges you 6$ of you haven't spent the money in a month, and it never overspends your card. So if you have 2$'s left at the end of the month it'll only take 2$ off.

This is in Canada, though. Not sure if the US have more 'hefty' fees then us Canadians.

Guest Neuro

Hmmmm, so maybe the smallest size at underworks will work...? I'll have to research on that.

Big Brothers binding program? I don't think I've heard of that before. I will have to try and see about the gift cards first, and then look into it (bank accounts are confusing XD)

--Michael

Guest Leigh
Hmmmm, so maybe the smallest size at underworks will work...? I'll have to research on that.

Big Brothers binding program? I don't think I've heard of that before. I will have to try and see about the gift cards first, and then look into it (bank accounts are confusing XD)

--Michael

let me know what you decide.

http://www.thetransitionalmale.com/BBUB.html

check it out.

peace&love

leigh

Guest _Michael

With an A Cup you might be able to get away with doing the stocking trick (put your head through the crotch of a pair of stockings, put your arms through the legs and cut the legs off, then fold it over a couple of times).

Here's info on the big brothers binder program:

http://www.thetransitionalmale.com/Binders.html

I think you can also get a money order from the post office - it's like a safe way of sending cash in the mail. I'm sure if you asked the guys at T kingdom or at Underworks (which I highly recommend), they would be willing to work with you on that. :)

Good luck man.

Guest MrAwesome

yes you can do it. and you don't need a paypal account to do it through paypal. at 18 you can prolly get a regular credit card without parents knowing. You're 18 now, you're parents don't need to know squat!!

Guest AllisonD
yes you can do it. and you don't need a paypal account to do it through paypal. at 18 you can prolly get a regular credit card without parents knowing. You're 18 now, you're parents don't need to know squat!!

If you get a credit card, you will also get bills mailed to your home. I don't know anything about binders, but I do know that a postal money order is inexpensive, accepted everywhere, and if you discard your receipt there will be no trace that you bought (or spent) one.

Allison

Guest Leigh

i really doubt that Michael would be able to get a credit card since he's not yet employed...

but the pre-payed credit card could work if the fees aren't too daunting...

peace&love

leigh

Guest AllisonD
i really doubt that Michael would be able to get a credit card since he's not yet employed...

but the pre-payed credit card could work if the fees aren't too daunting...

peace&love

leigh

Are you kidding? My mom's dog gets credit card offers in the mail. Seriously! I have no idea how a dog gets on a list for credit card companies.

Guest StrandedOutThere
If you get a credit card, you will also get bills mailed to your home. I don't know anything about binders, but I do know that a postal money order is inexpensive, accepted everywhere, and if you discard your receipt there will be no trace that you bought (or spent) one.

Allison

Not anymore!! I have gone paperless. My bank and credit cards rarely, if ever, mail stuff to my house now. For the occasional piece of mail, he could probably just say that it was a credit card offer and not anything real. At 18, he will probably start getting them pretty soon. I did.

That being said, for stealth, the prepaid Visa is king. You can use it over the internet like any other credit card.

Michael, how will your parents find out about PayPal? I'd think that'd be more secret than anything.

For the big brothers used binders thing, just go get a money order for the shipping. You can get money orders at the bank, post office, and a lot of convenience stores have them too.

Guest Neuro

XD; I can't get a credit card, I will surely screw that up and end up in debt. *is bad with money, paperwork, reading, everything*

Paypal you have to go to the bank to transfer money, and without a car or (well really) a bank account of my own, I have to use my parents accout (jesus with every post I make I sound more and more lame and pathetic god I should be shot!)

But, I think I can try the prepaid Visa gift card sometime this month if I am allowed to leave the house (like a gerbil from it's cage lol)

c:<

--Michael

Guest StrandedOutThere

Sounds like the prepaid Visa is your best option. I forgot how PayPal was a pain. I saw the prepaid Visas at Walgreen's. Do you live near enough to stores that you could walk?

Guest Martin

Being in a restrictive environment doesn't make you sound lame. Probably the prepaid card is your best bet for now, but I'd suggest looking into getting a bank account if you ever have sizable amount of cash (say, $100 or more?). With a bank account, you can earn interest on your money - and most checking accounts don't cost anything. Then once you have a lot more money or a job, apply for a credit card. As long as you pay them back IN FULL EVERY MONTH, they shouldn't cost anything either and they can let you earn rewards. More importantly, they help you build credit. And good credit is, well, a good thing. I don't know your parents, but many parents are supportive of their children doing this because it helps their children in the long run, so they'd probably even give you a ride to the bank. At 18, you shouldn't need a co-signer or anything.