• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Will Estrogen Make Me Able To Cry?

Guest Soph

Guest skyy

i think i agree with laura. it really is a combination. i do cry at a lot of the stories on here, and i do so even more now that i'm on hormones. it seems to be a lot of things that contribute to crying.

Guest van-na

Everyone's body chemistry is different , but estrogen tends to make most people more emotional.

As a persons becomes more emotional they usually will cry more easily.

I tend to cry allot over silly little things, and I have gotten to where I actually love to cry.

My favorite time to cry is like over a movie that touches my heart.

I have read that one of the reasons that women tend to live longer that men is because they cry more.

So don't be afraid to cry your eyes out, you'll feel better afterward.

:wub: vanna

Guest Christy.dancer
I start hormones the 20th. Have a session set up and everything. Funny how since its so close it seems to be taking forever >_<

But what I want to know is this: Will estrogen make me able to cry? There is a distinct difference between that and will estrogen make me cry more, because as it is I am largely unable to cry. I can look at a situation and say, "Well, i certainly should be crying right now, but I just can't". And its not any kind of conscious emotional deterrent that inhibits me. Rather it seems to be a physical inability to cry. I know, I have some bad emotional expression problems, right?

I'm pretty sure I'm not completely alone there, though (hope, at least).

So for those who were rather emotionally limited before, did estrogen make them able to cry? I really want to be able to... Matter of fact, I wouldn't mind crying all the time :P

I MAY BE the reverse side of the coin, but for different reasons. Before transitioning, I used to cry a lot, but I was almost constantly being treated for depression. Since coming to grips with my gender issues, and starting my transition, I've really been pretty "un-depressed" most of the time!

Yeah, I cry a little, but like at a wedding or watching Michael Jackson's funeral.

Guest CharlieRose
Watch Dane Cook's bit about crying ("A Vicious Circle") he actually explains it very well :lol:

Lol.

And Neil! That pretty much sounds like me. I could listen to the soundtrack of an emotional part of a movie and it can bring me to tears. I'm not even watching it happen but thinking about it makes me well up. Not even emotional, just intense. Like "Borat was such a good movie! *gasps like Dane Cook*" Ok, so I never cried at Borat. But I have cried at other things that I would rather not mention or think about. So ready for T.

Guest My_Genesis
Lol Dan cook. I like the 'three things everyone will do'.

lol, it's funny cuz i wonder if he took that from personal experience (the crying part i mean) :huh:

Guest rachael1

I cry ocassionaly, sometimes whilst watching something emotionally moving on TV. I have been known to cry when I hear about something sad occuring to some poor unfortunate. I cry for lots of reasonas I find it releases built up tensions and stress leaving me feel more composed and happier afterwards.

Im not on HRT if I was i think i would go through a lot of tissues

Rachael

Guest NatalieRene
hahaha! :lol:

I kinda feel the way Zab does...I'm not taking T but I tend to get angry about stuff, sometimes the urge to cry comes and passes so quickly it just doens't happen..and sometimes i feel like crying but if i do it doesn't last long enough to become like..an all-out cry.. which kinda sucks and i sometimes wonder if that's healthy, cuz i have a really bad temper and theres really nothing i do about it except wait for it to pass. lol.

Yeah that's the testosterone doing it's thing. I swear to god sometimes it's like having the hulk come ripping out of you and generally speaking it's a bad idea to let your anger have free range because it will do something stupid and get you in deep doodoo (don't know if I can say the actual word here). Plus too much anger will send your blood pressure through the roof and you will have a stroke. I suggest using breathing exercises to help mitigate your anger because it will short circuit the bodies automatic response of aggression.

Guest julia_d

I cry less now.. but that's probably because I have had to toughen up and take on the world. Estrogen makes me feel much happier.. I don't know what I would do without it. It's my rock and my stability in a world of turmoil.

Guest My_Genesis
Plus too much anger will send your blood pressure through the roof and you will have a stroke. I suggest using breathing exercises to help mitigate your anger because it will short circuit the bodies automatic response of aggression.

Yeah I kinda worry about that b/c my resting heart rate is pretty high (in the normal range but very much on the high side). BP is usually okay but i mean I'm onyl 19 and one of my friends told me im gonna die by the time im 40, when i told her my heart rate (shes a bit of a health/exercise/diet freak though) :rolleyes:

thinking about it, to add to what i said...i think i mentioned before that i have never actually cried while watching a movie. there are a few movies where at some points i felt like crying, but couldn't actually make it happen (and didn't really care to try anyway) :P

so idk if that means anything. most guys i watch movies with don't seem to be internally affected emotionally by movies, unless they are just really good at hiding it :P

Guest Jennifer1
I start hormones the 20th. Have a session set up and everything. Funny how since its so close it seems to be taking forever >_<

But what I want to know is this: Will estrogen make me able to cry? There is a distinct difference between that and will estrogen make me cry more, because as it is I am largely unable to cry. I can look at a situation and say, "Well, i certainly should be crying right now, but I just can't". And its not any kind of conscious emotional deterrent that inhibits me. Rather it seems to be a physical inability to cry. I know, I have some bad emotional expression problems, right?

I'm pretty sure I'm not completely alone there, though (hope, at least).

So for those who were rather emotionally limited before, did estrogen make them able to cry? I really want to be able to... Matter of fact, I wouldn't mind crying all the time :P

I almost cry over everything now that ive been on hormones whether it be my favorite character dying in a book or pure frustration. Its so wonderful i love it.

Guest Zabrak
swear to god sometimes it's like having the hulk come ripping out of you and generally speaking it's a bad idea to let your anger have free range because it will do something stupid and get you in deep doodoo (don't know if I can say the actual word here). Plus too much anger will send your blood pressure through the roof and you will have a stroke. I suggest using breathing exercises to help mitigate your anger because it will short circuit the bodies automatic response of aggression.

When I first started T WOW was it hard to get my aggression under control. Its nothing like femme anger either. Femme anger is more mixed with 'sadness' and 'out of control emotion'. Well T it seems like it is JUST aggressive behavior and thought. You put it right, it is simply "HULK SMASH".

I'm better now, I guess it was just because I wasn't use to it that it was hard to deal with at first.

Guest Donna Jean

Crying.......

The hormones have done a number on me, for sure....

Now during an argument...instead of yelling back and defending myself, I tend to roll into a ball and cry my eyes out...

Just noticed this recently because I hadn't been in a dissagreement in a while...

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Evan_J
Crying.......

The hormones have done a number on me, for sure....

Now during an argument...instead of yelling back and defending myself, I tend to roll into a ball and cry my eyes out...

Just noticed this recently because I hadn't been in a dissagreement in a while...

Huggs

Donna Jean

:( Don't do that. I can't handle the whole woman crying thing. Even when it has nothing to do with me and I ain't there ( :lol: )

<--ex wife was a "roll in a ball, cry her eyes out"-er. I actually think she did it more though cuz she knew it was an "out" <_< Whatever you do, just don't go get in bed and pull a sheet over your head :rolleyes:

Guest CharlieRose
When I first started T WOW was it hard to get my aggression under control. Its nothing like femme anger either. Femme anger is more mixed with 'sadness' and 'out of control emotion'. Well T it seems like it is JUST aggressive behavior and thought. You put it right, it is simply "HULK SMASH".

I'm better now, I guess it was just because I wasn't use to it that it was hard to deal with at first.

I'm curious to see how this will affect me, 'cause I've never been an aggressive person at all. It can be difficult to get me angry, too, well, except for my family members, they can annoy me rather easily. But other people... My ex thought I'd like, attack people intellectually or something, like engage them in arguments and bring them down when I wouldn't normally, lol. I haven't noticed any of that yet, but it has only been 4 days.

• 1 month later...

My crying spells went away when I adjusted to Hormones, although now I am alot weaker and all.

The people I sometimes meet make me WANT to cry, but they usually have inserted themselves into

my Transgendered decision to Transition without me really knowing anything about their character Defects or

all the mistakes they have made---an easy target for MEN who can't confront the other MEN who make them

feel weak inside--causing them to lash out at people they perceive as weaker than themselves.

Because if they care so much about what people are doing they'd pick some more numerous targets that

are affecting everyone's way of life. Perhaps the day will come when society has new people to mess with?

I'm sure it is just a generalized thing--everyone needs someone to blame their problems on.

It does hurt having to defend myself...but i guess I already pointed out, the idea is ready made for my critics as

they can pounce on all the information or ideas that can be gathered on me as a transsexual

But I can't isolate one of their habits, behaviors, defects, addictions, ways of abusing people, speeding, stealing,

lying, wife-beating, children who won't speak to them, voted for criminal politicians who bankrupted their city.

"Don't dish it out if you can't take it" my mother says to me...

All the small people are the ones who get dished out at....

If your going to be a BULLY

go after someone who isn't so fragile and sensitive

fight off some of the people as sociopathic as yourself

Have a "king of the sociopath/Psychopath contest"

just my thoughts on being a target of "circular" attacks by "Transgender Critics"

who should be at least somewhat aware that if i have taken hormones and plan to have SRS,

it's probably TOO LATE to say anything, constructive or otherwise...

the one about me being in LIMBO was the best

LIMBO to what

alcoholism?

feelings of wanting to die?

often times, angry people hate to see someone free

it angers people who have no Joy or Love

to see others having a good time or trying to do good

because it reflects back to them what a rotten person they are

and they can't stand it, and lash out in anger as they know they need to change their

INSIDES on a subconcious level

and they deflect this insight by dwelling on other people's outsides or anything they can find to attack

to get a little "make me feel better". ;)

Caitlin

Guest NatalieRene
Yeah I kinda worry about that b/c my resting heart rate is pretty high (in the normal range but very much on the high side). BP is usually okay but i mean I'm onyl 19 and one of my friends told me im gonna die by the time im 40, when i told her my heart rate (shes a bit of a health/exercise/diet freak though) :rolleyes:

thinking about it, to add to what i said...i think i mentioned before that i have never actually cried while watching a movie. there are a few movies where at some points i felt like crying, but couldn't actually make it happen (and didn't really care to try anyway) :P

so idk if that means anything. most guys i watch movies with don't seem to be internally affected emotionally by movies, unless they are just really good at hiding it :P

I'll cry at movies. I'm a complete softy. Im not even on HRT yet, but it's mostly because I'm empathetic.

Most men don't cry, they just are clueless and bored waiting for the next explosion. :P Ask most men what empathy means and you'll get a blank stare, thats why most men don't cry. :lol:

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

I don't have time to read this whole thread, so sorry if I'm repeating anything.

My dad and my brother are real emotional people. My brother cries any time he's having a little trouble with his girlfriend, and my dad cries when he's watching a touching commercial or anything like that. My mom very rarely cries. I insist I've never seen it, but my borther says I'm crazy and she does all the time (maybe he makes her cry).

When I was little, I used to cry a lot from anxiety, but over time, I've learned to ignore my anxiety (which I'm told is bad), and I just never cry. Now, every once in a while, I get the sting in my eyes and nose like I'm about to cry, but it never amounts to anything. I think at some point in my childhood, I emotionally detached myself from the world just to cope with my intense, random anxieties.

I'm not afraid to cry. I just don't. It'd be nice to, though.