• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Therapist Today!

Guest Eth

I saw my therapist for the first time today and it was great! I'm going again next week!!

FINALLY

That first big step is over- just getting the therapist. She was awesome, and very smart, empathetic and experienced. She's been doing this for ten years and she's 57 years old. She told me she has written many letters of recommendation for hormones and is very experienced in that regard.

She was fun to talk to and we really got along well. This first session we just got to know each other and I shared a little of my life's story. Of course for all of you that really know much about that you'll know we were barely able to scratch the surface in only an hour XD but that's why there's several more sessions coming up. This is great, I am SO happy that this is finally here. She said she will also need to work with my doctor to get me set up for x-rays and most likely blood work to check for any obvious intersexed conditions (just to make sure) and things like that. Since my doctor is cool about this too (always asks me how much progress I've made every time I visit (and now I'll have something to tell him!)) that should be fun and not too bad (yeah, blood work.. so much fun!) XD. Well I guess I'd better get over my needle phobia now rofl.

With someone like her, I am pretty sure I have a good shot at hormones. I am so excited and almost can't wait XD. She was also very open and honest and told me all the basic rules (like if I'm suicidal right now she has to report it by law) but she also said that if I ever say anything that she legally has to report, she will talk to me beforehand so that my dad doesn't hear from some other source, but instead I get to decide how to tell him. I thought that was really cool of her. She also seems to be very supportive of me being open and expressing myself as much as I can. She likes the idea of me getting my hair styled the way I want and things like that. For all the things that I said my dad can't currently handle/won't let me do, she said "we'll work on that" so it sounds like she wants to help me as much as possible in as many ways as possible. This should be a lot of fun!

-inhales- -exhales-

愛 Eth

Guest Zabrak

Eth I've been very worried about you(always the worry wart in the conner). You're so very smart and full of kindness. I'm really happy to see you taking small steps towards a more healthy life.

We are always happy to hear updates and support you here at Laura's.

Signed,

The weird guy in the conner. :P

that is great news, i'm happy for you, yay for colored text (random, i know, but i just noticed i'm not alone) i hope it goes well, therapists can be life-changing if they are good, and this one sounds good. best of luck to you

Hi Eth,

That is great news!

Sound like you got a good therapist, she actually sounds a lot like mine.

So look forward to having a friend rather than just a therapist and it makes things so much easier.

Love ya,

Sally

Congrats Eth on the therapist, i can tell how excited you are, be open and honest with her, i did weekly sessions in the beginning too, got referred to an Endo after 3 months, currently i do every other week, there just is not enough to talk about now on a weekly basis. I have a great relationship with my therapist, he's is like a good friend i would trust with my life, sounds like you will have that kind of relationship too.

HUGS!

Paula

Guest Donna Jean

Eth, Sweetie!

You go girl!

Good for you!

This is the kind of thing that I love to hear...progress being made!

You are on your path now, Hon....congratz!

Lotsa love!

Donna Jean

XD XD

I'm hyper and told my bf I can't wait for my next session (which I think is Wednesday this time) and I'm like "hmm... I'm probably gonna be all bouncy for the first few weeks... No... probably until I get my letter"... "Okay... and then until I get an endo who can actually give me my hormones..." ... "and then until the hormones take effect..." .....................

XD I'm so anxious.

愛 Eth

Guest NatalieRene
XD XD

I'm hyper and told my bf I can't wait for my next session (which I think is Wednesday this time) and I'm like "hmm... I'm probably gonna be all bouncy for the first few weeks... No... probably until I get my letter"... "Okay... and then until I get an endo who can actually give me my hormones..." ... "and then until the hormones take effect..." .....................

XD I'm so anxious.

愛 Eth

I can relate. Congratulations Eth. After my first session I couldn't sleep and ended up watching the sun rise I was so excited.

Just had dinner after coming back from my second session ^^

therapist: you should bring your step-mother sometime... sounds like someone I should meet.

Eth: okay. just don't tell her she's wrong. Last therapist we went to who told her she was wrong she demanded we never go to again.

therapist: Nevermind. I don't want to meet her anymore.

:lol:

愛 Eth

Guest Zabrak

Lol your mom sounds like mine. Three therapists have called her crazy and a addict. My mom says they where all crazy and never went back to them. :lol:

Lol your mom sounds like mine. Three therapists have called her crazy and a addict. My mom says they where all crazy and never went back to them. :lol:

Oh god... please don't call that thing my "mom"... she's my step-mother. X_X

愛 Eth

Guest ~Brenda~

My Sweet sweet Eth,

I am so glad that you are seeing a therapist at this point in your life and transitioning!!! Your happiness and hopefuleness is music to my ears hon.

I wish you all the best, and know that I love you and care about you!!!

HUGS

Brenda

• Admin

Eth, that is wonderful news. I am very happy for you. Sounds like you caught a keeper. I know just how you feel.

Carolyn Marie

Congratulations Eth, I think that you have a valubale friend and confidant.

Please don't let the svil one take her out of your life.

Love ya,

Sally

• 3 weeks later...

Okay... so after missing my therapist two weeks in a row (first my dad had a business meeting, then he FORGOT last week..) I finally went just yesterday.

We talked about suicide, basically. She needed to know about my past attempts, and things like that, since apparently the whole reason I was brought here was because of when my dad caught me trying to hang myself (nice to know THAT's what he cared about, not that I'm gender dysphoric?... at least he got me the right therapist, I guess). So we talked about it, and I told her everything (which was a little difficult, partly emotionally, and partly because it's hard to cover ALL my attempts in an hour long session...) and well, she told me she can't help me if I am suicidal, so I have to not be suicidal before she'll help me. I told her I still have thoughts but I'm in control of myself and don't act on any of them. She said that's good. So we'll see... And this is only my third session sooooooo yeah.

She also said that my age could be a problem, being 15 and all. She apparently has no problem writing letters for those under 18, but says that it could be difficult to find a willing endocrinologist, even if they are LGBT-friendly and help transgender patients who are 18/21 or older. She said that, because of that, I might have to "live as a woman without those for awhile longer". ... I don't think I can do that. The second she thinks she's willing to write a letter for me, I want them. I know that's unrealistic, but I will seriously fight tooth and nail to find an endocrinologist who'll help me. I NEED this NOW, it tears me apart to wait at all... I can't wait longer....

So yeah....

愛 Eth