• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good Things About Being Mtf

Guest Elizabeth K

Guest Elizabeth K

I say an excellent TOPIC in the FTM Forum and thought we needed one too.

It is titled Good Things About Being Ftm, Just trying to look on the brightside.

I know we are going one direction and FTM are going the opposite way. BUT we have some characteristics that being in a male body since birth that may be a plus in transitioning and in romantic relationships as women.

As a tall T-girl, I see me needing to present more as a model, than as a a regular woman. But I will have to duck through doors if I wear heels!

I know how to put gasoline in a car, and more importantly, how to check the oil levels! BUT now I can simply ask a man to do it for me!

This should be fun! Please be positive and don't bash men - well, not tooooo hard!

hee hee

Lizzy

Guest Zabrak

It was good but it wasn't all correct - I just wanted to point it out. I personally was slightly insulted by it but thats my own issues.

You know, most female models are very tall. :P For those tall mtfs.

Guest NatalieRene
It was good but it wasn't all correct - I just wanted to point it out. I personally was slightly insulted by it but thats my own issues.

You know, most female models are very tall. :P For those tall mtfs.

Most of those models are also vastly underweight and unrealistic in the portrayal of the average famale figure. :huh:

Guest NatalieRene
Yes, but being tall looks nice on females, this was the point of saying that. :huh:

:lol: Sorry don't mind me. I just don't like the idea of having to compare myself to a model. lol I feel like I would end up with a eating disorder if I tried to emulate them fully.

Going into a garage and and knowing when they are trying to cheat you.

Knowing exactly what a man means when he tells you something.

Knowing how to hook up a stereo (only if a man isn't available).

Being aware that men really cannot hear you when they are watching sports.

Finally being who you re!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest NatalieRene
Not trying to be the downer, but I don't really think there are good things about being MTF.

Would you prefer to live out the ret of your days as you where born? This is one of those things only you know the answer too. There is no wrong answer as long as it is right for you.

Guest April63

What I'm trying to say is, what's so good about the T? Wouldn't it be better to just be M or F? Are there really any good things about being MTF versus M or F?

Guest Rosie2012
What I'm trying to say is, what's so good about the T? Wouldn't it be better to just be M or F? Are there really any good things about being MTF versus M or F?

Of course there is.

We have an insight in life that genetic women don't get. He have been males before and understand many things that most women simply wouldn't get in a life time.

That in itself is a great advantage... now, of course I would have loved to have been born a genetic woman because I'd be able to have children naturally among other things.

But I wans't, so I always gotta find the particle of light in the vast darkness.

Guest NatalieRene

Ah I see what you're getting at. Not there is nothing good about need to go through the first part of the life out of sync and the transition period is something that seems very scary. But I'll tell you this that T gives me the ability to get up in the morning and accept myself.

Guest CharlieRose

Sure. In other cultures, transgendered people are regarded as blessed, touched specially by God or whatever higher power. Two spirits were said to have the medicine of both men and women. Indian hijra, or transwomen, are said to have been given special powers by the gods.

That's one of the weird things about our society. There's no real third gender category. (Unlike in other cultures, like the ones previously mentioned) Everyone is supposed to do their best to squish themselves back into the binary. Even us transpeople sometimes regard ourselves as part of the binary. How many transmen have you heard saying, "I'm not a transsexual, I'm a MAN!" or some variant of that? (Or, transwomen, too. I've just noticed it more with transmen) Other cultures have a place for people like us because they recognize that our journey makes us unique. I went into it more in the FTM thread, but that's basically it. (Of course, I can only speak specifically about myself) But, yeah, even if we wish we weren't, we're special.

*steps off gender idea soapbox*

Guest 1Char

Knowing both sides, it is almost weird I think about how I'm almost a spy! That's how I looked at myself when I was in elementary school! Like a spy for the girls! Lolz kids are silly! I was silly!!

Guest ~Brenda~

What I think is so wonderful about being transgendered is that we all really get to experience life more fully than the binary gender set. I know that I cannot speak for all, but there are a lot of similarites between FTM and MTF. We have much more in common than differences. For example, we all have experienced living as our biological gender and passing well as our biological gender. We have all learned the subtleties of what it means to be our biological gender. We have all struggled with the knowledge, feeling that something is wrong. We begin to understand that we are not our biological gender, we are the opposite gender. We all then, in our own way, work on learning and understanding the gender that we know that we are. We work on mannerisms, attitude, looks, behaviors. We are all in the process of leaving our biological gender world behind with excited anticipation of a life as our real gender!! We take drastic measures to realize ourselves (HRT, RLE, SRS). We all get there one way or another!

In my view, we are the same, and we could learn so much from on another. FTMs could learn more about what it was like to be male from MTFs than on their own. MTFs could learn more about what it was like to live as female from our FTM bretheren. Personally, and I know this is a sensitive area, but if we cross pollinate our knowledge both FTMs and MTFs would benefit so much from each other.

We all have the experience of a lifetime!! We get to experience the ups, downs, joys, and letdowns of being both genders at various points in our lives.

HUGS to all my brothers and sisters

Brenda

Guest Paula :)

well, i'm enjoying having an intimate knowledge of how M and F people interpret everything, from written language to visual design elements. i find it amazing to re-interpret everything i see and hear, from nude paintings to books and movies. for me, the level of hormones (whether they be E, P or T) vastly effect the way I interpret things around me.

oh, and my brother is jealous of me for this (!).

:)

paula x

Guest (Lightsider)

Like I said in the last thread...we are endowed with a natural MORON FILTER. If they don't get it that you are really a girl or a guy....they are a moron. If they say you were Born a man... BZZZZZ Moron alert!

Guest Naomi Stardust

i would love to be a bio woman

but if i was born that way, i would not have the experiences i have had up til now and simply wouldn't be me

if i am going to learn to value myself then i have to accept my past as having value too

i would rather be mtf than just m

maybe some day i might consider being mtf better than f too

the good thing is being mtf allows me to live up to my full potential

if i didn't have this perspective, i wouldn't even be aware of my potential

i probably would not be nearly as artisticly inclined

and i believe (even though right now its tough) that inner strength and compassion comes in large part from enduring hardships

what could be harder than your own body betraying you?

if strength and compassion are good things

then being trans must be good because it cultivates good things

also

and most importantly

if i wasn't trans

i would have never known how good Sally's virtual chocolate chip cookies are :lol:

thats another good thing!

all the friends i've been meeting along this journey

and the improved relationship with the few people i've come out to so far

(which i'm grateful for! i know how unusual that can be, and i certainly didn't expect it)

we all know the hardships

thank you Lizzy for helping to focus on the positives

(and whoever started the ftm post)

you are what you think

Guest Emily Violet
Knowing both sides, it is almost weird I think about how I'm almost a spy! That's how I looked at myself when I was in elementary school! Like a spy for the girls! Lolz kids are silly! I was silly!!

lol that reminds me we had this thing in elementry school what we called the boy girl war lol it was just some boys and some girls who would try to bash on each other i was always on the girls side but i spied on the boys lol so innocent and once like 2o girls charged the jungle jim where all the boys were

lol a bit off topic but it was funny

Guest Elizabeth K

A wonder where this TOPIC has led! I know we have seen threads on being gender gifted, but as April brought up the question of is it even worthwhile to be MTF? The answers about being forced into a binary system (CharlieRose) really opened my eyes. Do we MTF really hate that? Do we wish we had been born female and never known the male? I would have loved being born a woman and having children as a biological female! Oh it makes me sad that I wasn't. But I did have three children as a man... which was sorta the same - and I would not be who I am today if born a true female or - hummmmm... this sounds strange... born a true man.

So I think of myself now as born a transsexual, a woman in a male body.

It gives me disadvntages (and a lot of sadness in my life) but it also gives me advantges. I am VERY dual natured. I have ALWAYS seen the male and the female perspective on everything. I don't need to 'learn' how to be a woman, I just let it out.

That I guess is the advantage - one major good thing about being MTF.

Just an opinion or two.

Elizabeth Anne

April,

If we all focus on nothing but the negatives in our lives then we will all be very depressed and suicidal with no hope of anything ever changing.

Would I rather have been born a female and never gone through all of the years of torture trying to be who everyone else wanted me to be, to not lose all or the important people and friends in my life, to not have to go through the riggers and protocols of transitioning - you bet!

But I wasn't so instead of sticking my head in the oven ala Willy Loman only to realize I am in an all electric home and there is no gas to inhale so instead I am going to find any advantage that I can.

I am going to believe that I didn't just waste the last 57 years.

I am going to take the memories of that life with me focus on the good, my travels, my trumpet playing and my writing.

Look for the good and you have a chance of finding it, look for the bad and you will find it and it will obscure any good that you might have found.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Jeannine Bean
Knowing exactly what a man means when he tells you something.

Whoa Sally you "get" men?

That's cool.... . I remember as a child always finding men twice as mystifying as women. Nowadays I find everyone both simplistic and mystifying, LOL.

Yea, I think it's fun being intergendered though.

Being MtF, I'm not too trained to worry about people thinking I'm a very *friendly* person. My "Anti very *friendly* person Anti Fun" Shield is not as well-developed, and I think that's cool.

I can "Code Switch" with my students and be really motherly and higher voiced and feminine to be friendly and easy with them and go all authoritarian and masculine on them if that's what the situation calls for. I can switch around like this as I want to in all kinds of social situations.

...ditto in the bedroom ;-)

--Jeannine

Guest Donna Jean

You know......

I try not to dwell on the "what if" ...because it didn't................

I wasn't born a natal female....

I'm a biologically borm male with a defect and I must deal with it....

So what do I do?

Well, I always try to make the best of a situation...when I was at Cam Rhan Bay, Vietnam...I said.."Well, at least I'm on the beech!"

So, I'll make the best of this situation that I find myself in.

And like most every situation there is a plus side and a downside. I have to deal with downside....I embrace the plus side.

Some of the people above have mentioned things about being MTF that are positive, such as, the duality... and experience gained from their birth gender.

Yes....there things that are positive about it...

If everyone only looked at the downside there would be little motovation to go in this life!

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Donna Jean

Guest nymphblossom

I feel younger and more alive than I have in so long I can't even remember. I look at things I have done a thousand times with new eyes. A trip to Wal-Mart is an exciting adventure. It feels like Christmas morning when a blouse I ordered comes in the mail. I never knew I could be so happy over a five dollar lipstick.

Accepting who I am has decreased the pain I suffer with my back. My libido is stronger than it's been in years. I am closer with my wife than ever before.

I LOVE THIS THREAD. Is there any way to make it a sticky?

Blossom

Guest ts_kaz

I'm putting an odd one in here that is very un-fem buy i found to be very useful one recent weekend, don't hate me girls, but one great thing is the ability to just wee against a tree when at a music festival and those toilets are miiiiiiiillllles away, i found this useful! lol