• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Haaiii I'm New :)

Guest Princess Elle

Guest andreahilton

Haiii, I'm Andrea :) and I'm new to this, very new enough to get confused how everything works, I even thought that I had to wait for my uhm account to be validated before allowing to post on forums >.< foolish of me!

Ok, an info about me.

I am a very girly 16 years old girl. I want to start becoming a real girl when I turn 18 years old in two years :). I was born in a deaf male body, and that is a horrible thing for me. On the outside, I am a deaf boy, but on the inside I am a hearing female and when I close my eyes and think of what I should really look like and I see a super hot fashionable girl *giggles* :lol:. I really love music, shopping, boys, magazines and I'm naturally girly, like I can naturally walk like a supermodel girl. I seriously cannot walk like a male, every time I try, I actually trip or look foolish. I loved wearing dresses and playing with dolls when I was a toddler. However, my childhood was all about being deaf and learning. I became a really dull country boy, and EXTREMELY ugly (seriously). Luckily, my parents decided to send me to a hearing high school, that was when I suddenly learn I am actually not a boy. I became extremely girly quickly and told a lot of people that I like boys. Sadly, just after a year of that, I went into a depressed phase for years because nobody believed in me and I was told that I'm a boy billions of times. However, it suddenly disappeared at the end of last year and I became a bit happy somehow but (yes I had too many bad lucks) I had long hair and I chopped it off just so I'll look like a boy (big mistake) because I got annoyed how I can't do much with short hair and gel/wax is so ewww. I tried to grow my hair out but my parents kept making me cut it once a month ugh. The second last bad luck I got, that I was forced to go to summer camp and I was very afraid how I would be trapped at camp if people start being cruel so I actually asked boys online HOW TO be a boy (LOL) it was really funny, I screamed when I learnt boys don't use a lot of creams, makeup and straightener. I almost threw up from men body spray smells. I actually somehow survived a week pretending to be a boy. That was when I learn that I will never be able to live like a boy for life. Somehow I just ignore it until I had to do it AGAIN for work exp which is a month ago which is when I went "THAT'S IT, I'M NOT GOING TO PRETEND EVER AGAIN!" Well, here I am, exploring how to become a girl physically so it will match my heart, soul and brain. :D

Gosh, that was long but it would be a book if I explained it all so that's pretty much the short story! :lol: So, thanks for reading and tell me a bit about yourself or send me a url of your introduction if you're lazy ;) and it will be nice to meet you all! xox

• Admin

Andrea, welcome to Laura's. You found a wonderful site to learn all about the wacky world of

TG. There are forums especially for teens, tips on fashion, and everything else you could

possibly think of to ask about.

It sounds like you've pretty much made up your mind on your future direction. Please take the

time to look through the forum posts and see what is involved in transitioning. It's no picnic in

the park, for sure. You need to know the facts.

Laura's members are a true family. We support and help each other. When you get depressed, we

cheer you up. When you need help,we're there for you.

Our lovely moderators will be along any minute with a tray full of cookies and cocoa. The best I can

do is a big glass of lemonade. Glad to have you with us.

Carolyn Marie

Guest joeytheman16

Andrea,

I'm Joey, 17 years old and a college student.

High school is tough, even being able to hear :P . It is a ton of fun though, for me the fun waited until I had the right group of friends that accepts me.

If you ever need someone to talk to, you can message me. Even though I'm a guy, I can usually listen...decently! :D

Joey

Guest Alyssa Leigh

Hi Andrea

Welcome to the playground everyone is so nice here, so make yourself at home and more will be by soon to greet you.

Alyssa

Guest uncertain_cd

Hello Andrea, I'm the same age as you and new here myself :)

Your introduction made me LOL @ not being able to walk like a male. It seems like guys always have some new foolish way to walk . I'm a guy but I walk normally, I don't walk with my pants below my butt and walk like a penguin :P . Your typing style and choice of color is exactly the same as a lot of my girl friends type on msn so you got that down real well, good for you!

I'm sorry about you're depression, Ive been through it and it's the worst pain possible, depression is something no one deserves :( . I joined here yesterday and this is what a mod said in the post :

"Sexual orientation and gender identity are two completely different things. So don't confuse the two or miss the two. Sexual orientation will not change even when you realize your true gender."

I hope I'm saying the right thing but you have a male or 'boy' body so everybody who kept telling you that you are a boy don't understand or know about the differences.

You'll find all the help and support on here though :)

Can I ask you a stupid question? What's a 'hearing school and how does it work? You said your deaf and grew up that way but you also said that you love music which is what confused me.

Guest Elizabeth K

Andrea!

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!

Unique! We gender dysphoric are like everyone else and have just about the same diversity as any other group, so it is inevitale we would have someone hearing challanged. And I see you pretty well have accepted yourself as female in mind and soul, and that is grand. Many struggle with their gender identity for so long!

And We have a lot of people your age here - and you can post post post!

YEAAAA

Glad to meet you!

Lizzy

Hello Andrea,

I am so glad that you have found your way to us.

I am one of the ladies that offers cookies and cocoa, we just like you to feel welcome and the good news, virtual food has virtually no calories. :lol:

You mentioned being deaf, is that completely or only partial?

You mentioned liking music and in college a freind of mine was doing her student teaching in a class for the deaf - she had me come play my trumpet for them because they could 'feel' the music and loved the experience.

I had never really given much though to it before but the INternet is such a visual medium that it must be wonderful for people with hearing imparments.

As to how you look, I won't believe any of that, we are all our worst critics and all of the 'ugly' girls have posted gorgeous pictures.

Welcome to the family.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest andreahilton

Thank you everybody :) it's nice to meet you all!

Can I ask you a stupid question? What's a 'hearing school and how does it work? You said your deaf and grew up that way but you also said that you love music which is what confused me.

Well, A hearing school is like people who are hearing (not deaf). The one I go to supports deaf people aswell. ;)

You mentioned being deaf, is that completely or only partial?

I'm completely deaf but I wear a thing called hearing aids which helps me hear and I use them 24/7 I'm a very different deaf person, I don't just stop and accept I'm deaf, I work very hard to be able to hear almost everything, when I listen to new music, I would have to read the lyrics to get it to be completely clear and easy to hear and be able to comment on it so woot :P

Ok, I got to go now, will be back later to meet more of you people! :)

Guest April63

Hi, welcome and nice to meet you. Congrats on being such a warrior with your deafness. That must be hard.

I'm 17 by the way.

Guest ~Brenda~

Welcome Andrea,

Welcome to Laura's playground. Sweetie, look around here at the forums and read what others have had to say. You will probably find the Teens forums very helpful to you. Basically you are going to see that you are not alone!!

HUGS dear one,

Welcome

Brenda

I am so happy for you, and that the hearing aids work.

You said that you were born deaf but if the hearing aids work ther must be active nerves and something else that is wrong so there is that opportunity to hear.

You just keep up the fight and one day technoligy and your spirit will have you hearing better than I do and I have pretty good hearing.

I was a subject in a hearing test at a local university, they wanted to see how much damage occured from playing in loud bands, I played trumpet in marching bands and jazz bands for over 20 years at the time of the study, they wanted soome older people to judge the loses.

The only problem with the data that they got from me was that my hearing was better than it should have been for anyone my age or 15 years younger - it kind of messed up her curve.

Do drop in when ever you can and stay as long as you like, we are very friendly and the great thing - someone is almost always here!

Being from Austrailia, you and one of our moderators, Stormbird are in the same time zones!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Jessica22450

Hi Andrea like you I'm a girly girl too in many ways, It's good to see you coming out. But i'm among the new generation of girly girls lol.

Guest NicolaiAE

Andrea,

Welcome to the playground! I'm 16 too and I also gonna start my transitioning when I'm 18!

We can wait it out together LOL.

We're all here to give you love and support! Wow, I'm just bubbly today :)

See you around on the forums!

-Nicolai

Guest andreahilton
Hi, welcome and nice to meet you. Congrats on being such a warrior with your deafness. That must be hard.

I'm 17 by the way.

Thanks, it's nice to meet you too! :)

Welcome Andrea,

Welcome to Laura's playground. Sweetie, look around here at the forums and read what others have had to say. You will probably find the Teens forums very helpful to you. Basically you are going to see that you are not alone!!

HUGS dear one,

Welcome

Brenda

Awesome as :D I will have a look at those forums and I have already learn that I'm not alone :)

I am so happy for you, and that the hearing aids work.

You said that you were born deaf but if the hearing aids work ther must be active nerves and something else that is wrong so there is that opportunity to hear.

You just keep up the fight and one day technoligy and your spirit will have you hearing better than I do and I have pretty good hearing.

I was a subject in a hearing test at a local university, they wanted to see how much damage occured from playing in loud bands, I played trumpet in marching bands and jazz bands for over 20 years at the time of the study, they wanted soome older people to judge the loses.

The only problem with the data that they got from me was that my hearing was better than it should have been for anyone my age or 15 years younger - it kind of messed up her curve.

Do drop in when ever you can and stay as long as you like, we are very friendly and the great thing - someone is almost always here!

Being from Austrailia, you and one of our moderators, Stormbird are in the same time zones!

Love ya,

Sally

Wow, kewl as, never knew that happened! Also I can see everybody is friendly here so that's good :D

Hi Andrea like you I'm a girly girl too in many ways, It's good to see you coming out. But i'm among the new generation of girly girls lol.

Awesomeness! It's nice to meet you :D

Andrea,

Welcome to the playground! I'm 16 too and I also gonna start my transitioning when I'm 18!

We can wait it out together LOL.

We're all here to give you love and support! Wow, I'm just bubbly today smile.gif

See you around on the forums!

-Nicolai

Thanks :D Yep ^_^ waiting to become 18, by then I shall read every fashion and beauty like it's my bible so I'll be ready to be a real girl when I start! :D I'm bubbly today too! ;D

Now, I am off to post replies in other people's forums and learn all about becoming my real gender and read others stories :)

Guest Isobelle Fox

Hey Andrea!

Welcome to the forums.

It always makes me happy to see young people who are comfortable with their gender identity and ready to get on with transition. I'm envious : )

Good luck and have fun here at Laura's.

Guest Flay-ke

:D:lol: wow! Your a true girly girl.

I can't believe your that open to everyone.

I wish i was like you.

Anyways, Welcome to the Forum.

Guest Angelgrlsue

Hi Andrea. :D It is so nice to meet you. Wow! You really are a girly girl. I'm happy that you are here, it is a good place to grow, learn, support each other and make new friends and so much more. Make yourself comfy.

Hugs,

Suzie

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Hey. :) Welcome to the forum! Personally, however, I take issue with two things:

1. If you feel like a girl you ARE a real girl. What's in your underwear doesn't make you any less of a girl.

2. Some boys do wear moisturizer and makeup and straighten their hair. They often get labeled "gay" for it though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andreahilton

It's nice to meet you all! To Flay-ke, being strong and able to ignore people's staring and bad comments will make you be free to be whoever you want to be! :)

To praisedbeherhooves, that's so true! I accept my body but I feel like a girl who don't have her own body so I end up with a male body. I don't mind being labeled gay but it can get annoying. However, this body is not me, I'm annoyed that I have a fetish for gay guys so badly, I try to not let my male hormones go too high or I'll go uhm crazy for guys. I just seriously cannot wait when the male hormones would be out of me! :lol: I treat my body like I'm baby sitting it for somebody. When my body changes or go crazy on hormones. I tell it off and I actually beg my uhm guy junk to not uhm fill up with blood and I whine in my head when I get one!