• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How Do You Know?

Guest Konnor

Guest rachael1

It sounds to me like you still love your boyfriend so if it were me, my priority would be to try to rekindle your relationship with him.

Once you guys get back together than you can look at future options together.

If the relationship doesn't work than you are free to explore your options without the distraction of a relationship.

I wouldn't be in any rush to to transition unless you are 100% certain, after all there is plenty of time.

Rachael

Guest Konnor

Charli-- My parents have seen the signs, trust me on that. They just would rather I find a way to be a very masculine female so I can live an "easier", more conventional life. I live in a really small hicktown and people around here would go crazy if I came out as trans. There aren't even any openly gay people here. My parents literally would fear for my life if I came out here. So, in a way, it's just them being parents and looking out for me. As far as the relationship stuff, I'm glad to have your reassurance. Like I've been saying, I really fear being alone, especially if I transition.

Leo-- My ex treats me however I want to be treated. Like with my family and such, I usually have to be a girl. But other than that, we're just two gay dudes and he's completely fine with that. I don't think he would have a problem with treating me as male all the time, but I honestly don't know. We've talked about my transitioning but I feel like that's something you can't really tell until it happens. And I get what you're saying about confusing being comfortable in your bio state with being comfortable as just male. That makes sense.

Rachael-- Yeah, I am very much still in love with him. I would love nothing more than for us to be together again. We're "talking" again, and he says he misses me, but he still hasn't decided if we're going to be a couple again or not. I don't think I'll be making any decisions until after he and I figure things out though. And transition is definitely not something to rush into!

Thanks again everyone for all the great replies! I really feel cared for here. :)

--Konnor

Guest MrAwesome

The person you were dating is a GAY MAN right? If you transition physically, I don't see it hurting your relationship. :P I also don't think it's a good idea to let people that have no idea of how you feel effect your decision, and in turn, your entire life. As for having kids, I love this issue. There's kids starving and dying in Africa, kids all around the world that don't have a family, and people still feel compelled to have more. Take care of the EXISTING ones 1st is all I have to say.

Guest rachael1
Rachael-- Yeah, I am very much still in love with him. I would love nothing more than for us to be together again. We're "talking" again, and he says he misses me, but he still hasn't decided if we're going to be a couple again or not. I don't think I'll be making any decisions until after he and I figure things out though. And transition is definitely not something to rush into!

--Konnor

Good luck with getting back with your boyfriend Konnor I hope it all works out for you.

Hugs

Rachael