• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest EvenClose

Transgeneration? Is This Old Or New?

Guest Donna Jean

Wow...That's all new to me...

I bookmarked it because there is a lot there and I'd like to come back to it and explore it more....

Thanks for the link!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest ChloëC

I remember when it was on some time ago, (gee, getting old makes you sort of lose track of the time and all, has it been 3 or so years already?.) I remember all four people but since I didn't watch it faithfully, it was a little hard to follow. Though for three of them it looks like they've got their lives on track. The fourth, TJ still has some problems facing him (not of his making), which is sad.

Thanks for the link. It's really great to see some follow-up. You always wonder how real life plays out for people who have fame for a moment.

Chloë

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 161 Guests (See full list)

• Dain
    • MaryEllen
    • Raven1981
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

CrystalElaine94
    Newest Member
    CrystalElaine94

1. Bridget56
      Bridget56
      (63 years old)
    2. Lady Ayu
      Lady Ayu
      (31 years old)
    3. Pandora
      Pandora
    • tracy_j
      An interesting subject. Probably a lifetimes work there!   Tracy
    • tracy_j
      Yes I agree to staying online. At least you have friends you can relate to here which is good, epecially if things get tough.   Tracy
    • tracy_j
      Good luck! I don't know how well it will relate to your job but I have a general link here which gives a flavour of things in the NHS.  It, and the links from it, may be a help. https://www.nhsemployers.org/retention-and-staff-experience/diversity-and-inclusion/policy-and-guidance/sexual-orientation   Private companies do not usually publish their policies online (as far as I know) but NHS trust and probably local government documents are likely to be available. A quick look found this for Newcastle: http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/downloads/policies/Personnel/GenderTransitionatWorkPolicy201808.pdf   I had a little look and found some info which private companies give but it would take a bit of searching to find details specific to gender, but may exist although maybe only in large companies. I did come across a council document though:   https://wolverhampton.moderngov.co.uk/documents/s36286/Appendix - Transgender Guidance Notes.pdf   Tracy
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://news.usc.edu/158899/transgender-research-usc-brain-gender-identity/     Carolyn Marie
    • ToniTone
      I'm sure as Carolyn Marie said, most of us had doubts.    Me personally, I had a lot of doubts the months before I got on hrt. But by the time I got it, I reasoned that I'd never be happy to keep going on as a man. So I took the plunge, and so far transition has been pretty gentle to me. I'm very content with my choice and where I see transition taking me now.    Really at the end of the day, it's your decision though. If you aren't already, maybe consider talking with a gender therapist, or find a community meeting local to you. Some ways to get some perspective. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      Hello, Crystal Elaine, and welcome to Trans Pulse.  I want to start by congratulating you on being open minded, non-judgemental, loving and supportive.  It is wonderful to hear about, as its not as common an occurrence as we would hope.   What you've done together so far is a great start.  Other suggestions I can make include letting him dress and sleep in a nightgown (some have sexual relations this way, and I hear it can really invigorate a couple's sex life).  Helping him with makeup, buying a wig, wearing small items of jewelry (that he can hide from others, like an ankle bracelet) can also help with feeling feminine.   I'm sure others will have great ideas, too.  Thanks for asking, and best wishes to you both.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Many of us have doubts about virtually every aspect of our transition.  Having doubts and questions about HRT is not only normal, it is logical and sensible.  That's because HRT carries risks, as does any prescription medication, and those risks can be significant, especially if you have some types of pre-existing conditions.   My advice is to read as much as you can from reputable sites and publications, starting with the WPATH Standards of Care.  There is a whole lot of good information about it, including on this web site.  Being informed and knowledgeable is important.  I've had to educate some of my own doctors, which is not an unusual thing.   If you have specific questions, we'll try to answer them, but we aren't medical professionals, so be guided by your doctors and by your own informed mind.   Carolyn Marie
    • Dev
      Everything helps, Alex, and I really appreciate you pitching in!
    • TiaMaria
      Hey everyone,    Thanks for all the advice from my last post.    Today, I went to an endo doctor, and they say I might be able to hopefully start hormones in the next couple of weeks. When they told me that, I was excited but still hesitant. I always keep thinking that I'm going to have regrets or something. Is that normal? Did any of you have this feeling when starting hormones?    Thanks in advance!! 
    • CrystalElaine94
      My husband recently discovered by complete accident that he likes cross dressing. When I say by accident, I had seen videos of boyfriends/husbands doing their girlfriends/wives makeup, and I asked him to do mine. After he was done, I asked to do his. To both of our surprise, he really liked it. Now we are pretty adventurous in the bedroom, and we decided this could be a fun role play (my husband is into domination/humiliation). However, he didn't feel dominated or humiliated. He felt empowered and "pretty" to use his own words. For the rest of the night, he wore one of my dresses and a full face of makeup. The next day, we went out and bought a wig to complete his look. That night, I taught him how to do his own makeup, he put on one of my dresses and his wig, and he absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, it made me feel extremely uncomfortable. When I looked at him, I didn't feel like I was looking at my husband. I felt as though I had lost my husband.    After discussing this with my husband, he explained that he just liked not having to feel masculine. He likes getting in touch with his feminine side. Now my husband is a correctional officer who grew up in a strict southern baptist household. We have been exploring his sexuality together recently, and he has come to the decision that he not attracted to men, but he does still like to dress as a woman. He does not feel as though he is a woman, he is just tired of feeling like he has to live up to the standard masculine social norms.    We decided that I may have been uncomfortable because we just jumped straight into it instead of easing in. So we have decided to work up to him completely cross dressing by doing things that are deemed feminine. Last night, we did a foot scrub, painted our toe nails, and did a facial mask. I would love suggestions of other activities we can do to not only help me ease into the idea of my husband cross dressing, but to also allow him to do what makes him feel comfortable and helps him relax. I would also love any advice on what has helped anyone else through the same situation.   I love my husband dearly, and it's been a while since I've seen my husband that happy and relaxed. I am trying to support him the best that I can, but I am also confused by this. 
    • Alex C
      Hey Pixie... honestly I am so lost right now, but I  know this:  I have being dealing with other voices in my head that are not helpful to me. If it was not for my Gender Therapist properly would of off myself. So If you feel confused getting a G.T is a great starting point. Good luck be safe and keep us update  this site is a great sounding block and welcome
    • Alex C
      wow that's totally mind blowing. I will contact my A.I 2mor. I can't offer L.I.. but ty u all
    • Alex C
      hey  Dev just donated. Wish I had more but I hope it helps. Keep up the amazing job. It's truly help with my transition. Much lv  
    • Dev
      PayPal is our card processor as well as its own thing.  If you click through it'll ask you to sign up or sign in, but you don't have to do that.  If you continue without signing up, it'll let you plug in a credit card and process it like any other transaction.
    • Carolyn Marie
      Laura, ff you click on the link in the post above, it will take you to the donation page, where you will see options for donating with any of four different credit or debit cards.   Carolyn Marie
  • Upcoming Events