• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Every Step

Guest 91curiouskitten

Guest 91curiouskitten

Child hood is great, each step is jsut to get to somewhere, to get somethign done. If you make a mistep, its fine, nobody cares, it even makes things more fu and interesting. Then you grow up, you're a teenager, your directs have changed but you still walk freely. Sure you think about your steps know but, if you misstep, its still no biggy, no pressure. Then, everything changes, life hits you and ahrd, and you have to elarn quick. Every step holds an entire lfies worth of pressure, one mistep could be the difference between a happy full life, or a life on the streets begging for change. You;re left wondernig what happend to your childhood, envious for the carefree days. Sure tehre was trouble, but it wasnt ever anything you couldnt handle, what happened? It seems evyer step is somethign new, somethign entirely different, you cant handle the pressure from one step, muchless the endless steps you have to make as lfie goes on. What do you do? What do you do with each and every step holding so much pressure, so much weighing on a single simple decision that could lead into an endless abys of cataclsymic and catastrophic events that forever alter the style of life you are accustomed to! What do you? It seems even after thinking out every step, things fall apart, and they never work. Is it even worth it? Do you ever end at the goal you started for? How do you handle life, when life finally becomes real?

Guest Selene Lavelle

You take your steps and you don't look back. Trust me... I know EXACTLY how you feel right now... god do I know...

I just graduated from highschool. it's like they told us what to do (well they DID) and now we have no structure at all. I know how you feel sweetie... oh so much....

Guest Leo the First

I'm a young'n, so I don't know what that feels like. (I should off till I get outta high school.)

But ... in my opinion, each step we take is a step we choose to take, right? You've got to take risks, it's the amount of risk you take that varies. I remember when I was younger, even then I had to be careful, because of CPS and my step-dad, and my mom. I felt so pressured, like waking up each day was never worth it, like each step I took never took me anywhere, and that I was doing it all wrong. But I learned that when things fall apart, when your goal you wanted somehow isn't there anymore...maybe that's the best time in life, because that's the time where you learn and grow as a person. I am a slightly masochistic person in this sense, because I enjoy being put into tough situations. I like knowing that life is real, I like knowing that each move I make is important.

I think that you just need to slow down a bit and realize that no matter which step you take, something's going to be different. That's why we get to choose our path, our steps, and our direction! Life always has been real, to me, I don't see why suddenly, everything would change.

>x> But like I said, I should hold off till I get outta high school.

• Admin

How do you handle life, when life finally becomes real?

Young people have been asking themselves and their elders that question for thousands of years, Kitten. The answer hasn't changed very much over time.

You handle life one decision, one crisis, one step at a time, with whatever tools you have developed to help you. You seek advice, you ask what other people have done, you research, you prepare, you do and then you make mistakes.

The last is the most important, because you will make mistakes, we all do, I've made thousands, most small but some big. You learn from your mistakes, and you try your best not to repeat them. All the decisions and all the mistakes that result, add up to a life experience that is uniquely yours, Kitten. Your life is an empty book that you've just started to write in. Make it a good story.

:)

Carolyn Marie