• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Dream....

Guest natascha

Guest natascha

hiya all,

last night i had a dream, i always have this exact same dream.

well, here it is...

"i am coming out of what appears to be bathroom, into a room and right infront of me there is a woman, beautifull soft skin, long brown hair just past her shoulders. she is playing the piano and is sitting naked on the piano stool. i look down at myself and i am wearing a towel, then i look back up and i she her. i then start to walk towards her and before i can even get close the dream just cuts off."

the thing is, i never see her face. and the dream always cuts off at the same spot. this dream i always have,( not every night, but every once in a while for years). The dream feels so bloody REAL, that when i wake i really feel that i was their.

for i always try to get closer to see her face, but it never happens... its like something something that you want to achieve, but always fail at the same thing, doesnt matter how much you want it.

i have tried finding out what it means over the years, wreacked my brains in thinking about it, and looking through books and the internet, but the answers never, to me, felt that it was the true meaning.

the only one that feels right, is the fact that i am seeing myself as her in my true glory, while i also see myself as i am at the minute all covered up in disgust.

maybe because i cant get any closer to her is because i am still stuck as a male atm, and havent yet started Gender Therapy or/and HRT, maybe then i can get closer.

just that the feelings thhat i have is that i have to get closer to be near her, to see her face, to be her...

the only one that feels right, is the fact that i am seeing myself as her in my true glory, while i also see myself as i am at the minute all covered up in disgust.

maybe because i cant get any closer to her is because i am still stuck as a male atm, and havent yet started Gender Therapy or/and HRT, maybe then i can get closer.

just that the feelings thhat i have is that i have to get closer to be near her, to see her face, to be her...

You gave yourself as good an aswer as I could have come up with. Where are you in transition? Have you made the first steps? Have you see glimpses of yourself? It would be interesting to see if this dream changes as you progress...

Love, Megan

• Forum Moderator

Megan said it for me. I agree that your interpretation of the dream is correct. there are layers of meanings and nuances I suspect-like playing your own special music but I think the basic message is as you interpret it.

With dreams you always have to go by what the symbols mean to you. Books or the net can just tell you what they usually mean because of the cultural context but that can be completely off base if you have a different meaning personally for what is symbolized.

Dreams tend to speak in metaphors too. I once dreamed I was standing in a shower fully dressed while thinking about someone I had argued with and thinking about in an angry way. When I woke I just knew that the dream was telling me I was all wet in my thinking about this person. When I looked at in a different light I saw it might be so and contacted them only to discover that the dream was right and I had leapt to some inaccurate conclusions. I was indeed "all wet". The mind is a funny thing . :)

Johnny

Dreams are too personal to be found in a book or over the internet. If I were having a dream like this I would relate it to my transition and see the young woman as myself. Because it reoccurs it is not just random thoughts of the day working their way through you subconscious. Megan gave some good questions to think about.

I have several dreams that have reoccurred for many years. The will change some over time but I have really never been able to relate them to anything.

Mia