Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Lacey Lynne

Silly Little Goal - Making Those Lists.

6 posts in this topic

So, those of you transitioning, have you got any "silly little personal goals" with your transition?

Actually, we'd all be happy to hear what your goals may be. Really.

Finally, today, I've admitted to my self that I'd like to earn and deserve the right to take a place on:

Lynn Conway's website:

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TSsuccesses/TSgallery1.html

... and ...

Karen Serenity's website:

http://www.karenserenity.com/OldSerenity/main.htm

Know what? I can truly think of about half-a-dozen transpeople (girls AND guys) on THIS forum who I believe belong on the aforesaid websites (Lynn Conway's site has a transmen's section too, as it so should!). I won't name names, but I could. Many of us would agree that they deserve places on these wonderful websites.

Finally:

Ha! It's gotta be providence! As I write this, Portland's own Radio Station KGON is wailing away with THE BEST version of "Midnight Rambler" by The Rolling Stones from back in The Day! YES!!!

Life is good! Life is VERY good! Yeah, sigh, alright, okay ..., so I'm vain ... I'd really like to earn a spot on those two lists. Personal little dream. Maybe that'll happen someday. If not, that's okay too.

Love :thumbsup: Lacey

My transition goal has always been to help those following in my footsteps. I had a REALLY rough time getting through my teen years and I wanna become a sort of role model (like Zachary Quinto did a couple days ago) for people in Jr High School and High School struggling because of LGBT or just general life issues

<3 Aly

PS: Rolling Stones!!!!!!

Silly little goals are never really that silly, are they?

Most people would call me silly, to want to be on the big screens of movie theaters, or the planks of stage of which a soul-wrenching monologue is performed. But, then again, they called everyone on those movies and stages silly, didn't they?

So, again, silly little goals are never really that silly. They really aren't.

Hi everyone,

Silly, yep. I don't know what it has to do with transition but I plan to learn the guitar and do whatever I can to perform on stage. Funny thing is, I'm delaying starting lessons until I'm comfortable with my presentation.

I've thought about how I can help others in their transition, and that's important to me, but I'm not sure I have the skills or confidence to be fully committed to anything formal or public. I'm a humble person, so I guess I'll quietly help in any small way that I can. That's my nature anyway.

Shari

Interesting, Lacey.....

My goal was always to jut arrive to where I am now... in one piece with my mind intact.....no other goals other than being happy...

But now, I find myself in a predicament...

Oddly enough I didn't just fade into the woodwork.....I've been a mod here on Laura's for over three years now...I'm in the New Orleans LGBTQ organization...I'm a member of New Orleans PFLAG.....I'm involved in LTA (Louisiana Trans Advocacy) a statewide group where I'm an officer....

Nope. Never planned on any of that. I was just gonna be Donna Jean and quietly fade away and be happy.....

Well, at least I got the "Happy" part right!

Huggggggs

Donna Jean

@Donna Jean - I am very glad, for you and for all of us, that you are staying active in the community. You're a wonderful representative, and I am very proud of you and what you and Lizzy and Sally are doing.

As for my own goals, I've reached some already, like being accepted by the world around me, but more importantly, accepting myself for who I am, and becoming comfortable in my own skin.

I wanted to make a difference in the Community, and I have a good start on that goal, too.

I wanted to keep my family together, and so far, so good.

I wanted to fit into the pencil skirt I bought last year. Meh, 3 out of 4 ain't bad. ;)

HUGS

Carolyn Marie