• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Fantastic disposable razor

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

After the last disposable razor I used practically ripped the skin off my upper thigh last time I shaved, I've been a little hesitant to shave again. Well you know summer's right around the corner so you know what that means: smooth legs! Yes, none of us are immune to this. I had bought a 2-pack of disposable razors that looked really promising and just shoved them in my bag for a later date..a time for when I actually had time to shave my legs..and or had a stool in the shower I could prop a leg up on to make it easier. Well, that wasn't happening today but I did have time to shave.

The razors I bought were Gilette Venus disposables. (unlike the Bic razors that cut me all over, even with shave gel!) These razors have built in shave gel on the top and the bottom so really all you need are these razors, water and two legs. (this product has not been tested on 4-legged creatures who shave)

At first swipe of the razor I knew this was not going to be a repeat incident of the last time. The razor glided softly and smoothly over my legs, slicing through hairs like a knife through butter. I'm talking the really soft melted butter not the butter right out of the freezer) Shaving was once again a breeze and the scented handle whisked me away to tropical parts unknown where I found myself sitting on a beach, suddenly really thin with big singlasses and a wide brimmed hat with this gorgeous red lipstick and sipping on a pina colada brought to me by Raul the cabana boy. Ahhh, bliss!

A sharp knock on the shower door from someone checking to see if I'm still in there brought me back to reality. :( ..but since it's a 2-pack, I have another one waiting for next time. :)

In short, if you like disposable razors: buy this one! (I have a seperate one for my face and it has it's own story to it) While drying off sitting down, I did notice a few spots that the razor missed but hey, razor, water, 2 legs, it was a breeze to hit those areas again.

Guest Sarah1967

I used those Gilette Venus disposables before and they are fantastic I need to get some more will do that when I go to wal mart later..

Guest rikkicd64

Great report on the razors Lizzy. I discovered the same thing a few weeks ago when I bought a 4pack of Shick Quatro womens disposable razors, not even one nick and yes loved the scent.

Rikki...

Guest Kelly-087

I use the same razor for body I do my face. Shick Hydro with 5 blades. It rarely nicks and gets closer and smoother than the others..

Guest Janice Lynn

I used those Gilette Venus disposables before and they are fantastic I need to get some more will do that when I go to wal mart later..

Agreement here! I got mine at Costco in a 14 pack, 2 of which are for bikini shaves.

Price was reasonable.

Hey, do they have a Gillete Mars for the guys?

Jan :Crylol:

Guest Edu

Although I normally go for the (painful) speed and smoothness of my electric epilator, I do sometimes shave; and I haven't used anything else than Gillete Venus razors since the first time I tried them.

Hey, do they have a Gillete Mars for the guys?

Gillete makes a wide range of shaving stuff aimed at men. And, personally, my face owes its smoothness to the Gillete Fusion razors and gel. They aren't called "Mars", but it's all about marketing.

IMO, Gillete simply makes the best disposable razors by far. Both for body and facial hair.

Regards,

Ethain

• Forum Moderator

I've gone electric although i must say that lying in the tub with a gillete venus is soooo nice.

Hugs, Charlie

Guest otter-girl

Thanks for the tip Lizzie. I got some today to try. Bic razors are horrible! although they do have a sensitive version which I havent tried.

Rachel :)

Guest otter-girl

Tried the venus razors on my face today and they were amazing. Never had so close results with so little after burn and I'm cursed with strong hairs. Yay! Many thanks again for recommending.

Rachel