• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Music Help ASAP

Guest Lani

This is a odd & big request..

Can someone give me a list of one-hundred (PLUS) songs names?? They can be of any genre.. Im just looking for some new refreshing songs to get.. 

I am going somewhere far away soon & it would be nice to have some new music with me to comfort me.......

This is a odd & big request..

Can someone give me a list of one-hundred (PLUS) songs names?? They can be of any genre.. Im just looking for some new refreshing songs to get.. 

I am going somewhere far away soon & it would be nice to have some new music with me to comfort me.......

Please no swearing or anything of that nature..

It would be nice if they were HAPPY songs..

Guest Jade T

Hi Lani, sure I can. I hope wherever you are going, you find what you are looking for :). This is my punk rock playlist from my ipod. I'll PM you the list so I don't take up the whole screen.

OK, Lani.

I can cover a wide range so here are a few of my favorites.

1) In The Middle Of The Night - Billy Joel

2) The Last Resort - Eagles

3) MacArthur Park - Maynard Ferguson

4) Piano Man - Billy Joel

5) Nobody Gets Off In This Town - Garth Brooks

6) The Chair - George Straight

7) After The Love - Earth, Wind & Fire

8) Go Down Gamblin' - Blood, Sweat & Tears

9) Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

10) Fur Elise - Beethoven

11) Ride Of The Valeries - Wagner

12) Piano Man - Billy Joel

13) Saturday In The Park - Chicago

14) All That Jazz - The Musical Chicago

15) Until There Was You - The Music Man

16) God Bless The Child - Billie Holiday or Blood, Sweat & Tears

17) Greatest Love Of All - Whitney Houston

18) Hotel California - Eagles

19) More and More - Blood, Sweat & Tears

20) Forever and ever Amen - George Straight

21) Friends In Low Places - Garth Brooks

22) Love Me Tender - Elvis Presley

23) Color My World - Chicago

24) Stepping Stone - Monkees

25) The Circle of Life - Lion King

26) A Part of Your World - Little Mermaid

27) Kind of Blue - Miles Davis

28) Giant Steps - John Coltrane

29) So Long Dixie - Blood, Sweat & Tears

30) Kicks - Paul Reverie and the Raiders

31) Fantasy - Earth, Wind & Fire

32) Dialog - Chicago

33) Morning Much Better - Ten Wheel Drive

34) Everyday People - Sly and the Family Stone

35) I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor

36) Words Get in the Way - Gloria Estephan

That should give you a good start - I have a lot more but I have an appointment to go to right now.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest ~DeeDee~

Listen to everything Dave Matthews has ever written, well over a hundo but it should keep you busy. If you burn through that, move on to Neil Young.

Hi Lani, sure I can. I hope wherever you are going, you find what you are looking for :). This is my punk rock playlist from my ipod. I'll PM you the list so I don't take up the whole screen.

Thanks..

• Forum Moderator

For the last few months I have been exploring in depth a band that is credited with starting heavy metal yet also the likes of Lady GaGa. One called the most diverse and complex band ever. They have over 160 songs on YouTube and while their heyday ended in 1991 they are still immensely popular -with people ranging from teens to my age,

But if you decide to check them out don't just listen to one song because they range from metal to pop and everything in between. Listen to I Want It All and then The Fairy King or Bohemian Rhapsody, Hard to believe it is the same band.

The lead singer has also often been cited as having the best voice of all time in rock. if you listen to the words of some of the songs like Made In Heaven you'll feel like it was written for us. And in a way it was because the lead singer certainly suffered for who he was,

Oh yeah-the band is Queen, Look up the list of people who credit them as their inspiration-from Metallica all the way to Lady GaGa with a host in between,

I also get a kick out of the fact that the lead guitarist is a Dr of astrophysics and is now the Chancellor of a university,

Johnny

Guest The Avatar

No swearing? This is going to be tough but...

Alright, I got this!

Belle and Sebastian - I'm a cuckoo

Belle and Sebastian - Piazza New York Catcher

Taco - Putting on the Ritz

The Shins - Saint Simon

Hermes House Band - Country Roads

Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero

Yann Tierson - La Valse d'Amelie

Jonathan Richman - Egyptian Reggae

Zelda Re-Orchestrated - The Legendary Hero

Tom Petty & the Heart Breakers - The Last DJ (There might be a curse word in there)

The Willowz - I wonder

Capcom vs SNK 2 Soundtrack - This is true love we're making

Tangled Soundtrack - Mandy Moore - I've got a dream

Amy Kuney - Love is Trippy

Alizee - La isla bonita

Paul Simon - Me and Julio down by the schoolyard

Don Mclean - American Pie

Ramones - Judy is a Punk

Aqua - Cartoon Heroes

Aqua - Goodbye to the Circus

Meat loaf - Hot Patootie - Bless my Soul

David Lanz - Christophori's Dream

Phantom Planet - California

Dead Milkmen - The secret of life

The Beatles - Dear Prudence

Hall and Oates - You make my dreams

The Beatles Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - With a little help from my friends

The Killers - Human

The Killers - Don't shoot me Santa (There might be a curse word in there)

Bobby Day - Rockin Robbin

White Stripes - We're going to be friends

Billy Joel - Piano man

Elley Golding - Starry Eyed

Carl Douglas - Kung Foo Fighting

Goldfinger - Superman

Mammas and the Pappas - California Dreams

Owl City - Fireflies

Raffi - Banana Phone

The Velvet Underground - Stephanie Says (one of my favorites!)

Freezepop - Less Talk More Rock

Blue Oyster Cult - Don't fear the Reaper

Elton John - Crocodile Rock (There might be a curse word in there)

Styx - Mr. Roboto Techno Remix

Flight of the Conchords - Carol Brown

Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a hero (one of my favorites!)

Uh oh, I feel like if I don't submit you won't see it before your trip.

Guest Melancholy

You might like this. Someone made their own Englsih version of the lyrics to this music called Kaze Ni Naru.

It's very pleasant.

(Youtube search engine: The Cat Returns Theme song, English Lyrics "Become the Wind.")

Also has a download link, but if that's broke you can use keepvid.

Edited by Carolyn Marie
Link to non-trans video deleted per T & Cs.
Guest artistformelyknownasnicole

1. M83- We Own the Sky

2. M83- Splendor

3. M83- Reunion

4. Sigur Ros- Vid Spilum Endalaust

5. Sigur Ros- Festival

6. Washed Out- Amor Fati

7. Veronica Maggio- Jag Kommer

8. Mew- Snow Brigade

9. Kent- Idioter

10. Chemical Brothers- k+d+b

11. Underworld- Scribble

12. Deerhunter- Don't Cry

13. Animal Collective- Brother Sport

14. Rainbow Arabia- Omar K

15. The Shanghai Restoration Project- Nanking Road

16. Boris- Party Boy

17. Cornelius- Brazil

18. Royksopp- Happy up Here

19. Neon Indian- Polish Girl

20. Pendulum- The Island Pt 1

21. Tv On the Radio- Golden Age

22. Miike Snow- Animal

23. Santigold- The Riot is Over

24. Moby- Be the One

25. Chromeo- Hot Mess

26. Hooverphonic- Autoharp

27. Delphic- Doubt

28. Koop- Forces. Darling

29. Candy Dulfer- Flame

30. Cage the Elephant- Aberdeen

31. LCD Soundsystem- Movement

32. Natacha Atlas- Blue Frog

33. Sleep Party People- Chin

34. Sleep Party People- A Dark God Heart

35. Oskar Linnros- Genom eld

35. Phantogram- Don't Move

36. Beats Antique- Alto

37. JJ- And Now

38. Oreskaband- U

39. Bernhoft- Control

40. Grimes- Oblivion

41. Grimes- Eight

42. Tannlines- Abby

43. Youth Lagoon- 17

44. M83- New Map

...That's really all I could think of off the top of my head

Guest Apany

These days, I'm a fan of electro so since I'm lazy I will give you the group and the DJ/singer name with few songs.

If you don't already know them you need to look for Justice, their new album is more happier too. Song you can check on youtube: Planisphère, Genesis, Horsepower

That being said here a list of my fav group with some song.

-2) Crystal Castles - Too many good songs but check for "Baptsim", "Magic Spells" and "Cry Babies"

-3) Danger - "3h16", "11h30" and "4h30" (you might have some difficulty to find this guy outside youtube)

-4) Vitalic - Album "Ok Cowboys" check for "My Friend Dario", "La Rock 01", "Valletta Fanfares"

-5) Daft Punk - You might find this music a little to repetitive so look for their album "Tron Legacy" (yeah it's the soundtrack)

-6) Ratatat - "Breaking Away", "Falcon Jab", "Classics" (this group is pretty relax and smooth)

-7) Deadmau5 - "Ghosts N Stuff" Best song of this guy.

Here some others who aren't electro

-8) Uffie - "ADD SUV", "Difficult", "Illusion of Love"

-9) Yelle - "Ce Jeu", "A Cause des Garçons", "Je Veux te Voir" She sings in french if you don't mind. It sound pretty happy even if she says some vulgarities hehe :P

-10) Muse - Pretty sure you already know them but I add them to the list incase because IMO it's a most.

-11) Two Steps From Hell - Check for the album: "Invicible" Epic music really good when you play video games.

That's it for now since I need to stop somewhere. I wish it will help you and find something in that mess. If you need more you can pm me.

Guest Lacey Lynne

On YouTube, look for a user named : FanOfJanis.

Go through all the categories there and enjoy. They cover several decades of music and film. Sadly, YouTube, due to greed and stupidity of so-called "intellectual property rights" has deleted many of the videoes which were originally there. However, many remain, and I believe you'll like many of them.

All genres of music appear there.

Rock On :thumbsup: Lacey Lynne

Guest Groove_Ghost

Hmmm since I also don't want to take up the screen and you've got some awesome replies so far I shall give you my all time top ten songs and if you like any of them you can look further in to the bands discographies and then find more great music :D

David Bowie-Absolute Beginners

H.I.M.-One Last Time

CKY-Escape From Hellview

The Smashing Pumpkins-Try, Try, Try

Elton John-The Captain and the Kid

Moby-Porcelain

The Happy Mondays-Hallelujah

Pulp-Do You Remember The Time

Memory Cassette-Sleeping on the Roof

Brian Wilson-Your Imagination

Hope this little list helps and maybe introduces you to some new favourite musicians :D