• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Greetings From San Mateo CA

VickySGV

• Admin

I am out of the hospital and back in my motel room tonight in company with my urinary catheter and its tote bag (tank). Don't let any one tell you that you will not have some serious pain during your first hours of post op life. Luckily Dr. Bowers has pain meds available for you, and the nursing staff was quick to get them for you. Nerve sensations are real liars during this time, they tell you you have injured body parts you no longer own!! Pain is measured on a 10 point scale and your meds match the severness of the pain. The nursing staff at Mills Peninsula Hospital are great, and they are very receptive to Dr. Bowers patients.

Dr. B saw me this morning and she admired her own results while she pulled a drain tube out of me for release from the hospital. I will see her in her office on Monday at Noon Time get rid of the catheter and vaginal packing, and learn to dilate. Never take sitting for granted, its getting better, but at lunch on the way back to the hotel, there was no way I could get comfortable on the restaurant chair, even with my special cushion so I ate my symbolic hot dog standing up!!!

I know somewhat what I feel down below, but it is very tender and swollen, all within the range of normal, but plenty ouchy, and its new from what was there, so I don't really feel like I own it yet, it is getting better by the hour, and I just need to relax more, but I assure you I never want to do this again!!!!!

• Root Admin

Congratulations on reaching this milestone. I'm sure it's painful right now but it won't be that way forever. Now that this major hurdle is over It'll soon be back to every day life. :)

MaryEllen

Hi Vicky,

I'm so happy to hear that you're on the other side! I'm trying not to think about the ouch part too much, however.

But, there's a secret to that pain scale question: The answer is always 11. Keep the meds coming, and you'll feel better soon!

Love, Megan

Guest (Lightsider)

I am very happy for you Vicky! Awesome news that you are out and ok. The pain...Not so much good news. Not at least news I wanted to hear because I am facing that as well. So yeah I kind of wince when reading about your pain.

Maybe there is a reason I have spare pain meds...

Any way. :thumbsup: I am so glad to hear the news!! Big hugs for you.

Guest rikkicd64

God bless you Vicky, I am so glad to hear from you, you have been on my mind and in my heart, so glad that part is over for you and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Many hugs, Rikki.......

Wow Vicky, thanks for checking in. I could not stop thinking of you. I'm so glad all went well.

"even with my special cushion so I ate my symbolic hot dog standing up!!!" I died laughing at this! I see your humor is completely intact and healthy.

"but I assure you I never want to do this again!!!!!" Thank God you won't have to. It is your beautiful new sunrise in your life! Hug. JoyAnn

Congratulations!

It's a girl!

The really good news is that you will never have to do this again because they do not grow back.

Love ya,

Sally

• Admin

I'm glad you are safe and well and on the mend, my friend. Congrats on achieving this milestone, and on your determination and courage for seeing it through.

Despite the pain, I know you are happy, and that is what its all about, isn't it?

(((HUGS)))

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Great to hear from you Vicky, you have your sense of humor I can see, congrats to you !

Hugs

Cynthia -

Good to get the reports and know that all is (painfully?) ok and as it belongs. I'm very happy for you and a little bit envious. Look forward to seeing you in chat when it is right for you.

You've pretty awesome girlfriend!

Michelle

Congrats Vicky, glad to hear you are doing well,i don't know how i missed this post.

Paula

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 107 Guests (See full list)

• Susan R
    • Ashley0616
    • EasyE
    • VickySGV
    • Betty K
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Selkimur
    Newest Member
    Selkimur

1. BraxtonLee
      BraxtonLee
      (26 years old)
    2. Bryanna
      Bryanna
      (45 years old)
    3. Jayde1
      Jayde1
    4. Mireya
      Mireya
      (66 years old)
    5. Shellianne_Kay83
      Shellianne_Kay83
      (41 years old)
    • EasyE
      Don't think Americans would go for the "compulsory" part. We kind of like not being told what to do ... Amazingly, there is great pushback on voter ID laws. The opponents say it discourages voting, especially among the poor and minorities. That is really a smokescreen IMO for those who want to harvest ballots from as many places as possible, including folks who don't exist or don't hold citizenship... 
    • Betty K
      Pretty soon I think I might be ready to talk about gender-affirming care for kids, possibly w/r/t the Cass Review and its shortcomings.
    • KayC
      She was a beautiful young woman ...   "What we do know is that the offender was a very violent individual and should not have been on our streets.”  Whether gender related or not, the mental health and incarceration issues in our country are incredibly bad and need to be addressed.
    • Sally Stone
      April,   I'm glad my entries are interesting to you.  TransCentralPA is a great organization with so many caring people.  I would strongly recommend you find a way to attend the Keystone Conference.  I guarantee you'll find it an amazing experience.     Hugs,   Sally
    • KayC
    • KayC
      Dear @Sally Stone.  I think you should author a memoir based on these posts (maybe you're already working towards that?).  You could decide at a later time if/when you might want to publish.   I appreciate you sharing your deep connection with your friend Willa (and I am sorry for your loss) and the benefit of having a Trans friend and mentor in our Life and Journey.  I was fortunate to have found one also in our TGP friend @Kasumi63.   As you know we share many common Life themes in our stories.  Drop me a PM if you'd like to chat about it.  Looking forward to the next 'chapter'.
    • Mirrabooka
      Voting is compulsory here, for better or worse. Would doing the same in the US snap people out of their apathy?
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I am noting you use CRT terminology.  The comment is not out of the blue.  Some of your remarks on religion suggest atheism.  So it is believable that you are a Marxist, knowingly or not.  Are you?
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Congrats to your family on the new addition!
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Funny you think that I would be able to get through more than two sentences with how bad my stutter gets (joking, of course)   My topic would probably be mythology, random Japan factoids in my mind, or a favorite story   (Best option would be a fave story of mine including a lot of factoids on Japanese myths-)
    • Willow
      Congratulations @ivy. Nothing beats a family growing two feet at a time!
    • April Marie
      I read each of your entries and learn so much. Thank you, especially, for the TransCentralPA info. I have been looking fora group and activities where I could express myself safely and with support. I missed this year's conference but next year might be possible and I am going to look at their other events, too.
    • April Marie
      Leadership and Management, the differences and similarities between the two as well as the applications of military leadership principles across the spectrum of professions.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I have read numerous accounts of trans folk no longer being welcome among evangelicals.   I am here for help and fellowship not to rebuke anyone.  I can take a pretty high degree of insult, etc., and you haven't insulted me, to my recollection anyway :) and I usually let it go.  But I thought I would let it all out there.   I am sure I disagree with you on numerous issues.  I appreciate other people's viewpoints, including those who radically disagree with me.  Intellectual challenge is good. One thing I appreciate about @MaeBe.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Congrats!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.