• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest JeanieTallis

Hormones, Breasts And Penis Size

Guest JeanieTallis

Hey there ox.

Recently I've been having issues about breasts.

I have had Gender issues for about 2 years now, but ended up with the conclusion of thinking 'Its a gender... no point getting down about it'

Until the past few months, it's got to be pretty bad now, I would consider myself as Androgyne.

I've always fancied a female body, but at other times a male body.

The conclusion I came up with, is breasts.

I've had a thought which I've not changed about the genitals, which is;

The genitals you're born with work, keep it, don't get something that don't work.

I don't know the most reason stages in genital swaps, but I know it was/is true that you cannot get a fully functional genital organs. So, a MTF ending up giving birth, and have working ovaries with eggs and periods.

So I decided to actually keep my genitals, as I would like to be a dad later on in my life when being stable enough to do so.

What I decided that I would be perfectly happy with, is breasts.

I have been letting females go on Webcam, not for pervert reasons. They have breasts of course, and I feel like they should be on me instead.

It gets me down an awful lot.

I am 15, coming to 16, I'm going to wait atleast another 2 years or so before I actually get them, to make sure it is what I feel I should need.

The question I'm actually wanting to know the answer to.

As what I found out with female hormones, they develop breasts, but they also shrink the penis size, due to lack of testosterone. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I would like to know, if I started hormones later on in the future, how I'd be able to keep my penis size without it shrinking at all?

Thank you.

Jeanie ox

Guest April63

I don't think there is a way to take estrogen and grow breasts without shrinking your penis. Also, after enough time, you'll become sterile from taking the hormones (I think about 3 months). It is possible that you just get implants... but I think you'll still need a little more skin in that area for implants to really work..

April

Guest Elizabeth K

Well -we are not physicians nor are we therapists. What you ask for is an opinion which we can give, most of us basing on what we hear or what has happened to us.

You really need to talk with a gender dysphoria trained therapist before you do ANYTHING.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not get on illegal hormones - they are dangerous if unsupervised! You can have serious cardio-vascular damage, and you can destroy your liver.

That said - what you want? You want to be a virile male with breasts. OKAY - using hormones to grow breasts will have good and bad effects. I am MTF in transition - 4 1/2 months, so I speak from that experience. Taking enough hormones for breast development, essentiall chemically castrates you. The effects are pretty much permanent after awhile. That route also give you natural breast tissue, but it may not be what you are looking for, usually a cup size smaller than your genetic mother or female relatives. Many transpeople are okay with that - many want breast augmentation by surgery. And please understand you must be recommended by a therapist for HRT. Breast augmentation is usually simplier to obtain.

So do you simply have surgical breast augmentation? Perhaps - if you can get it. But understand these are not natural breasts. You will keep your verility though.

There is also an illegal breast-pumping technique - where nontrained people will give you commercial grade silicone injections - THESE ARE DEADLY, and they tend to migrate all over your body, sometimes straight to hour heart's blood supply. DEADLY remember

So what can be done? Well - wear breast prothesis - enhansers - silicone inserts.

Hope this helps

Lizzy

Guest JeanieTallis

Thank you for your replies.

Yes, I would get referred for HRT if I were to do so.

Thing is with breasts, the only real way to get natural breasts is HRT right?

I want natural breasts, and its tricky..

I don't fancy the idea of breasts which dont feel natural.

Guest April63

Yeah, I think HRT is the only way for natural breasts.

April

MaryEllen

It's a trade off. HRT is the only way to grow breasts naturally. The down side is, your genitals will atrophy, you will become sterile and your sexual libido will drop to very little or nothing. To receive HRT, you must see a gender therapist who, if he determines that you are transsexual, will write a letter of recommendation to a doctor for you to begin HRT. The doctor will probably insist on a full physical first to determine what hormones you can safely take. Taking hormones unsupervised can likely result in thrombosis, liver disease, stroke and heart attack. Are you willing to risk that? I'd think twice about this if I were you.

MaryEllen

Guest ~Brenda~

Dear Jeanie,

You do not have to face this all by yourself! That is what gender therapists are for. It is not your decision to take hormones, it is your doctor's. One step at a time dear, if you want to have a fully functioning penis then you do not want to take hormones! If your penis is just something that you need to change then talk to your doctor!! Breasts... well so many bio-women would like to have larger breasts!!

Take care and be smart about hormones, don't treat HRT as a hobbie!!

LOL

bernii

Guest mia 1

Even though you say nothing artificial or added you may try Breast Forms and walk around with that feeling for awhile..if you like that and you are happy with your genitalia think of implants a size A" would probably do..I've often fantasized about that myself..SHAKE PARTNER!!!

Guest JeanieTallis

Breasts forms are quite costly... I've been looking.

As I mentioned for hormones (i think)

If I was to take them, I'd not do it on my own. It's not something that I'm going to get tomorrow.

I know about the affects, and I'm not willing to risk it.

I just asked a general question, to see what would be best at this moment...

Sorry if it never came across that way.

xo

Guest JeanieTallis

What If I were to do HRT, what about if I then went back onto testosterone after feeling satisfied with the boobs? What would happen there, would the verility come back etc.

Guest Irielle

Jeanie -

I have the same issue as you about breasts. I want them so badly but don't want HRT because I don't want to lose my male abilities but maybe one day I will change my mind. I would only do it under a doctor's supervision.

Maybe implants are the answer, but that makes it hard when I want to pass as male, like at the gym or swimming pool and such. I might get to the point where it would be worth it to have the implants.

Right now I have breast forms and I love them, I feel great when I wear them. I can get depressed though when I dwell too much on the fact that they aren't real and I want real ones.

I wish I had a good answer.

Guest April63

Some masculine characteristics would come back. You would still be sterile, but you would probably start growing hair again... hairy boobs...

April