Jump to content
  • Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

    We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hmillerrr

Have any of you medically transitioned?

Recommended Posts

hmillerrr

Hey so I'm pretty sure I would consider myself gender queer but I definitely fall towards ftm more.. Idk my gender expression and my gender identity are not aligned and it confuses me. I'm pretty sure I would still like to start HRT regardless..is this okay? have any of u still medically transitioned? Idk I don't feel like my dsyphoria is that bad to start HRT. And as bad as this soinds , I wish for more dsyphoria just so I could have an "excuse" to transition (which I've come to find is a form of dysphoria in itself I think) but i just I don't know.. a m i valid? Have any of u experienced this? 

Share this post


Link to post
MaryMary

Each of our experience is unique. Yours in most certainly very valid. I have a lot of dysphoria and I certainly see why medical transition can be intriguing. If you haven't done so yet I suggest a gender therapist and maybe even talk with an endocrinologist and generally gather as much information as possible to at least have all the information before you take a decision.

 

when you say : "I don't feel like my dysphoria is that bad" what I understand (tell me if I'm wrong) is that you are quite confortable with your body? Because HRT aleviate some dysphoria but not all anyway. There's health risks associated with HRT and also it kind of trigger another puberty and an emotional roller coaster (IME).

 

My very personnal impression and my very own "moto" to make decisions for medical transition is to do as little as possible to have a shot at being happy and functionnal.

Share this post


Link to post
hmillerrr

Mmm I don't know if id say I'm COMFORTABLE with my body( I wansmt before my gender identity thing even ) but I agree with u as far as doing the least possible but at the same type I can't see myself looking the way I do now. idk I really wish I could understand myself more and explain it better @MaryMary I really appreciate the comment back

Share this post


Link to post
MarcieMarie12

With my girlfriend, she has great coping mechanism to the such that while she does feel dysphoria she does not get depressed by it.....at least that is what she says. She still transitioned to the point of HRT and going full time. Myself it did and I have had bottom surgery. A gender therapist might be of great help to you at this point. I found mine very helpful as I sorted my feelings out and learned to be honest with myself.

Share this post


Link to post
hmillerrr
11 hours ago, MarcieMarie12 said:

With my girlfriend, she has great coping mechanism to the such that while she does feel dysphoria she does not get depressed by it.....at least that is what she says. She still transitioned to the point of HRT and going full time. Myself it did and I have had bottom surgery. A gender therapist might be of great help to you at this point. I found mine very helpful as I sorted my feelings out and learned to be honest with myself.

Thank you @MarcieMarie12 this is really comforting to me to feel valid

Share this post


Link to post
Lorraine
On 9/30/2018 at 10:11 PM, hmillerrr said:

Hey so I'm pretty sure I would consider myself gender queer but I definitely fall towards ftm more.. Idk my gender expression and my gender identity are not aligned and it confuses me. I'm pretty sure I would still like to start HRT regardless..is this okay? have any of u still medically transitioned? Idk I don't feel like my dsyphoria is that bad to start HRT. And as bad as this soinds , I wish for more dsyphoria just so I could have an "excuse" to transition (which I've come to find is a form of dysphoria in itself I think) but i just I don't know.. a m i valid? Have any of u experienced this? 

Personally, l think the whole idea of gender identity is seriously over rated. It is further complicated by compounding it with gender expression. 

Maybe l am just old and boring but l am perfectly comfortable wearing what l want, when l want. I also express myself how, when and where l want.

Wanting or wishing to be more "dysphoric" (unhappy / uncomfortable), in order to justify hrt/transition, just does not seem right to me.

I tend to agree with others who have suggested professional help.

Share this post


Link to post
hmillerrr
Just now, Lorraine said:

Personally, l think the whole idea of gender identity is seriously over rated. It is further complicated by compounding it with gender expression. 

Maybe l am just old and boring but l am perfectly comfortable wearing what l want, when l want. I also express myself how, when and where l want.

Wanting or wishing to be more "dysphoric" (unhappy / uncomfortable), in order to justify hrt/transition, just does not seem right to me.

I tend to agree with others who have suggested professional help.

So basically, I don't have to fit any certain type of mold for hrt or that u think it's unnecessary given my post? @Lorraine

Share this post


Link to post
Lorraine

I think hrt has some very serious,  potentially life altering, and in many cases, permanent side effects.

Personally, l think you should think long and hard about who you are and whom you wish to become before engaging in such a serious undertaking. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Lorraine

Gender expression is totally fungible.  In other words, it can be whatever you want, whenever you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
VickySGV

I have Transitioned as far as I want to go.  Hormones & GCS but no face or boob work, and I have not had beard removal.  (My beard never was much and while not gone is now white and hairs are fine.)  I will not recommend any  procedure to anybody, but will give accurate information about MY experience when and if asked.  I will tell you if your ideas are dangerous, but I will not always start laughing at you if they are just silly.  

 

There are a wide range of possibilities for what you can do.  There is much more that you can do than cannot but based on your life and where you live.  With proper medical care from professionals it is possible to do a trial run on HRT for long enough to find out if it is right for you -- in most but not all places.  For some people, HRT is NOT the answer and they know it soon enough to go back.  A lot of good stuff has happened in the last 10 years since I did decide I was Trans and going to live it.  Its fun but tiring to me today.  Wow what a life.

Share this post


Link to post
hmillerrr
11 hours ago, VickySGV said:

I have Transitioned as far as I want to go.  Hormones & GCS but no face or boob work, and I have not had beard removal.  (My beard never was much and while not gone is now white and hairs are fine.)  I will not recommend any  procedure to anybody, but will give accurate information about MY experience when and if asked.  I will tell you if your ideas are dangerous, but I will not always start laughing at you if they are just silly.  

 

There are a wide range of possibilities for what you can do.  There is much more that you can do than cannot but based on your life and where you live.  With proper medical care from professionals it is possible to do a trial run on HRT for long enough to find out if it is right for you -- in most but not all places.  For some people, HRT is NOT the answer and they know it soon enough to go back.  A lot of good stuff has happened in the last 10 years since I did decide I was Trans and going to live it.  Its fun but tiring to me today.  Wow what a life.

Thank you @VickySGV I think after reading people's comments I think I know I want hormones it's just the fear of it all ya know? Bc I'm a hypochondriac and have been for as long as I can remember so im already thinking worse. N I would definitely try a trial period. Also I hope your day gets better Vicky. Stay positive, you've made it far

Share this post


Link to post
MaryMary
44 minutes ago, hmillerrr said:

@VickySGVBc I'm a hypochondriac

 OMG, same 🙋‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Kirsten

The important thing is to do what’s right for you. There’s no such thing as too much or not enough dysphoria/trans. Everyone is unique. 

Do what keeps you happy and proud of yourself whatever it may be. That’s all. Be happy with you and you’ll figure it out. 

 

I will say the hormone route is seriously something else though. Be prepared. It can be an amazing journey full of excitement and joy. But it’s a process that’s life altering and not easily, if at all, reversible. Once that cats out of the bag it’s hard to get it back in. 

 

Slow steady and on YOUR path. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
hmillerrr
5 hours ago, MaryMary said:

 OMG, same 🙋‍♀️

Hahaha I'll pray for us lmaooo

Share this post


Link to post
hmillerrr
5 hours ago, Kirsten said:

The important thing is to do what’s right for you. There’s no such thing as too much or not enough dysphoria/trans. Everyone is unique. 

Do what keeps you happy and proud of yourself whatever it may be. That’s all. Be happy with you and you’ll figure it out. 

 

I will say the hormone route is seriously something else though. Be prepared. It can be an amazing journey full of excitement and joy. But it’s a process that’s life altering and not easily, if at all, reversible. Once that cats out of the bag it’s hard to get it back in. 

 

Slow steady and on YOUR path. 

 

Thank you for being kind n understand ing @Kirsten

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)

    • Robin.C
    • Katharina
    • Lexi C
    • VickySGV
  • Topics With Zero Replies

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      71,656
    • Total Posts
      652,154
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      7,230
    • Most Online
      8,356

    carlly
    Newest Member
    carlly
    Joined
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. -Lucky_Deity-
      -Lucky_Deity-
      (23 years old)
    2. Violet_R
      Violet_R
      (24 years old)
  • Posts

    • Lexi C
      Hey Mex We all do that. Jackie is right it dose  take a lot of confidence and courage to wake up and be happy with you.  I know that sounds like some stupid Hallmark bull, but 2 yr ago i was ready to end it. I get the bills the booze  and wrote out a will. I took the bills drank the booze. Had the craziest nightmare. The next day i did not die,, i piss off. But it gave me some hope. Today i still get depress but not as bad and i stop judge myself against other CIS. Just head down , work save,  continue to fight  medical for my surgeries and work out.   Be safe, be proud and be happy being you            
    • KayC
      Congratulations, Emily! on your commitment to self improvement and the opportunity for compassionate service to your fellow human beings. You've made a great choice.  Now, go and get it❣️
    • KayC
      That's a great post @Sandra6sandy9sand!  thank you for sharing your thoughts and connecting with what I am sure many of us are feeling. Regardless of our personal situations or differences, if somebody cannot see how interconnected we are by Covid and societies problems then they are truly lost.  This is actually a great opportunity for a fundamental change in America's "constitution" and direction (i.e., America's social conscious and morality ... not the actual Constitution... I agree it hasn't changed)   VOTE 2020❣️  
    • KayC
      That's a great attitude Leah, and that you have been able to settle into a comfortable place.   I see the value of therapy for myself (and others here I assume) as helping us to find our inner voice and start to live truly as we feel we should.  Its difficult to sometimes deal with the negative feelings as we may try to convince ourselves that the path to our journey should follow societies expectations. I hate labels, I hate the idea that we are somehow required to declare/come out, but I also know that's the reality that society places on us. YES!  I agree❣️❣️❣️  
    • Andrea Jean
      My name was simple the female form of Andrew and used my moms middle name to honor her...
    • MomTGDaughter
      My daughter is a little shy about her transition. First of all, after nearly 5 months, she looks like a girl and hard to distinguish otherwise, especially at her young age. How did it workout for you or your daughter? School is not going to start right away in person, however it will be online and he name is very feminine. The school faculty has been updated about her new status, but the students don't know as of yet. I appreciate you sharing your experiences so I can better prepare her. 
    • HollyNoel
      OK so here might be a fun question for everyone.   After you started presenting as either a woman or man, have you ever either dated someone you knew, like a guy friend or a girl friend, or have you been hit on buy someone you knew? I would love to know if transitioning changed the friend dynamic or made old friends think differently about you. You don't have to respond and you don't have to get specific with any details. I'm just curious if old friends see you as a completely different person after your transition.
    • TransMex
      I compare the way I look with how other women look a lot. That's practically all I do all day at this point. I want to look like them.
    • HollyNoel
      Bri2020, I wish you luck, just know that what ever happens, you have us to get support from.. Did you like the duct tape hair removal thing.. lol
    • HollyNoel
      I had my first gender therapy session last Tuesday. I told her thatb I've always known that I was a girl fron the youngest age and that I wished I could have switched places with my sister. I told her that when I finally told my mom I felt like a giant crushing weight had been lifted off my chest. At this point in my life I feel I'm ready to have the surgery but I know they want to make sure I'm sure thats what I really want. I feel that that is the best course of action. I may feel I'm ready but I haven't even lived as a woman yet. Though I still feel I'm ready. I wont regret having it. Been a dream of mine since I was 12.
    • Bri2020
      I'm in the hair removal process anyways so.....     Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Lots to think about.
    • Jani
      Good for you!  👏  Thanks for getting involved. 
    • Jani
      Some do not like that the WPATH protocols and look at them as gatekeeping.  But the time required to get approval is done to ensure you are ready and fully understand the change.  As I told my therapist, I knew it would only change what's below my belt and that only I would know.  (unlike electrolysis or body changes from HRT).  Its doesn't change how you react to others, or any other "issues" one might have.  Those that regret surgery IMO are those who have not prepared and been honest with themselves.  Obviously living as a woman has its good and bad sides.  After all we live in a male dominated society.  That said, I don't believe anyone here has any regrets!  I certainly don't.
    • HollyNoel
      When I'm ready to come out on social media I'm just going to rip that duct tape right off and who ever decides they don't want to be around me or talk to me then I'm just going to let them go. There was only one person I was scared to tell and that was bmy mom, everyone else can just go lick a pickle! I can't keep caring about what people think of me. If they cared then they would be supportive and not judge me because of who I am on the outside. I'm still me, the wrapper doesn't change the candy bar. It's still the same candy on the inside. So for me at least, when it comes to social media, I'm just going to put it out there and whatever hair comes off with that sticky duct tape will have to just go.
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
      Thank you Jani and Sally,   We are all in this together. The woman I am wants to do something to help make things better. I know I can’t do anything about COVID other than wear a mask and be careful.   I’m going to work at our precinct for voting again in November. I feel that this is my little part to make sure that anyone who wants to vote has a chance.   Love and Hugs   Sandra
  • Upcoming Events

×
×
  • Create New...