• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

SeekingSadie

There's (probably maybe) an App for that!

SeekingSadie

I have discovered the "Voice Pitch Analyzer" app to be able to work on speaking in the range you want to.

I also discovered an app called "Slapp" which lets you take a selfie and then offers you foundation/makeup matches (trying to tempt you by their sponsors) but for folks like me that are not brave enough to go to a counter it gave me a starter on what colour to look for by matching the pictures and buying something similar online. 

So I thought if folks could add any apps they've personally found useful, it might also help someone else. x

tracy_j

It probably goes too deep for most, but I have used 'Praat' in the past. It is really for speech therapists, researchers and other experts I think but for the very technically minded it may be of use. It is open source.

http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/praat/

Tracy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• MaryMary
    • SeekingSadie
    • Kirsten
    • MaryEllen
    • ~Nova~
  • Who Was Online

99 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • MaryMary
    • SeekingSadie
    • Kirsten
    • MaryEllen
    • ~Nova~
    • Martyn
    • Terry
    • Willow421
    • kelseyn
    • Sharon Aml
    • RithiaAllen
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Heather L
    • VickySGV
    • Michelle F
    • MicahKj
    • Dev
    • Lizzie McTrucker
    • Petra Jane
    • BrandiBri
    • Dakota16
    • MelissaAndProudOfIt
    • Katie_marie
    • jenerosity
    • JustALonelyKid
    • Adaline
    • Reptidad
    • NewLife336
    • merwe
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Ashlee
    • Dilys C
    • Willa
    • Leo
    • JJ
    • Susan
    • Isabelle
    • ChickenLittle
    • Cyndee
    • Jani
    • Briana
    • Jackie C.
    • Arya
    • Timber Wolf
    • KC
    • KymmieL
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
    • Charlize
    • junebug
    • Katy Ann
    • Thomas
    • EvanC
    • ShipwreckedGirl
    • tgpuppie
    • SandraBear
    • tracy_j
    • Rowan
    • Sara w
    • Janeshannon
    • Perséfone
    • Rachael
    • Cluck1992
    • J_Perra
    • FalknerNessa98
    • DrumbeatAlex
    • nitehwk
    • Lane
    • Jocelyn
    • Zedarius
    • MarcieMarie12
    • jae bear
    • Brienne
    • Miss Linnea
    • My name isn’t Megan
    • Willow
    • AsTheCrow
    • Anslee_24
    • Shannon
    • Clara84
    • KeiraC
    • LarryCopano
    • Cmattison
    • Alexander003
    • Sara Marshall
    • CallMeKai
    • Lorry
    • Michelle P
    • JFK
    • Tam
    • Nickalas Tate
    • dinoduck
    • hmillerrr
    • Zalid
    • Ronin82
    • Ivyblossom
    • Cloee
    • Samsara
    • Jennifer T
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

tgpuppie
    Newest Member
    tgpuppie

1. Brendon
      Brendon
    2. Evan14
      Evan14
      (37 years old)
    3. WondringLisa
      WondringLisa
      (43 years old)
    • SeekingSadie
      Its good that you can communicate with your wife and understand her perspective even if its frustrating - be patient Kirsten, I am sure you will get your chance! X
    • Kirsten
      Some days I just hate having to be the bigger person though. Ya know?! Someday I’ll get my chance. I hope. 🤷🏻‍♀️   Yeah Brandi it is nice in red too. I didn’t see red in person, only black but I liked everything about it. Cut fit style etc.... just not meant to be I guess. 
    • BrandiBri
      Wow, that dress pops in red! I may have to order one for myself! The black is nice as well.
    • Lizzie McTrucker
      More than once I was looking for my phone while holding it. 😣
    • MaryMary
      that's why we say "one step at a time". Honestly my understanding always evolve. For me it's so deeply rooted in instinct and childhood irrationals. I'm always finding new ways to describe what I feel so people understand as best as possible. I find that to describe how we feel language still fall horribly short. This can cause some extra confusion. I hope you will clear some of that confusion and shine a light on what your feelings mean to you. Good luck on what's to come.
    • BrandiBri
      Happy Birthday Jayson! 🎂 Hope your day goes well!   Hugs,  Brandi
    • Kirsten
      I am skipping it I think. I think it’s too much for my wife. As what usually happens she finally told me the issue. She is worried that someone would say something about me and she believes that wearing anything like a dress will make me more of a target. And then the real reason finally came out. She sees all the changes and is just overwhelmed. She wants things to go slower. She wants me to be her version of transitioning. And that’s understandable I think. But only to a certain point. It was like the shoes thing. She didn’t want me wearing women’s shoes for months. But then one day it was ok. And at this point there isn’t issue with shoes.  Its so hard to walk that line between both of us being happy about this process. But I have to remember how much she has lost as well. How hard all of this is for her. How it will take her time too. It took me 30 years. I can’t expect her to come to terms in 7 months.  I am going to try to find something like a pair of high waisted slacks and a shimmery top. Nothing too fancy. Nothing too feminine. Even though it is who I am, it’s not what she can see yet. 
    • Reptidad
      Hello!          Let me start by saying hello to everyone. I knew when I was young that I landed in the wrong body. I prayed for God to take me at 9 years old. God hasn't taken me yet, and I am 51. Please know this Eliza. Go slow. Also be realistic. You sound like you have a plan. Remember cost. A fully functioning phalloplasty takes 2 or 3 surgeries. That is about 2 years worth. (healing, being able to use). I was quoted $50-55,000. Now, I am not here to be a downer. I want you to know that most surgeons do not work with Medicare. I have United Health Ins. through that and they will not work with it, they will give me an estimate. I cannot afford the procedure. BUT.....My friend, did get a metoidioplasty through Dr. Sherman Leis in PA, and is very happy. (That is the elongated clitoris). You said something about 4". This depends on how your built. The testosterone helps with the growth, I have been on it for 10 years.            If you "Google" FTM Bottom surgery you will get cost, the surgeons who do it, what is involved. You sound like you have it going on. The therapist letter is VERY important, appearing in public as the gender you wish to be is a stupid requirement, but must be done. (a therapist will vouch) I got everything but the $$. If I was a younger me, I would tell "me"....cost and a place to work like Starbucks. (they pay for your surgery!) Find out what insurance a surgeon will work with. It cost me $11,000 to go to San Francisco. $8,500 for the chest reconstruction and hotel, food, cab.            Only rely on you. YOU GOT THIS Eliza. IT CAN BE DONE. HAS BEEN DONE, AND I KNOW YOU WILL DO THIS.   
    • SugarMagnolia
      Having torn off the clothes off fear We stand naked in the world Exposing not our skin but our souls   And living bare in front of the world We cling tightly to the safety of the wreckage that was us Realizing, in time, that though adrift, we can swim   Why is there such gravity to being? We want each choice to be the right one We are infinitesimal Yet we're all we have   And Isn't it enough to be warm, safe and fed? Comfortable and loved? Though inevitably dead, we’re compelled To search for meaning in the wake of time   What does it mean to be human? What does it mean to be conscious? How will we use the time that we have left? How will we even use this moment?
    • SugarMagnolia
      Just a little doggerel after not being able to sleep the other night. It's OK to not have all the answers! 🙂     I'm not bothered when I don't know the time of day Or the weather tomorrow If I can't tell someone the way to this place or that Or where I got this hat   But it's two in the morning And it's somewhat demeaning That I have no answer In my search for meaning
    • Willow421
      MaryMary, thank you for your perspective on what it means to "look" or pass as female. I'm nowhere near this stage and still trying to understand what my feelings really mean to me, seeing a therapist help me process the issues. Dressing in your own style is so important, thank you for reminding people about that. I love the picture you posted in your sunglasses. You look awesome! Willow
    • Leo
      Kirsten, I like the dress you chose in black. Every woman needs a little black dress. The style and length is fairly neutral and can be dressed up or down so it is something you can wear on multiple occasions. Play around with different accessories, shoes, and jewelry to get the look you want.  Boots, lower heels, tights, Christmas themed jewelry are more casual, than 4 " heels and pearls. 
    • RithiaAllen
      Yes I agree. Part of it is because now it has an accent with the hair, shoes and the belt. It’s not all just one color.
    • SeekingSadie
      I know its easy for me to say sitting here in my closet on Google (Oh WOW I love the dress in that colour!), but if you know what's in store and what will fit in at the party and look good on you, and you know your wife will be happy doing her own thing then just go for it. Why not get dressed up? 
    • Kirsten
      Sadie, that second one is very nice. They do have my dress in red. But only online. I wouldn’t have it by Saturday so it’s gotta be something in-store. I have a charcoal gray turtleneck tunic that I can wear over my nice jeans if I don’t find anything.  I guess my issue is more that I just want to be dressed up someday. Being a parent of a 3 and 13 year old set of boys alone doesn’t allow much time for anything fancy. Add to that my wife who doesn’t even wear makeup and can’t walk in heels and it just seems like there is never a time to wear anything nice. Idk.  Here’s the dress in red. But it’s not in-store so not really an option either. 
  • Upcoming Events