Jump to content
  • Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

    We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Guest

Facial Feminization

Recommended Posts

Guest

Early transitioner with the following questions:

 

1).What degree facial feminization did you see in just HRT?

 

2). Beyond that, what procedures did you have done to pick up where HRT left off?

 

3). Were these procedures done during the early phase of HRT it after?

 

also, if anyone knows of any good cosmetic surgeons in or near Massachusetts, I’d greatly appreciate it.

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Dina

Share this post


Link to post
VickySGV

I have had nothing done other than HRT which has mostly affected my skin texture.  I should say HRT and a program of moisturization and cleaning which is simple enough.  The big thing HRT did was to calm me down and relax me, which showed on my face.  Being happy and content shows and if you need surgery for that  I see no problems with what YOU NEED.  I was evaluated by four cosmetic surgeons over a 2 years period and only a basic, but expensive little nose procedure to correct a cartilage tear from a five month old baby's head hitting it many years ago was recommended since I seem to have a fairly gender neutral  skull shape for my ethnic heritage.  I have even gotten by with only a few tiny bits of beard removal, but I still have to shave which does not bother me.  The face hair for me was always light in texture and not much of it at all.

 

In Massachusetts, the Fenway LGBT Health Center in Boston would be a good place to start looking for surgery referrals, and there are a couple of TG Conferences in that area each year where FFS surgeons usually give infomercials about their services and do mini-consultations which is what I did at first.  Surgery is NOT absolutely necessary to make you a fully Trans person, but if it is a dream, it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Raven1981

I have only been on HRT for 17 months now and I have noticed my skin has soften and my cheeks and dimples have filled out.  I have went and got a consult on FFS here in Phoenix.  The surgeon told me which is also what I want done as well for myself is my Chin and Jawline along with my nose.  The surgeon also mentioned about my crainal for my brows and lowering my hair line and making my forehead smaller.  But FFS is also usually up to the individual as the surgeon told me and what you want done vers what the surgeon see's that needs to be done.  Usually FFS is a combination of alot of little things and usually cost more than GCS

Share this post


Link to post
Kirsten

This is all right on point. I have started seeing my cheeks lift and fill out. My eyes look different as well (idk what’s different but they are a lot different) and even my chin and jaw have softened a lot lately. 

My gender therapist talked me right out of staying here in Boston for ffs. She says the good guy here is an arse and doesn’t take much insurance at all. And very expensive. She referred me to someone in Chicago for that. Don’t have the name with me, but he’s supposedly very well known. But is retiring in like 2-3 years she told me. You may be better off looking away from this area. And there aren’t many here anyways. And nothing for gcs. 

Beware of Fenway healths recommendations as well. The person they told me about for gcs has done 0 surgeries! Literally 0! No freaking way!! Great place. Very friendly. But they are very connected with local hospitals and really want their name at the top of the transcare  list I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
3 hours ago, VickySGV said:

I have had nothing done other than HRT which has mostly affected my skin texture.  I should say HRT and a program of moisturization and cleaning which is simple enough.  The big thing HRT did was to calm me down and relax me, which showed on my face.  Being happy and content shows and if you need surgery for that  I see no problems with what YOU NEED.  I was evaluated by four cosmetic surgeons over a 2 years period and only a basic, but expensive little nose procedure to correct a cartilage tear from a five month old baby's head hitting it many years ago was recommended since I seem to have a fairly gender neutral  skull shape for my ethnic heritage.  I have even gotten by with only a few tiny bits of beard removal, but I still have to shave which does not bother me.  The face hair for me was always light in texture and not much of it at all.

 

In Massachusetts, the Fenway LGBT Health Center in Boston would be a good place to start looking for surgery referrals, and there are a couple of TG Conferences in that area each year where FFS surgeons usually give infomercials about their services and do mini-consultations which is what I did at first.  Surgery is NOT absolutely necessary to make you a fully Trans person, but if it is a dream, it is.

 

 

That’s very encouraging though I know my mileage may vary. I’m very much down for FFS surgery but would prefer not to need it beyond what HRT does. I’d rather keep my financial resources available for bottom surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
10 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

This is all right on point. I have started seeing my cheeks lift and fill out. My eyes look different as well (idk what’s different but they are a lot different) and even my chin and jaw have softened a lot lately. 

My gender therapist talked me right out of staying here in Boston for ffs. She says the good guy here is an arse and doesn’t take much insurance at all. And very expensive. She referred me to someone in Chicago for that. Don’t have the name with me, but he’s supposedly very well known. But is retiring in like 2-3 years she told me. You may be better off looking away from this area. And there aren’t many here anyways. And nothing for gcs. 

Beware of Fenway healths recommendations as well. The person they told me about for gcs has done 0 surgeries! Literally 0! No freaking way!! Great place. Very friendly. But they are very connected with local hospitals and really want their name at the top of the transcare  list I think. 

 

Thanks for the advice about Fenway. I tend to hear mostly good things about them but would be interested in any other local clinics. I’m considered planned parenthood as they’re informed consent for most things.

Share this post


Link to post
Kirsten

Sent you a pm 

Share this post


Link to post
Jani

As a counterpoint, I have nothing bad to say about Fenway Health.  They've been good for me.  

 

Jani

Share this post


Link to post
Astrid
5 hours ago, Nebulous said:

would be interested in any other local clinics

 

North of Boston, Greater Lawrence Family Health Center offers transcare:

https://glfhc.org/transgender-care/

 

Best,

 

Astrid

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
10 hours ago, Astrid said:

 

North of Boston, Greater Lawrence Family Health Center offers transcare:

https://glfhc.org/transgender-care/

 

Best,

 

Astrid

 

Thanks- Do you know if they’re informed consent?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 77 Guests (See full list)

    • Robin.C
    • Becoming Jordan
    • K-pop
    • Petra Jane
    • Mary Jane
  • Topics With Zero Replies

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      71,403
    • Total Posts
      649,022
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      7,099
    • Most Online
      8,356

    Newest Member
    _x.anime.x
    Joined
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Mia
      Mia
      (28 years old)
  • Posts

    • Mary Jane
      Hi I’m Mary Jane pretty sure I’m transgender but also maybe 2 other genders gender fluid or bigender 16 right now I’m kind, a thinker, I think a little too perceptive on some things, like to have fun but I also work hard, sensitive but I don’t know how sensitive, I know myself pretty well, i can look at different points of views and consider each like what people most likely always think of me in school (which I’m most likely boring to most people at school). Also I may be kind and sensitive but thanks to me dealing with bullies for a while I can be stop being sensitive and I can be mean if needed or if something triggers that part of me like if someone is mean to me   and I usually don’t say this anywhere but I’m smart I don’t know how smart (can it even be truly measured? As in how smart someone is)    just us in case you don’t know: I like to have fun like playing video games, going to the amusement park, watching great movies, etc and I like to hang out with people if they’re not too mean to me or to anyone   Ps still trying to figure out my gender
    • Mia Marie
      Good luck Jackie. I know things will go fine.
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, Robin.  Yes, recognizing the truth of who you are and taking that first step are huge milestones, and scary ones.  We've all been there and know how you feel.  You are in a safe place, and among friends who understand.  It is a long road but one successfully traveled by many.  I started my journey at the age of 55, and 11 years later I'm doing fine and am happy.   No one can predict what your path will bring, least of all me.  But we can help out with answers, advice, support and resources.  Ask and ye shall receive.    HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Robin.C
      I'm not sure how to begin so I'll say hello to everyone. The forced changes here caused by COVID made me look at myself a bit closer than I'd expected. Having spent the last 50+ years circling the sun not understanding why I've never really fitted in anywhere I stumbled across one of Jackies (Rabbit) videos and .. (damnit I'm nearly crying, how does that happen ?, okay got it back together - is this going to happen - i kinda hope so) realized what I've been denying to myself. Now I'm trying to learn what I need to know to become ME. This is the first time I've said anything to anyone about how I'm feeling.   I should say I've been reading a lot of posts and now feel a bit less scared to post (so is this where the journey really begins, finally telling others how you feel or did it begin 40 years ago ?)   Robin    
    • IcamoutofthePANtry
      Hi there! I've been really questioning my gender for the past month and I'm kinda confused. For context, I am AFAB, I was raised Roman Catholic, I suffer from depression and anxiety, and I've had a close brush with anorexia. I have always hated my body and the way I look. I used to think it was body dysmorphia, but I don't have visual distortions. I see myself as I am and I hate it. But I also have self esteem issues and depression and anxiety, so I don't know if it's just my pile of mental issues or gender dysphoria. I've always hated being stereo typically feminine. I hate pink and dresses and doing anything with my hair aside from brushing and washing it. I hate shaving anywhere and I hate high heels. I understand that anyone can like these things, but I've always hated them. I REFUSE to wear makeup, except for plays and such. I won't even cover up acne with concealer. Again, anyone can like these things, but in my culture and mind they are feminine, therefore I avoid them. Someone please help me T_T
    • IcamoutofthePANtry
      I have never heard the name Loic Nice and unique! I like it
    • Astrid
      @ElizabethStar Hugs for you, Liz.  Lots of hugs.  Absolutely, you're right to vent about an experience like that.     Astrid
    • RobynNYC
      So amazing @ShawnaLeigh    happy name day!!!!     🎂🎂🎂🚺🚺🚺❗️❗️❗️
    • Susan R
      Hi @Holly92, nice to meet you. I have likely experienced some of the same things you have. I am also a bisexual woman but that is only part of who I am so we probably have many more differences than likenesses. I would enjoy learning more about those differences if you feel open to sharing them. I’m sure many others here would also. Thanks for sharing a part of yourself today.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • Mary Jane
      also im 16
    • Mary Jane
      yea im going trough a similar experience im coping by settling on genders i think i am one of those is transgender the others are genderfluid and bigender i honestly think im one of those because clothes wise i want more variety, pronoun wise im fine with both he/him and she/her at least so far, and most days i feel like im in the middle of being a boy or being a girl the 1st one is for trans the 2nd genderflui and the 3rd bigender i just settle on one of those when im wondering my gender so maybe find genders that are you and say your one of them or say your all of them
    • _x.anime.x
      Hey so im katherine 15 (I know I'm young I hope thats okay) I'm struggling with gender identity some days i just want to snap my fingers and change my body completely (as in no vag or breasts to having a p and some times neither) however im happy with using she/her terms but I feel like im wrong in the way that I don't experience high levels of body dysphoria which from my understanding please correct if im wrong is what kind of tells you in a way what gender you are (sorry if that was incorrect) its really stressing me out and some days I just feel so distant from my body and its not like I want to instantly have the "male" body its just like I don't want anything (but sometimes male or female and even both) but the term genderfluid doesn't sit well as even when I feel like a male i still wear stereotypical female clothing which i know sounds like a stupid excuse but from some if the gender fluid people i have met they have said thats how they deal with it sorry if I'm not making any sense however i was wondering if anyone is going through something similar and how they are coping with it
    • KymmieL
      Holly, Welcome to Transpulse. We are all family here. a nonjudgmental place to express yourself, ask questions, find answers, and be who ou need to be.   Kymmie
    • Ryan
      Welcome, Holly. 👋
    • Holly92
      Hi everybody, nervous and excited to join the forum!   My name is Holly, I'm 27 AMAB and have just started seriously exploring my gender dysphoria. I think I have known for a long time that I am a bisexual woman, however I have only just come out to my girlfriend and nobody else yet. I am still exploring how I want to progress going forward, but I thought a simple introduction was a great place to start. I'll probably be posting a lot on the other forums, but if anybody that has had a similar experience to me, please feel free to contact me and have a chat :)   Much love, Holly
  • Upcoming Events

×
×
  • Create New...