• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

DeeDee

motivation

DeeDee

It can be so hard to get out the house, but when the weather is this nice I managed to get motivated to go for a jog by rewarding myself with a swim afterwards,  I am aiming to go out 3 times a week. Did 2.3 miles along he beach and then a wee ocean swim to cool off... easy when it's nice but how do people stay motivated in winter when it is dark and wet?

20190826_120824.thumb.jpg.6abc24017de0af484ded0fb5b52801f9.jpg

AnnaD

nice picture (jt might be removed soon im not sure if its allowed to do that)

i think that you have to realise that it does you good to go out in the winter, and you could probably reward yourself more when you do it

DeeDee

Thanks Anna, the picture is small enough to not break any site rules as far as I can tell but I am always happy if the mods decide to edit my posts as they know more than I do about what is allowed ;)  I know the exercise does me good but I am quite emotionally led when it comes to going out in the cold, wet darkness specifically to run.  I actually love walking in the rain as I tend to get the world to myself :) 

MaryEllen

The picture is fine.  Very scenic. :)

Alex C

wow. If I leave that close to beauty I would jog come rain or come sun...Why to amazing not to enjoy it.

Charlize

Lovely picture of a beautiful place.  I guess i'm fortunate because while i don't jog or go to the gym my work on the farm continues year long.  Sometimes it is quite vigorous.  Unfortunately while we have a pond it isn't great for swimming and certainly isn't as scenic as your "swimming hole".

Hugs,

Charlize

tracy_j

Lovely picture, and the beach pretty much to yourself 😊. In Scotland though, I suppose it does get bleaker in the winter. Actually one thing I love is to walk through the frozen snow in the countryside in the winter. I find it a very good workout as hard work. Driving tends to be fun too although the risks outweigh that - give me a rally car lol. These days with the global warming it is a few years now since I have a a good walk like that though. One advantage is that it is far drier so can be very pleasant out walking in the cooler weather. Our side of the UK is probably the driest area. This year I managed to get out several times a week all through since Christmas until quite recently without encountering rain, and not too boggy either. In winters of old the ground used to be pretty much frozen for all of January but these days, seldom, so it can get rather soft. Although I prefer the warmer weather, I do look forward to wearing my winter outfits. To some extent it takes less thinking about than the skimpy clothes of the summer.

Tracy

AnnaD
On 8/26/2019 at 10:06 PM, DeeDee said:

Thanks Anna, the picture is small enough to not break any site rules as far as I can tell but I am always happy if the mods decide to edit my posts as they know more than I do about what is allowed ;)  I know the exercise does me good but I am quite emotionally led when it comes to going out in the cold, wet darkness specifically to run.  I actually love walking in the rain as I tend to get the world to myself :) 

sorry for the very late reply, but i like the rain too. makes a nice sound, especially on an umbrella 🙂

DeeDee

No worries Anna, you are going to need that brolly now we are into winter! I have not been keeping well recently, but am starting to feel better so I intend to start going back out again next week - I have actually missed my morning jogs, and mens running tights are just socially acceptable leggings so it feels nice wearing them out in public too. 😉

tracy_j

It's interesting you say that DeeDee. I remember a year or two back when in my work clothes (so male) buying some more sporty womens leggings from Topshop and asking the assistant about sizing. She said that quite a few men bought them. It seems to work both ways.

Tracy

Charlize

When i was racing bikes i loved the look and feel of lycra.  The sport also gave me an excuse for shaving my legs.

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 73 Guests (See full list)

• Astrid
    • Connor42
    • Charlize
    • Adrian Doyle
    • SaraAW
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Christian S
    Newest Member
    Christian S

1. Harriet1958
      Harriet1958
      (61 years old)
    2. SandraBear
      SandraBear
    • Charlize
      Welcome.  I went to a gender therapist and she was there to help my wife as well.  It sounds like you have a wonderful relationship.  Try to take a deep breath and give whatever happens some time for both you and Hannah.  My wife said she could never be a lesbian.  What friends and relations would think was overwhelming.  It has taken time but we are doing better than ever.  Certainly things have changed but love has grown.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Charlize
      Yesterday we sent out a pile of cards to family and friends.  Today i'll head to the PO with packed presents to send out.  This time of year is always busy but with bad weather and the melancholy that can come with holidays it's good to be busy!   Hugs,   Charlize 
    • SaraAW
      Good advice from Jani. Really good on you for being supportive. My spouse is not so supportive of me, but we are still together and I do love her dearly. I can’t see it from your perspective, but I can tell you what I want from my wife, which may be similar to your wife’s, maybe it will help you some.    1) Acceptance that I am not Cis and that I don’t truly know yet what I need to be comfortable within myself.     It sounds like you’re already working on this one.    2) Time. Time for both of us to process our feelings, find an understanding and work through challenges. What today may seem like a deal breaker for either of us, with time and #3 we may find acceptance, understanding and compromise.    As this all happened yesterday for you, this may be really pertinent.    3) Honest and open dialogue. She needs to know how I feel and I know to know how she feels. Without this, we will never be able to discuss the challenges each of us are facing and overcome them.  This also includes sharing what hard lines exist today for us both.    It sounds like you already have this in place, so don’t let it slip.    4) The ability to self express my identity when I need to. I can suppress for awhile, but the longer I do, the more I hurt.  5) Some compromises. Like any other part of a relationship, there needs to be compromises. It can’t be all one sided.  I hope you find some of this helpful. *hugs*
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I am in this mode still too.  Shopping "male" but being female inside is hard for me now.  My wife does help me at times when out shopping.  She finds such great deals for the clothing I truly want.  Which in itself is female training on her part.  LOL We have even bough some of it together.  She gets mad that I am in a smaller size pant/legging then she is.  Though Id trade her for her hips and butt any day! I am not slowing my transition for anyone any longer, I am not speeding down the highway either.  I am letting it happen organically.  ON hold this month still.  My continued coming out will be in January.  Tough ones coming up for me but I have to do it.  I am an impatient girl.   Its always a personal choice to do what and when and how fast when talking about transition.  I respect your feelings on what you are deciding to do.  Good Luck my friend.
    • Charlize
      Congratulations Michelle.  A scary journey to be sure.  May it bring you joy!   Hugs,   Charlize  
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Very good news indeed!  Congrats for getting this far.  Almost there!
    • SaraAW
      Congratulations Michelle! *hugs*
    • SaraAW
      Possibly going out shopping with a colleague and friend from work. It is a yearly tradition where we go out shopping for our wives and family, usually grabbing some dinner too. This is male mode shopping as I am still not out. Not sure I’m going to socially transition anytime soon in an effort to save my marriage.    I look forward to this as he’s a good friend and he works remotely, so we don’t get together often.    Got a chill today, hoping my tea warms me up.    Have a great day everyone. *hugs*
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I think it is wise to plan for a future with and without your marriage.  Planning does not mean doing.  Just making sure you will be taken care of if anything happens. I agree with Jani, try to find a common ground.  Right now it seems impossible.  But given time everybody will absorb what's going on and think about it better once the hurt and pain and shock of it all fades.  As has been said before, we have had a lot of time to process this issue.  The consider things.  Our wives have not and it will take them time too.  I'm not saying she will make a 100% turn around but surely she cares enough about the family to at least talk about it and try to make things better. I find this is happening in my marriage.  Though it is still on a course of the big D like you say, it is more a transformation of itself into something that will keep us together, in part, just not legally married after a certain point.  I too am trying to prepare for a future with out her.   But the stress of it all is fading each day and we seem to be doing good for now.  Day by day is all we can do.
    • TammyAnne
      Dentist and Therapy today. So it's going to be less fun: no drawing but maybe a little guitar playing later. Time to make coffee and get started. Snowy weather predicted for the day too. I am not so warm and fuzzy about driving in that. Cheers and a big hug for all. TA
    • shelly_koleva83
      Sorry,   I know that I become too obsesive and that I am kind of overemoitonal and a bit too honest even when my opinion is consisted of pure naivity/stupidty.   I will share with you my struggled, poor, Enlgish writngs on Medium, my profile.   You know: If we going to fail, let's do it on a bigger stage! LOL   https://medium.com/@michellekoleva
    • tracy_j
      At this point in the year, near Christmas, I get bouncy to the extreme - so up and down, one time major depression then a bit later happy again. It started me, just after Christmas last year,  going out for walks several days a week as these seemed to cure my depression and do keep me fitter (and busier as I usually do over ten and occasionally toward twenty miles a week out in the countryside). It was bad at the end of last week but I am Ok at the moment, looking forward to my daily pot of coffee. I think the dreary weather has a lot to do with it.   Enjoy your day everyone!   Tracy
    • tracy_j
      A bit like the blackboard chalk the teacher used to throw across the room?   It wasn't my first but I still have a Vic-20. I bought it cheap when a shop was clearing stock to use for interfacing. It's some while since I powered it up though.   More seriously though  Aidan - As Charlize said, hang in there, it does get better with time. Keeping yourself busy, as you have to, at least keeps you occupied. Plan to what you can do when the time comes as it sounds like to may have little help from home.   Tracy
    • shelly_koleva83
      Thank you all!   If it becomes unbearable it's sure that I might not continue reading it. As I said for now the forewords from Ruth Barrett and Germaine Greer (we know who the second one is for sure) are the transphobic part, but I am at the beigining.    So I prepared the antidotes, as well: Julia Serano's classic "Whipping Girl" and my own counter-points review at Medium.     Hugs!      
    • Michelle F
      Cool... we're nearly neighbors!
  • Upcoming Events