• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Aidan5

Teachers and substitutes

Aidan5

Today during Anatomy and Physiology I saw that we had a substitute and my anxiety levels spiked because the teachers lists have my deadname on it. He starts announcing names and kids call back announcing their presence, I dreaded the thought of hearing my name but when he got to me he said "Aidan Hoyle" and I actually let out a sigh of relief and appreciation for my teacher, she had edited my name on the roll call sheet and printed out all new ones, just to get my name in as Aidan instead of my legal name.

She knows I am trans and uses male pronouns on me which automatically makes her on of my favorite teachers besides my online course teacher/ 2nd year history teacher, Every morning she would greet me, making sure she used my preferred name and asked me how I was doing. It made me feel so much better about myself. I think these kinds of teachers need more appreciation for what they do, it really does make a difference to me with their presence. 

Some of my peers are still oblivious to the fact that I am trans, and still believe that I am a cis guy and it feels great, but I also feel like I am lying to them.  

My brother still refuses to call me Aidan or AJ or even just A. We used to be so close and I wish he would come around. I did tell him I was Bisexual and he just called me a lesbian. I will just ignore him though. Other than that I had a really great day.

Carolyn Marie

I can totally understand why you're feeling great about the day.  You have a wonderful teacher, Aidan.  Great to hear.

Carolyn Marie

Jani

Its so nice nice to have an ally in school like this.  Very good @Aidan5!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 96 Guests (See full list)

• Dana Michelle
    • J.Ryan
    • Alex C
    • JoniSteph
    • Trisha17
    • Jani
    • A. Dillon
    • Debra Michelle
    • KymmieL
    • Bree76
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Teejay
    Newest Member
    Teejay

1. Emmacd
      Emmacd
      (43 years old)
    2. Fish(i just want answers)
      Fish(i just want answers)
    3. Rainford
      Rainford
    • Alex C
      Well Mary what you decided you make it word. Be proud, Be safe and Kick Ass
    • Jani
      I'm going to need eye surgery this year for early onset of cataracts due to my medication.  I've been terrified of this but have been told by many (including my parents) that its quick, simple and painless.  So my fear has been ramped down considerably.  My spouse had Lasik surgery years ago (very similar) and she experienced no pain or side effects.  So when the time comes don't be fearful.    
    • Debra Michelle
      Went in for my eye exam which I do have done each year.Eye doctor did see something with my left eye, astigmatism and told me time for glasses or surgery.Decided on the glasses which are on order.There was no way they were going to stick something in my eye to fix it.I did see a few of the letters were blurry
    • Astrid
      Waving to you, Ivy!  Good to see another non-binary person join us!  We're all here for each other.   Best wishes on the journey ahead,   Astrid
    • Astrid
      I began HRT on Dec 4th, 2019, less than 3 months ago.  Everyone's timetable will vary.   Mine certainly did:  breast soreness began at 3 weeks, breast buds formed at 4 weeks, and tissue growth began in earnest.  I understand why my doctor said that growth usually doesn't begin until 3 to 6 months in (because that's the average response she sees in her patients).  As I've remarked elsewhere in other posts, I've actually reduced my patch size/daily dose to slow growth down, as I'm non-binary and don't have significant breast growth as a goal.  I'm a living experiment in whether, for me, I can continue with microdosing.  The coming 6 months or so will tell, I think.   Body hair (for example, on legs) is now smoother.  Chest hair isn't, because I'm at the stage where electrolysis has removed almost all of it 😊.   Since an initial flurry of questions (via the health portal for my HRT facility), I've personally found a less stressful approach for me is to chill a bit and not be super-anxious about every small little thing I might notice.  It will happen when it happens, if it happens.  I'm just happy that estradiol really IS addressing my dysphoria -- I now have positive developments that I can dwell on, even small ones, and that's a good thing!  And, yes, I cherish being more emotional, too!   Astrid
    • ToniTone
      Welcome Ivy! This forum is a very supportive place with lots of friendly people. Glad you are here with us 💕   ~Toni
    • Charlize
      Welcome Ivy. My time here certainly has helped me live as and accept myself. Hope you find the same!   Hugs,   Charlize
    • MaryMary
      I spent a lot of time learning to talk with a deep voice and a lot of time learning to "retalk" with a higher voice, lol This puberphonia thing earned me a lot of abuse, lol
    • Charlize
      I have never heard of that.  Interesting for sure.  Perhaps wiki should add another possible cause?  I remember when my voice was going through change.  I hated that time.  I've only spoken to one voice "expert" and she notes that my voice fits well into the female spectrum for someone who spent years smoking.  That's me, unfortunately.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • TammyAnne
      The VA adheres to the most current WPATH standards. If you go to a VA healthcare facility you can either contact the LGBT facilitator directly, or go to Primary Care Mental Health and ask to be referred to a Gender Therapist. They are caring, professional and discreet. There are some limits to what can be covered, cosmetic procedures are not covered, but counseling, HRT and all associated care including medications, endocrinology, etc. are all covered. I am a VA client and was actually referred to this website by my VA gender therapist. TA
    • TammyAnne
      Hi and welcome Ivy. Glad you're here. TA
    • TammyAnne
      Hi Dearheart, I'm northeast of you in Searcy County. Arkansas can be such a mixed bag, mostly people tend to live and let live. Like you I am non-binary (well really gender nonconforming tending towards feminine). While I would love to present as totally female, for me it is a bridge too far. However, as Jani suggested, I wouldn't be too concerned about your size or bone structure. I've met some farm girls who could easily crush me and I'm not little. As to voice, that too is a spectrum. Mae West had a very husky voice. No one ever presumed she was male. I am proud of you, glad you found us, and hope things continue to go smoothly with your classroom. TA
    • MaryMary
      I discovered something tonight... what I had when I was a teenager actually has a name! After the word transgender I discovered at like 31, at 38 I discover this. I was laughing when reading the potential causes :   Emotional stress[12] Resistance to pubertal changes[3]   lol... in other word... gender dysphoria 🤣 I'm happy to know this because I always struggled describing it and explaining when I had to. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puberphonia
    • Taylor
      Thanks for the responses so far. I realize it will take some time. More curious than anything, about people who may have experienced thing rather early on or later than usual.     It hasn't quite been a week yet, and some of it might be in my head, but over the weekend I did have a rather short tingling-itch in my chest. I also felt like my skin may have been a bit softer after my last shave, but it may have just been a closer shave that made it feel smoother.       Yeah. I know age can be a big factor. I'm glad I'm able to start transitioning now, at 25, than it being much later. Of course there is the part of me that wishes I would've realized things earlier in life, but it's not really productive to dwell on the past like that. (I would assume plenty of people here feel similarly about coming out, transitioning, etc.). Personally hips aren't really a big concern, a little shape would be nice... but not a big deal. I am kind of looking forward to the emotional stuff though, though I feel a bit weird for that.   Hope you do you your visit from the boob fairy though, Jackie.
    • Suzanne1
      OOPs, sorry; the main title is Woman's Evolution, what's I wrote above is the subtitle.  Sorry, it's been awhile.   Best wishes to the new member.
  • Upcoming Events