• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

lauraincolumbia

Lost 25 Pounds!!!

lauraincolumbia

Hi All,

i stepped on the scale this morning for my biweekly weigh in and am proud to say Ive lost 25 in the last three months!  I’m below 200 pounds for the first time in years.

Im so happy, that i want to shout it from the roof!

SaraAW

Congrats!  That's exciting.  Do you have a target weight you're working towards?

lauraincolumbia

I would like to get to 180-185.  At my height, that puts me in the healthy BMI zone.   
If i was to lose that much, i wouls need a totally new wardrobe.   I would probably be a size 8-10,  while right now Im a 14.

SaraAW

Cool, I have a similar goal, but having a heck of time moving the needle.  I'm holding steady between 212-216, size 14 too.  At 6'2" and that weight, especially if I can keep the tone I have in some areas, I think I'll be pretty pleased.

lauraincolumbia

Im 6’2” also, or at least used to be.    Also was a swimmer with broad shoulders,  so im hoping that as i lose weight,  I’ll lose some around the shoulders too..

might be wishful thinking though.

Sally Stone

Congrats Laura,

Losing weight has so many benefits, like: making you you healthier, and it can be quite feminizing.  I happen to be 6'2" as well, must be a popular height.  I have been using Weight Watchers for several years now, and when I'm very diligent, the program is extremely effective.  I lost 40 pounds approximately 4 years ago and have managed to keep it off, although, I do fluctuate a bit.  Again, that's from not being so diligent.

When I lost that 40 pounds, I had to completely update my wardrobe.  That was the downside, but the upside was I got to do a lot of shopping.

Hugs,

Sally 

SaraAW

I'm fairly lean except in my midsection, but I do have a broad skeleton.  Went hyper-masc in the gym a couple of years ago.  Really muscled up, but still couldn't get the darn belly fat to go.  I'm going to have to adjust down my caloric intake further, as I just can't get moving past the 210's, and i'm still exercising, just not as crazy as I was.  I was 230 about 1 year ago, so I've lost and kept off about 20 lbs.

Sally Stone

Sara, what amazes me is just how few calories we need to maintain our body weight, especially as we get older.  Until I started tracking my food intake, I didn't realize how much more I was eating than I actually needed.  It's easy to see why weight loss and weight maintenance are so difficult.

Hugs,

Sally

SaraAW

Yes, diet has way more influence on weight loss than exercise.  The formula is simple: take in fewer calories than you expend.  The execution of that is a lot easier said than done, especially if your not counting, even at a basic level.

lauraincolumbia

Yes,

i really didn’t make many changes to exercise.  Just made sure to do something everyday.

My big change was diet.  Cut out almost all sweets, and processed foods.   I also tried to switch my snacks to fruit or vegetables.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 147 Guests (See full list)

• MikaReich
    • VickySGV
    • Just Lee
    • QuestioningAmber
    • Tori M
    • Emily michelle
    • Mx.Drago
    • KathyLauren
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

JackieNNJ
    Newest Member
    JackieNNJ

1. SoSarah
      SoSarah
      (61 years old)
    2. Xlandral
      Xlandral
      (19 years old)
    • VickySGV
    • Just Lee
      Yes, without a doubt, you're a great looking blonde and it goes beautifully with your complexion. 
    • Emily michelle
      I love the look. I really like your makeup I wish I was that good.
    • Emily michelle
      Well to update this my boss came up to me this afternoon and I need to cut my hair because I look “fagish” whatever that means. He said he can deal with it as long as I wear a hat or my hard hat.
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Oh I do not take offense and I read through all of what you had wrote and found it very interesting.  I was just saying I did not follow it at this time as I am an impatient person and frankly I am also a tad overwhelmed in my own life with recent events unfolding extremely fast. I certainly appreciate you doing this as it can be a very helpful process for many of us.   Tori I do not understand this.  I do not feel what I had said falls into a brain dysphoria.  Perhaps it does and I do not realize it.  I'm always open for opinions and positive criticism. 
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Ok ladies and gentlemen here is an updated photo in my daily makeup.   
    • Mmindy
      We own one of those new digital/talking scales. When I step on it in the morning it quickly response with; Hey! One person at a time!   #joke   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • Willow
      Hi everyone    Love the new pic Patti.  Good luck with the Job interview Shawna.   I had a great day today.  My wife and I went shopping.  Michael’s for some sewing items them our mall to window shop.  No one appeared to see anything but two women shopping together.  Never got misgendered.  Even got a complement on the dress I was wearing.  This just topped off a great weekend.   Willow    
    • Mx.Drago
      I agree with @Gaylord Still great work and great words.
    • VickySGV
      Thank you for talking about this and learning.  Before this Virus problem started I used to get flyers from ULTA and Sephora cosmetics and their stuff had scratch and sniff inserts in them.  My computer chair is near where the mail drops in, and more than once I have rolled the chair wheels over the flyers, and set off the samples.  They can have me sneezing for an hour or two.  In my CD days, the stronger the perfume smell was the desired motif, I do not miss those times.
    • Jackie C.
      I'm guessing you went noseblind to it. My dad's the same way with cologne. He wore it every day for a while, and after some time passed it started to get stronger... and stronger...   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      I shop at Torrid, Long Tall Sally, Target and the local thrift stores. I like cruising the resale shops with my wife, it's a fun outing and sometimes I get something pretty. Don't discount skinny jeans though, I've got no hips so they fit better than regular cut. I'm an XL-Tall at 5' 11" and... no idea what I weigh anymore. I hope less than 210. I haven't been able to check since the pandemic. We don't own a scale.   Hugs!
    • sleepinflame
      OK, now we're a step closer to each other.  I have a non-binary brain in a male body.  Lots of girl stuff and lots of boy stuff for me.   I just got a perspective shift.  If you have that fully female brain, then I see how you say "I have the wrong body!"   And you got a perspective shift, "Oh, I have a female brain."  This is how I was thinking of the MtF people the whole time and I didn't see the pain of "I have the wrong body" until a few days ago.   Very cool.  You can see that for me, I don't think, "I have the wrong body"  I just think, "I have an abby normal brain!" --Grace  
    • Tori M
      Ok, I'm tired.  I'm tired of spending hours and hours looking for pants and tops for tall women.  At reasonable prices.  I can't pay $79 for a single top, Lane Bryant.  You, too, Long Tall Sally.  Goodwill, you have tons of clothes but could you please put the tall stuff in a special section?  Amazon, you have 40,000 pairs of jeans and no checkbox on the left for "Tall".  How am I supposed to look through 40,000 pairs of jeans?!  Also, some of us are getting older... I don't want skinny jeans, I want a stretch waistband with normal legs.  My eyes are bugging from screen searching so much I'm going to need a new prescription for my glasses.   Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find tall clothes for older gals at affordable prices?  I'm only 5'11"... it shouldn't be this hard!
    • Dana Michelle
      The corrected URL is https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/nc500.pdf. The period at the end of the sentence got included in the link so it produces an error.
  • Upcoming Events