• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

ProbablyNik

Partial coming out?

ProbablyNik

Hey guys. When it comes to coming out, have any of you done it incrementally? I have been identifying as non-binary/transmasc for about 8 years now. But I've been getting more and more anxious and angry when people use my birth name, so I'm trying out names now. I think I found my name, but I've only been trying it for a week. Did you guys just know? I don't want to go back and forth on it. 

Now I'm unsure if I'm non-binary/transmasc or if I sort of landed on that as a middle ground for being straight FtM. I get very upset when people refer to me as female, present very much male, am choosing a male name, thinking of trying male pronouns, etc. So I'm working through this with my gender therapist, who I've just started seeing recently.

I'm not sure if asking one thing now and potentially more later is better, or asking for everything st once later. I'm sort of wondering how you all would approach this? --Rowan

Emily michelle

I’ve just recently started hrt and I’m only out to my wife and sister. So yes I’m doing it incrementally and on my own Time. Which I need to be coming out to more people but the ones I need to come out to I don’t think they will be accepting. On the name I always liked the name Emily so I just used it. You don’t have to know what name you want right off the bat.When you find a name that speaks to you use it and don’t look back.

BrandiBri

I would suggest that you take your time, after all this is not a sprint but a marathon. I am glad that you are seeing a gender therapist, that was the best decision that I made. 

As for as the name, this is a personal thing. Some would pick a name that fits their personality, some, like me, just pick a name they like, (actually the name picked me!) My middle name was harder, I went through girls names from a to z and started over before Brianna fit. Some use a feminine variation of their given name. One nice thing about being trans is that you get to pick your name.

Hugs,

Breandi

Kian

I agree that taking your time would probably be best, I'm doing the same thing. I think slowly coming out to people one by one, on a need-to-know basis is my prefered method. Though, some people post their coming out to Facebook and tell everyone at once. It's really up to you and what you're comfortable with. 

As for your name, I went through a few only to land on one of the first names I was considering years ago. In my opinion, try a few names out for a while, and if you're not completely sold on a name, keep looking. 

Ethan da potato

I think taking your time is important as well.

I came out to some friends in my boarding school to try for the first time my name and pronouns they were all supportive. So it was  pretty usfull as I could be Ethan in the boarding school and out *potato name*, for try outs it's pretty cool but not enough =3=

I came out to my boyfriend TWICE and he finally agreed to give it a try, he is just calling me "love" instead of Ethan too scared for now.

I came out well not really, I met a guy and when he asked my name, after thinking for ten long seconds I told him Ethan But I am kind of worried that some people know some don't and that they could make a mistake and out me. So I am planning on coming out to my parents and if everything is alright, I'll be out next year, but I feel like I am rushing as I am shting myself! So take your time! It's not funny to be scared with a count down in your head, I just feel I can't wait more that's all

Well now that sounds ironic, "wait, but I don't" hehe

As for my name I asked my mom how she'd call me if I was born a boy. She said Liam, Seth or Ethan. All english, I am french and I can tell that Seth is.. hard to pronounce for a french, as for Liam, I have a Liam in my class and it feels weird to have the same name, so here you go Ethan! ^^

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 86 Guests (See full list)

• CourtneyJax
    • Mmindy
    • MaryEllen
    • Mx.Drago
    • sleepinflame
    • Dana Michelle
    • MikaReich
    • Erikka
    • MaryMary
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

rileys
    Newest Member
    rileys

1. Josie C.
      Josie C.
      (49 years old)
    2. Rylie M
      Rylie M
      (39 years old)
    • Mmindy
      Good evening Zoey, welcome to the forums, you're among friends here.   Best Wishes, stay positive, and safe,   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • Mmindy
      Tori, I've been a bird watcher, since my teens, my wife is more of a squirrel fan. We spent 44 days in self isolation and our best feeders are within feet of our dining room picture window. We had both our work from home office laptops and monitors setup on the dining room table. Suzie does like watching the Gold Fenches go through their plumage color change, other than Cardinals they are the only birds she can identify with confidence. She was the excited when a brightly colored bird landed on the window feeder, it was an Oriole that stayed around for a couple of days.    Happy Birding,   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • Erikka
      Thanks I will give a look.
    • MikaReich
      It is,a girls night out is planned with a couple of her friends in a couple weeks
    • Mx.Drago
      Welcome back! You okay? Glad you're still with us. :Hugs:🤗
    • Kellysinclair101
      Im feeling  better . Still got problems  but working through  them  hugs 
    • MaryEllen
      I subscribe to "American Greeting Cards". You can add your own text and images to a printable card.   MaryEllen
    • Kellysinclair101
      Welcome  zoey glad your here 😇 hugs 
    • sleepinflame
      Hi Zoey,  You look great!  I wanted to say that there is an infinite spectrum and it is perfectly valid to present to the world as female but not ever go for SRS.  It is whatever works for you and I'm sorry for first doctor was so binary. --Grace.
    • Susan R
      Welcome Zoey. Glad your here. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Like yourself, I took a long break between my first journey living part time as a women and today. Back when I started going out to clubs and bars in the mid-80s, I didn’t feel safe unless I was with a few g/f‘s and we always stayed in gay/lesbian safe areas of Seattle. Today, here in the Seattle metro area where I reside, it seems very safe and accepting everywhere. This new generation does seem to be much more understanding.   I shop at costco a lot and they require masks now. I have to forego wearing lipstick until after I shop there. It’s usually the first stop on my errands list just so I don’t worry about getting lipstick everywhere.   Zoey, you look great in both photos. I can see a little weight loss in your 2019 pic especially in your cheeks and it’s a nice change. Your makeup is really done well too.   Well, thank you for sharing your journey and timeline with us. I hope to read more of your continuing journey as it unfolds.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      That sounds like a win for you both. I’m very happy for you @MikaReich! Hopefully, it’s the start of something great.   Susan R🌷
    • Zoey4Trix
      Hi Tori, Best of luck with HRT this time around. Hope all goes smoothly for you. Z.
    • Susan R
      I’ve been listening to his new stuff nonstop since you mentioned his solo stuff @Sally Stone. Some of it is perfect for exercising and going on my long walks. My newest personal favorite is now...Personal Shopper.   Like the beat but the lyrics are very timely and sort of funny. Take a look...   PERSONAL SHOPPER (lyrics) Have now, have now, pay in another life Kickstart the future, accept this loan Fill in the form, you're pre-qualified You're now the sum of what you own Buy now, buy now, have a better life Close out transactions without remorse Apply for credit, it's your given right Buy it all then buy some more Buy for comfort, buy for kicks Buy and buy until it makes you sick Buy for England, buy it all Buy online and in the shopping mall Sell it on then buy it back Buy the -crap- you never knew you lacked Buy the update to compete Buy the things that make your life complete Consumer of life, hold my hand, extend your rights It's the power to purchase to excess That sets you apart and can give you the ultimate high Abuser of our time, if there's something that you want You…      
    • Mx.Drago
      🤗Hurray for a Happy Successful Night! May you both enjoy further happiness together.
    • VickySGV
      I think one of the greeting card companies has a website where you can compose your own, or where you can download a mini program that will do it.  It uses stock formats for design, bu allows you to put your own wording on them.  Some friends where one spouse and one child are Trans do something like that.
  • Upcoming Events